Anyone catch Donald trying to fight Britt after the game?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Britt should receive the usual fine for a hit out of bounds. Why didn't the refs whistle the play dead rather than allow Donald to advance an incomplete pass?

Donald should receive a more significant fine. The game was over, and he's putting on his helmet to instigate a fight. That can't happen. They're not playing football at that point.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3pv4q75b said:
MD5eahawks":3pv4q75b said:
cjcinec56":3pv4q75b said:
“Unlike Britt, Donald wasn’t going to do anything to threaten his career.”

Like maybe physically confront a guy after the game? The author of that article is trying to justify Donald’s actions. Donald was wrong in going to Britt after the game. Putting his helmet on to do so admits intention and expectation of physical contact.

Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt. But there was a brief feeling of revenge with that Britt shot after all the Greg Williams years of dirty play against our Hawks.

Yeah, Donald was absolutely wrong to confront him after the game. No argument there.

It didn't seem like he was trying to fight him though. He wanted to jaw with him, and he did. If he wanted to tee off on him he would have, but he didn't, he started jawing at him and then waited for them to be pulled apart.

FWIW I read putting his helmet on beforehand as pretty smart, not a sign of intent that he for some reason didn't act on.

As for the the Hawks getting in the Rams' heads, next year they should try getting in their heads by beating them.

Going back and forth on cheap shots is without any purpose.

Just to jaw? You need to premeditate that and put your helmet on to jaw? No.. I don't think so..he was expecting something.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Im not sold on rams winning it all. The defense is a let down. I also dont crown coaches and teams right away either. When they win a chip, i will crown em.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, been saying it since before the season. They are gonna' get knocked out in the playoffs. Can't just win on offense, paper champs before the season even started.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1l94dkst said:
Yep, been saying it since before the season. They are gonna' get knocked out in the playoffs. Can't just win on offense, paper champs before the season even started.

I fully agree.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":z0jbb1hh said:
Ramfan128":z0jbb1hh said:
Both games this year IMO the Seahawks are coming close to utilizing the Jeff Fisher tactic of playing borderline dirty.

LOL, no fan of any team should say a word about dirty play when they start Suh week in and week out on their own squad. If that guy could stab somebody during the game and get away with it, he would.

While true that Suh has been a dirty player throughout his career, the Rams under McVay have not been "cheapshot artists", at all. We've rarely been called for roughing the passer this year.

I noticed Seattle getting chippy just like the Rams used to under Fisher the first time we played them this year. It boiled over this game. Donald shouldn't have done that, but the Rams I'm sure were pretty emotional yesterday with everything that happened in their back yard the past week.

It's funny that this is even a thread because this was all started by Britt clearly hitting Donald out of bounds. Without that play, none of this happens.

Donald is not someone I would label as dirty at all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, clearly the Rams can't handle a team knocking them in the mouth back. They acted the same way here in Seattle. Hawks are not intimidated by them at all. Makes for a great rivalry, the teams clearly don't like each other. Love it. Rams are one hell of a team, but the way people assumed they were automatically going to the Super Bowl and/or would have the best D in the league? Meh, not even close.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Hmmm...please provide examples, beside the Britt incident, of dirty plays, not dirty play - non plural -by the Hawks that compare to what we saw from Fischer?

Plus, nothing we saw from what Britt did compares to Suh.

Fact of the matter: we saw replays of Fluker pancake Suh in the first game and Donald and the entire Dline was trucked by our Oline and RBs on run plays. They’re clearly frustrated and it showed...During the game and AFTER the game.

Donald is a great player who displayed amateur hour when the game was over. So, what do you call his actions after the game? Don’t think professional comes to mind.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2acibq3a said:
Sgt Largent":2acibq3a said:
Ramfan128":2acibq3a said:
Both games this year IMO the Seahawks are coming close to utilizing the Jeff Fisher tactic of playing borderline dirty.

LOL, no fan of any team should say a word about dirty play when they start Suh week in and week out on their own squad. If that guy could stab somebody during the game and get away with it, he would.

While true that Suh has been a dirty player throughout his career, the Rams under McVay have not been "cheapshot artists", at all. We've rarely been called for roughing the passer this year.

I noticed Seattle getting chippy just like the Rams used to under Fisher the first time we played them this year. It boiled over this game. Donald shouldn't have done that, but the Rams I'm sure were pretty emotional yesterday with everything that happened in their back yard the past week.

It's funny that this is even a thread because this was all started by Britt clearly hitting Donald out of bounds. Without that play, none of this happens.

People / teams get late hit's nearly every game. What you don't see is a dumb ass retaliation that wipes out the late hit because the team ends up losing to the players ego of not wanting to take that cheap shot. Donald acting like he is the fragile QB and retaliating was totally lame and hurt his team. If you don't want to call him dirty fine. You will just need to call him a dumb ass hothead instead.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ramfan128":rdm877k0 said:
Sgt Largent":rdm877k0 said:
Ramfan128":rdm877k0 said:

We had our owner pass away and a long time Coach pass away recently, I feel bad for the people affected by the fires, we had smoke here for a month due to them in Eastern Washington and Canada this summer and it's not pleasant, but you can't use that as an excuse.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks what's going on out there. But this wasn't a close game because of the fires. Every time the Hawks play a good game, someone comes out and makes excuses for the other team :?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":asc4j9ha said:
Yeah, it sucks what's going on out there. But this wasn't a close game because of the fires. Every time the Hawks play a good game, someone comes out and makes excuses for the other team :?

Whoa that's not even close to what I was doing.

The Rams under McVay almost never rack up unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Hell we've even been one of the best teams IMO at not roughing the QB. We picked up a few yesterday, but going low on a QB when you're blocked is something that is just going to happen. It wasn't intentional.

So when I watch yesterday's game and see the numerous boneheaded penalties, yes I think that the combination of the shooting taking place in the community where some of these guys lived coupled with 20 people in the organization temporarily displaced by the fires could have played a part in the Rams emotional response to what was happening yesterday - because again, under McVay we've rarely had those types of penalties.

But in no way do I think that's why the game was close.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not talking about you. Just a select few who refuse to give the Hawks credit for anything. It's odd and creepy all wrapped up in one :lol:

Shoot, as much as I joke about the Rams, they are damn good. They reminded me of the old Hawks w/all those dumb penalties. There was a time where every time a play would end you would be holding your breath hoping someone wouldn't do something stupid on the Hawks. Or you'd be like "walk away!"

Seymour

Reaction score
delusional-nfl-fan-bases.jpg

0l2GG3Sw 400x400

lobohawk

Reaction score
Never seen so much crying about an out of bounds push. That Ram article was pathetic. And in fact, the Ram's fans should have a 10yr ban on whining considering the Jeff Fisher years. There are hundreds of o-o-b hits and I don't see folks bleeting all over the place. I mean...how dare the Ram Dream Team have bad things done to them.
Pathetic.

Britt deserved the penalty and lil Aaron needs to take his pacifier out. Maybe he's just whining, cause it's usually the D that does all the o-o-b hits and this time it was his turn.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Whether you win or lose, giving up 270+ rushing yards will make frustrate a defense. A hit out of bounds in the heat of a play is far different that putting on a helmet and trying to start a fight. Donald lost all of my respect in that moment. Classless. :pukeface:

lobohawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3msjvc6h said:
Sgt Largent":3msjvc6h said:
Ramfan128":3msjvc6h said:

This kind of thing happens almost every game. The difference was how Donald responded.

btw....is McVay still having them hike early in the clock, so he could call the plays at the line like they do in college?

Also, someone grabs my helmet after the game like that will end up with broke fingers. Shouldn't have hooked 'em in there, if you didn't want them to pop like twigs.

253hawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3a7erkky said:

Not even close, bro. Remember 2013 week 17, when the Rams were going on to yet another 7-9 record and trying to play tough guy at CLink and beat up Seattle before they went onto the playoffs (and SB win?)

Here were the dirty penalties that were accepted. Not even including the ones that missed. This was in a single game...most teams don't get this many in a full season.

• E.Sims, Unnecessary Roughness
    C.Reynolds, Unnecessary Roughness
    R.Armstrong, Unnecessary Roughness
    J.Laurinaitis, Taunting
    A.Ogletree, Unnecessary Roughness
    A.Ogletree, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
    K.Langford, Disqualification (and EXPLOSION OF HELMET PIECES)
    K.Langford, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
    R.Armstrong, Unsportsmanlike Conduct (verbal abuse of an official)
    D.Stewart, Unsportsmanlike Conduct

That was the Fisher/Williams plan on defense, while they both just stared into space on the sidelines without once trying to reel in their scumbag players. Nice to see that nothing has changed in that organization.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts.

I got no problem with Donald putting the helmet on and seeking out Britt. The hit by Britt was dirty, but so are a ton of NFL plays. Donald wanted to confront him, I doubt he was ever going to fight him. I got a lot of respect for both guys.

Also, those saying we have a rivalry with the Rams is very premature. It's been two games. Sure they were to close games, but we aren't in the same league as the Rams. LA is a SB contender right now, we likely won't even make the playoffs. Saying that we have a rivalry with the Rams right now is like a Rams fan from 4 years ago saying they have a rivalry with Seattle because they used to play us close. The Rams are not worried about the Seahawks as of now. If we can step up our game and become a playoff team, then maybe we can talk about a rivalry. But for now, not close.

Latest posts