Anyone else give less of a crap about this loss than normal?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
I remember in 2005 when we lost our first game to the Jags and was not that worried or disappointed, I have the same feeling this time, think it will turn out fine, one little bump in the road in a great season I think.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Naw, I'm pissed but a lot of the problems can be corrected. Defense needs to clean things up. Russ needs to pull his head out and burn teams when they blitz and Bevell needs to be a little more aware of what's happening on the field rather than his own imagination.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I'm honestly more upset with the whole 'sky is falling' routine that's been going on around here than the loss itself. A three point OT loss in a 10am game against the Rams in the season opener isn't the worst.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm a little pissed because most of this loss was self inflicted, from craptastic playcalling, to LB's and DB's being out of position all day long, missed tackles, to craptastic o-line play. They have A LOT from today to fix, from play calls, to coaching, to execution.

I'm ready to flush it though.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It was painful for me.

I've been looking at next week as a loss.
Didn't want to start 0-2.
I didn't like the play calling.
I had hope that we would feature JG much more, especially in the redzone.
I didn't like the clock management.
I though our pass coverage sucked. Too many wide open receivers.
I saw flashes of brilliance but overall I was not happy and squeaking out a win would not have changed that very much.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I'm not taking it well. Now all we need is for the Niners to win tomorrow and everyone in our division is ahead of us already.

kujohawk

Reaction score
There's blame to go around for this loss. Maybe a little butt kicking will wake them up. The players I mean. I don't hold out much hope of Bevell waking up though

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm frustrated more by this one, but not angry.

I'm frustrated with our bad tackling, which was evident in the preseason.

I'm not too frustrated with Bailey, who was in his first NFL start.

I'm frustrated by consistent bad play calling. It won't change, and that frustrates me.

I'm frustrated by the same trick play beating us two years in a row.

I'm frustrated because we should've won this game. We didn't get handled, but we did play poorly.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":39kwl12i said:
I feel the same. My guess is it's from a previous season of countless ups and downs, SB loss, blah offseason and the recent negativity with Kam. Very emotionally drained.

This right here about sums it up...so many emotions the last 2 years....almost every game coming down to the last play...no blowouts ever

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think after GB exposes how bad some our play on defence is next week people will be more concerned...funny how everyone thinks losing next week is just a given?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2an7ou9g said:
I'm honestly more upset with the whole 'sky is falling' routine that's been going on around here than the loss itself. A three point OT loss in a 10am game against the Rams in the season opener isn't the worst.

This is the same behavior we've had before. Nothing about it is new.

kf3339

Reaction score
I felt by halftime the team just didn't feel like the same as the last two years. Don't care much about the loss, but the way it happened does concern me for this season. We will have a better idea after next Sunday, but that game could be a real spanking if we play the same as today.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":41b1rg93 said:
I care more.

I hope they move to LA. I hope that racist garbage pail of a city has seen its last professional season

"Rascist" city? Really?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
This loss bugs me because we had the game and let them take it at the end.

Defense just couldn't stop a touchdown drive when we needed them to. That bugs me

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
BBQHawk":whlhfqll said:
TheRealDTM":whlhfqll said:
I care more.

I hope they move to LA. I hope that racist garbage pail of a city has seen its last professional season

"Rascist" city? Really?

I mean i spelled it right but yeah where have you been the last 40 years? You never heard of the St. Louis Cardinals?

RedAlice

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1y7sse4t said:
Kinda messed up my mood for the day, but you win some you lose some.

Made my night better. We all have a lot of emotion invested in our teams even though we control nothing.....

sutz

Reaction score
I never like to lose, but WTH? It happens.

I was also struck by the irony of losing by Marsh getting stuffed on a 4th and short, and what all the naysayers about the end of the SB would say. Oh well.

:229031_shrug:

One thing that came to my mind was that perhaps this is what happens when you don't work your stars enough in pre-season. They might take a game or two to get up to stuff. So the lack of work by Lynch and Graham in pre was kind of borne out. Neither had particularly quick starts in this game.

It's a crappy coincidence that it happened in a divisional game, but hey, road game, that old 10 am bugaboo. I suspect the team will recover well. Hey we still had a chance right down to the last play of the game.

I don't like it, but I can live with it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unlike the Pats who were a crappy team against the run the Rams are quite the opposite, I would have shown a stacked backfield with our big FB and had Wilson under center, let Graham line up and simply fake the handoff and dump to Graham, one step for him and it's a first down while the whole D line of the Rams converge on Lynch. With the D line submarining the Offensive line Wilson would have a clear shot to throw to. I thought that was why we went and got him as well as the Red zone.