Anyone want o pay Geno top$?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Hmmm Hye all why not continue this on the thread its actually opened on instead of the GAME DAY forum. This isn't even game related to SEA VS AZ lol

renofox

Reaction score
It could easily end up as franchise tag (45 mill) and push out the decision. It gives an extra year to extend or move on. Starting rookies gives a lot of flexibility with cap mgmt....
The don't have the cap to tag him.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Not saying not to pay him but some folks were saying he’ll get big money. Pay him $20 mil max in my opinion. He’s a good player for this system but not most others.

chrispy

Reaction score
The don't have the cap to tag him.
I think (I could be wrong) there's currently 50mill in cap space for 23 but Geno is liked enough I bet several would restructure to keep him.

Mick063

Reaction score
Someone will pay him. If Seattle doesn't, someone else will. If Seattle drafts the next Mahomes, I'm good with that.

How often does that happen?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Post is 35 minutes old. Already aged poorly. Geno haters never learn.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Someone will pay him. If Seattle doesn't, someone else will. If Seattle drafts the next Mahomes, I'm good with that.

How often does that happen?
Absolutely. Get him signed as soon as possible. This guy is turning out to be the biggest diamond in the rough.

Fade

Reaction score
Geno's cap hit in year 1 of a new deal would be very low.

$1 mil base + proration of his signing bonus.

Which would be something like $8M to $15M cap hit depending on how big his signing bonus is, and how many years to spread said signing bonus.

chrispy

Reaction score
Interesting theory
...just an option. I'm not predicting it, but it gives JS a little more to work with. Perhaps Geno would prefer multi-year below franchise number with some guarantees if there's a chance a high draft rookie is potentially incoming. Hopefully a contract is in place before end of season.

Torc

Reaction score
Geno's cap hit in year 1 of a new deal would be very low.

$1 mil base + proration of his signing bonus.

Which would be something like $8M to $15M cap hit depending on how big his signing bonus is, and how many years to spread said signing bonus.
I bet they structure it for more cap hit at the beginning - that great rookie class means 6 starters are making low salaries.