Apple Cup Game Thread

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DJrmb":1co2yca2 said:
seahawkfreak":1co2yca2 said:
DJrmb":1co2yca2 said:
Coug_Hawk08":1co2yca2 said:
No credit to the huskies, no.
I see the coug fans are just as full of BS as their team plays...

Falk is playing like crap. Were supposed ignore that and kiss your feet.
And we lost our #1 WR/best special teams threat and starting RB but still kicked your ass in every phase of the game. Know how to admit when your team is simply not the better team and lose with dignity. Stop making excuses like a chump.

Falk is playing like crap and yes they are kicking our ass but I am not going to kiss any Huskey fan's balls, you can piss off. I would never ask that from an opposing fan so I find it weird that it is something you are yearning for.

DJrmb

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3jbtvoh4 said:
DJrmb":3jbtvoh4 said:
seahawkfreak":3jbtvoh4 said:
DJrmb":3jbtvoh4 said:
I see the coug fans are just as full of BS as their team plays...

Falk is playing like crap. Were supposed ignore that and kiss your feet.
And we lost our #1 WR/best special teams threat and starting RB but still kicked your ass in every phase of the game. Know how to admit when your team is simply not the better team and lose with dignity. Stop making excuses like a chump.

Falk is playing like crap and yes they are kicking our ass but I am not going to kiss any Huskey fan's balls, you can piss off. I would never ask that from an opposing fan so I find it weird that it is something you are yearning for.
Yearning for it? Nope, I don't need you at all. However, I can also admit when a better team beats my team. You clearly can't. All I was saying to begin with is that it's unfair to pretend this ass kicking is just because Falke is playing bad, and had nothing to do with the Huskies. Then you wanted to chime in. Cougar fans all week were talking tons of shit about how they knew they were the better team and how they were going to win this game. Well, welcome to reality.

Blame it on Falke all you want but your team was never going to win this game.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DJrmb":1a4e0ar4 said:
Yearning for it? Nope, I don't need you at all. However, I can also admit when a better team beats my team. You clearly can't. All I was saying to begin with is that it's unfair to pretend this ass kicking is just because Falke is playing bad, and had nothing to do with the Huskies. Then you wanted to chime in. Cougar fans all week were talking tons of shit about how they knew they were the better team and how they were going to win this game. Well, welcome to reality.

Blame it on Falke all you want but your team was never going to win this game.

Ok. I chimed in because you said "coug fans". But yeah I wasn't one of those talking smack. I had my doubts about this game from the beginning of the year. WSU is all about scheme and they are playing against a good coach and it is obvious the talent just isn't there for us except for a couple of players. Only chance we really had was if Falk came to play and he shit the bed.

chris98251

Reaction score
Huskies have a lot of injuries coming into the game as well that were lost for the season, LT,CB,WR, and tonight a RB and WR/KR, Cougs can't help but make excuses and never give credit.

Kind of the reason it's so enjoyable to beat the stuffing out of them.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
chris98251":2dtmrot5 said:
Huskies have a lot of injuries coming into the game as well that were lost for the season, LT,CB,WR, and tonight a RB and WR/KR, Cougs can't help but make excuses and never give credit.

So, let’s say the 49ers best the Seahawks and just edged us out of a division win. Is the first thing you would do is go through their injuries and congratulate them on being a better team?

I am cordial with husky fans, I mean the Cougs rarely win apple cup - so I am always humble going in. That doesn’t mean I am going to openly blow them after a loss. I wouldn’t expect that from huskies (and absolutely know it wouldn’t be coming) either.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
And it's a final, boys & girls. Washington wins 41-14. The Huskies have now won five straight Apple Cups and eight of the last nine.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3cn44oba said:
chris98251":3cn44oba said:

So, let’s say the 49ers best the Seahawks and just edged us out of a division win. Is the first thing you would do is go through their injuries and congratulate them on being a better team?

I am cordial with husky fans, I mean the Cougs rarely win apple cup - so I am always humble going in. That doesn’t mean I am going to openly blow them after a loss. I wouldn’t expect that from huskies (and absolutely know it wouldn’t be coming) either.
No one said to "blow" anyone. Taking away any credit from the other team that just blew out your team is just petulant. Even UFC fighters can shake hands after exchanging actual punches in a fight. If you find yourself not being able to say "good game" and mean it or admit that your team wasn't as good then that's a character flaw in yourself.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
DJrmb":2bzwqr4h said:
Coug_Hawk08":2bzwqr4h said:
chris98251":2bzwqr4h said:

No one said to "blow" anyone. Taking away any credit from the other team that just blew out your team is just petulant. Even UFC fighters can shake hands after exchanging actual punches in a fight. If you find yourself not being able to say "good game" and mean it or admit that your team wasn't as good then that's a character flaw in yourself.

So, you glossed over the first section. Did you want to shake hands with Malcom Butler after he destroyed our chance to win the Super Bowl? Or did you first blame Lockettes effort, or Wilson’s throw, or Bevells play call? If you went to look to high five the pats as the better team first, I question your competiveness and fandom.

You are acting so high and mighty, it’s easy to do after a win, I get it. If the Cougs won, you likely wouldn’t even be here, but that’s part of your character.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":dvzw7ozw said:
DJrmb":dvzw7ozw said:
Coug_Hawk08":dvzw7ozw said:
chris98251":dvzw7ozw said:

So, you glossed over the first section. Did you want to shake hands with Malcom Butler after he destroyed our chance to win the Super Bowl? Or did you first blame Lockettes effort, or Wilson’s throw, or Bevells play call? If you went to look to high five the pats as the better team first, I question your competiveness and fandom.

You are acting so high and mighty, it’s easy to do after a win, I get it. If the Cougs won, you likely wouldn’t even be here, but that’s part of your character.
You are acting like it was a close game. Did you watch the game???

Apples and oranges. If it was a competitive game at all then by all means claim you didn't play well and that you should have won ( taking away the credit of your opponent). However, it wasn't ever even close.

And go look at my history. I ripped my team for BS play and losses. So yeah I'd still be on here win or lose.

Your team was ranked higher, and you couldn't even be competitive in the game. To act like it had nothing to do with your opponent is childish.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Did you post about how Stanford is a better team than Washington, during the game (when the huskies lost) earlier this season? I didn’t see it in your log.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":23qplzen said:
Did you post about how Stanford is a better team than Washington, during the game (when the huskies lost) earlier this season? I didn’t see it in your log.
Yet again, apples and oranges. I know you're probably inebriated so I'll try to explain this again. If your team had been competitive At All then say whatever you want, and take away all our credit. However, you weren't. For you to not be able to admit that is really silly. Have a good night buddy. Drink some water and maybe some Gatorade too. It'll help with the hangover.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah and this is why it is still enjoyable beating the Cougs.

They Couged it big time and there is already rumors Leech is looking for a higher profile job right now.

sutz

Reaction score
This thread kind of went how the game went. Personally, I have to give major credit to the Huskies D-line. They were getting nasty pressure all game with just 3-4 guys rushing. If there was one thing that won that game, I'd go there.

The reason Falk "played like crap" is that he had Husky D-linemen in his face and all over his ass all night.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I imagine that what happened to the Cougs last night is what would happen to the Seahawks every week if we didn't have Russell Houdini Wilson under center. Falk just couldn't escape the pressure to make plays. It almost looked like the Seahawks' o-line there, 5 turnstiles. I don't think it was that the Cougs' o-line is that bad, I think it was that the Dawgs' d-line were 'men among boys' in that game. I certainly hope that one or two of them get consideration by us at draft time.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2ug1map1 said:
chris98251":2ug1map1 said:

The difference is the Huskies have been the better team for say the past 10 years (where Apple cup is concerned). So it's not like the 49ers beat the Seahawks. It's like the Seahawks putting a whoop ass on the 49ers. Huskies were favored to win by 10.5. They won by 27 points. They met the spread comfortably. Everyone but the Coug fans knew what was going to happen before the game started. Even with a good Falk the Huskies would have won. Huskies defense was on fire last night and contributed to Falk's bad game. This is why Leach is overrated. He never adjusts.

getnasty

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2o3dl510 said:
hawkfan68":2o3dl510 said:
This is why Leech is overrated. He never adjusts.

Who else do we know like that? :irishdrinkers:

If your winning 9 games a year in Pullman Washington your anything but overrated.