Anyone else give less of a crap about this loss than normal?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I was pretty bummed about the way we lost. It was disappointing to see how Bevell seems to telegraph every play. The way Foles and Cunningham carved the D up makes me wonder the same about Richard too.

However, although I thought we would win this game it is one of the ones on the schedule that I thought we would be most likely to lose. Still think the Seahawks should be good for 12-4, 13-3. A few things are going to need to come together to get there though. It sure would have been nice to hit the ground running.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkspur":vubcwuqv said:
I was pretty bummed about the way we lost. It was disappointing to see how Bevell seems to telegraph every play. The way Foles and Cunningham carved the D up makes me wonder the same about Richard too.

However, although I thought we would win this game it is one of the ones on the schedule that I thought we would be most likely to lose. Still think the Seahawks should be good for 12-4, 13-3. A few things are going to need to come together to get there though. It sure would have been nice to hit the ground running.

One things for sure...If we are going to lose id rather lose like we did and not like the Giants against the Cowboys...That has got to suck for Giants fans...they actually had the win in the bag and one bad pass and decision by Eli, A FG and a prevent D later they lost the game.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Every loss puts me in a horrible mood for a week (until the next game).

I am not proud of that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":35n6mwwf said:
I think this offense has better skill players than most people realize, and is finally figuring out how to use them well.

But it's still not the Packers offense. And the massive coverage gaps we showed today, unseen since 2011, are going to hurt next week unless Williams and Bailey shake the rust off fast.

Williams and Bailey?!, how about the vets. Sherman, Thomas & Wagner Etc., they weren't exactly blowing up any big plays that were happening right in THEIR neck of the woods either.
Williams and Bailey have a better excuse for their miscues than some of our ALL PRO's.
Pretty easy to exploit the new guys that are playing on this Defense.
In the over all, I was much more put off with the way the Rams 3rd & 4th string RB's were gashing some of our Veterans on the front lines.
I knew, going in, that this was going to be a tough back & forth game, and going to overtime? with all the miscues?
Next Week is another road game with a really good team, that will be playing for all the pride they can muster.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
randomation":2dpme4h1 said:
We made Foles look like Rodgers that is very worrisome for next week.

LOL, Maybe we can make Rodgers look like Foles.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm concerned about the 31 points, especially given we gave up 24 points to the RAIDERS in one of the two games Kam missed last year. Further that with the fact that we're starting to hear stuff like Kam is the one that lines Earl up (and the stat I read a couple weeks ago that we have a +19 int/TD ratio when Kam plays compared to -17 when he doesn't - which has just gotten even worse by another game) and the concern is that the FO might be shooting themselves in the foot massively if Kam really is the centrepiece of the defense.

It was certainly frustrating watching the empty sets and screen plays - the screen plays were generally working to get us 4-5 yards at a time, but I was wondering where all the big plays were, for the first 3 quarters it seemed Russell didn't attempt the ball downfield ONCE. I was starting to worry he might be carrying an injury, but they started coming more in the 4th quarter, I guess much of the problem was that the routes were taking too long to develop and the Rams D-Line were getting to us too quickly to get them. The empty sets were maddening in that Russell never seemed to have a hot read ready to dump the ball to when they sent more than 4, but even when they sent only 4 Wilson still seemed to be getting sacked.

I'm not so worried about the offense - yes they only scored 17 points given the return and the fumble recovery, but this was a young and inexperienced O-Line going up against one of the finest front 4s in the league. There were moments where they looked real dominant breaking open holes - the final play of the game had a MASSIVE hole for Lynch that could have resulted in a TD if he had hit it - but the other half of the line was disrupted too quickly. With a couple of games of cohesion they could be very very dangerous.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Overreaction Sunday where every team is either on its way to undefeated or to a top 5 draft pick...

One part of Russ' game I wish he would improve is the timed pass game, throwing a receiver open. A couple of picks during a game will make you gun shy for sure but it seemed to me at least that there were some good short passes to be had, he just made the wrong presnap read and looked elsewhere first.

Manning does a really great job on those reads and changes his progression depending on what he sees. He also lines up his team early and uses motion and hard count to make the defense tell him where the ball should go. We seem to get lined up pretty late most of the time. Russ needs to work on those things. He will be amazing once he does.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Our defense gets killed by TEs, short quick Receivers and shifty RB

Week 2: Cobb short quick WR, Rogers TE
Week 3: Martellus Bennett TE, Forte RB
Week 4: Tate WR, Abdullah RB
Week 5: Gio Bernard RB, Eifert TE

We're starting 0 and 5 folks unless we can figure something out.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Losses are a lot harder to take, especially ones in which we were in position to win, when you are more worried about where your wins are going to come from.

I care no less about this loss, but i worry no more. We got some things to fix, but i'm confident we'll be fine.

sutz

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1jnx5m5f said:
Our defense gets killed by TEs, short quick Receivers and shifty RB

Week 2: Cobb short quick WR, Rogers TE
Week 3: Martellus Bennett TE, Forte RB
Week 4: Tate WR, Abdullah RB
Week 5: Gio Bernard RB, Eifert TE

We're starting 0 and 5 folks unless we can figure something out.
:snack:

Stlrams55

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3mzexayu said:
I care more.

I hope they move to LA. I hope that racist garbage pail of a city has seen its last professional season
Very classy of you. I make a trip up to Seattle twice a year and love it. I don't go around trashing a city like that. Yes, STL has their problems, but you get that with every city.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not me, I'm still very angry about it today. For some reason, games like that where you just give it away are harder to get over. Rams played a heck of a game, they deserve the credit, they were the better, more prepared team yesterday.
It's not that often that you can say that, but it was clear the Hawks were outcoached.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am fine. I like to win but I gave a life.

The quality of that life is not dependent on the outcome of a game I can't control.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I called this one a loss in the season prediction thread. Even though I expected a loss, I was still more bummed than I thought I'd be. Didn't realize that Russ had never lost in OT until last night. Also, the loss of Kam was obvious. I wish we didn't need him right now. :?

2_0_6

Reaction score
I go into every season expecting to lose at least a couple games that we "should have won". This would have been a much worse loss if it happened at home. One game, still 15 to go.. We will be fine

ptisme

Reaction score
BBQHawk":27n0arpp said:
TheRealDTM":27n0arpp said:
I care more.

I hope they move to LA. I hope that racist garbage pail of a city has seen its last professional season

"Rascist" city? Really?
That was a stupid comment....

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":23o6sjgi said:
This loss bugs me because we had the game and let them take it at the end.

Defense just couldn't stop a touchdown drive when we needed them to. That bugs me

Yes, this. Defense gave up a touchdown that shouldn't have been. Not to mention if Kam was in, the play would have been stopped. Should I be upset w/Kam being so selfish. Or another thought, should I be upset with PC for a onside kick?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Yes, I've come to the conclusion you have to be patient with Pete and Russ's plans, it's like novocaine, don't flip out if you can still feel pain in the very beginning becomes soon you'll be like, yeah, it's okay, everything is fine. You need give it time to work.

It matters, oh yeah. it sure does. But it's how you finish.

Only way you get better is HOW YOU "REACT" to getting BEAT!!

*edited to add...

And this just gives us such a better appetite to cream cheese next weekend, a much much more likely have a greater impact on our post season run.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
You win some and you lose some. We just won a Super Bowl and we just lost a Super Bowl by the narrowest of margins. Can't get higher than that and can't get lower than that so at this point it's all good. Honestly I just love watching my Hawks play and am glad it was a good game and that football is back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You got that right Tech Worlds. It is just a game, we have no control over it. I stay may for one day, then I'm over it. Now it didn't used to be that way, but way too many more important things in life than a football game.