Am I the only one that fears the NFC East champ?

chawx

Reaction score
If the Seahawks get the #5 seed and have to go up against the NFC East winner and I were to list the 3 teams in order of "scary" to "least scary", I'd go:

1) Philly. Everyone else has been saying the Giants here, but I think Philly is the most scary because they would play us how the Rams play us. Trick plays. Special teams garbage. Lots of close your eyes and chuck it deep and see what happens luck. I could see that game going down to the wire (or be a massive blowout by us) if Philly were to get a few junk TDs to keep it close.

2) Giants. Playoff Eli can play, ODB has been one of the few WRs out there who Sherm has a high-level of respect for (even in the super cocky young years when YOU DIDN'T TRY ME WITH A SORRY-ASS RECEIVER!). But, After we pick Eli twice in the first quarter, he'll be chucking up dead ducks the rest of the day. Really, I'm not worried about NY at all.

3) Redskins. We own these guys. Besides the turf killing our guys knees, there isn't a single player on the Redskins who I fear. We have better coaches, better team, better everything. I hope it's the Redskins who make it out of the NFC East, only because I know there is .0000001% chance we would lose that game (and that percent might even be a few zeros too high)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3uj0s8u9 said:
Eli SUCKS. Did anyone see that terrible game losing interception he threw 2 weeks ago?

Dude has two SB rings, 2 SB MVP awards, been to 3 Pro Bowls and is top 10 all time in passing and TD's...........hardly the body of work to describe Eli as "sucking."

Maybe he's had spurts of games where he's sucked, but he's also been about as clutch as a QB can be in the playoffs, so I wouldn't take him lightly if we have to play the Giants.

Yes their D is hot garbage, but between Manning and Beckham there's a lot to be worried about, especially with how the LOB has been carved up by good QB's this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cartire":1vkw8fgc said:
Hasselbeck":1vkw8fgc said:
No really... I am thinking of playoff matchups and its not Carolina that scares me. Its not Arizona. Its not even Green Bay.

All would be logical, because each of those teams playing at their peak are capable of winning the Super Bowl.

But the team that quietly scares the bejesus out of me, is whoever comes out of the pile of dung that is the NFC East. Maybe it's because once upon a time, before the insurgence of new Seahawk fans ( :lol: ) .. we were once in the worst division in football and an afterthought in the tournament.. and what do you know, we beat the defending NFC Champs with a losing record.

I know on paper we should beat the Redskins, Giants or Eagles going away.. but there is just a little bit of trepidation involved with facing a probable 7-9/8-8 division champ with a nothing to lose attitude.

Am I alone here?

Us beating the saints as a 7-9 team when no one thought we could, has zero bearing on any future games of the same situation. It was a shocking game BECAUSE it was so improbable, not because it reset the mean. The NFCE matchup is the least scariest matchup. Upsets of the magnitude are rare for a reason. Its why they're called upsets.

I can't agree with this more. It's a typical fan reaction to say "well, we beat team X when we were 7-9, so team Y could do it to us" but it's so so wrong.

Football is about match ups. There is very few people left from that squad on our team now. We wouldn't be playing that Saints team. Looking at the matchups, the Giants on paper look like they might be the toughest because of Eli and ODB, but looking at what they do.....that's the only match up they win.

And when you lose the rest of the match ups, and badly, it's not going to be a pretty game. Their OL won't protect Eli. They won't run on us. They don't have a very good TE. All of the things they could do to win this game, they can't do.

If I had to be honest, the Redskins look like the toughest match up overall.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Last time we played at MetLife stadium, it turned out fairly well.