Am I the only one that fears the NFC East champ?

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
The Saints played us with a depleted secondary. We had Hasselback and a star RB. No way any of those teams can match our team.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The Giants are the only team that scares me at all. Eli is clutch and I think they could be spoilers if they win the "NFC Least". Still, I like our chances against any of those teams, Giants included.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":rdbcjk3c said:
The Saints played us with a depleted secondary. We had Hasselback and a star RB. No way any of those teams can match our team.

"Get OFF me,"

he says

to Tracy Porter.

'Skins would LOVE redemption after we've been their designated Playoff Bouncer 3 times this century, but I think we'd just make it #4.

Philly...meh.

Giants. Okay, yeah, they scare me a bit. We've seem them pull this act a couple times in recent years. I'm thinking they might be the reason that the '72 Dolphins champagne bottles are uncorked soon. At least the game would be at our stadium. Yes, I'm referring to MetLife before anyone "corrects" me.

MVP53

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't think it's absolute sure thing we end up the 5 seed and a chance to find out how bad the NFCE champ is?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Remember when the 7-9 NFC Worst Seahawks beat reigning SB Champs The Saints.

Yeah I fear the NFC East Champ.

I'm sure the Hawks will not take that game lightly, so that's what matters. Heck they shouldn't be taking any of these next games lightly until that #5 seed is locked.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28zqck6b said:
gowazzu02":28zqck6b said:
It's football, and it's the NFL anything can happen. But this team in particular usually doesn't play down to teams in the big moment. If this was a Sunday in early October,,, maybe, but not in the bright lights of the playoffs.

The thing that scares me the most, is in this order:
1-The Redskins god awful turf
2- Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin (sp)
3- Philly having a lucky game like they did vs NE, with 2 sp tds and a pick 6.

I think #2 scares me more than any scenario.

Eli sure looked good last night and ODB is frightening.

Fedex Field scares me more than any team. Hell, it was that field that probably lost us the Atlanta game that year.

After that, I'd agree. Manning and Beckam are the most scary thing in the NFCE, and I still think we thoroughly whoop them if we play them in the playoffs.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3flbt1pf said:
No really... I am thinking of playoff matchups and its not Carolina that scares me. Its not Arizona. Its not even Green Bay.

All would be logical, because each of those teams playing at their peak are capable of winning the Super Bowl.

But the team that quietly scares the bejesus out of me, is whoever comes out of the pile of dung that is the NFC East. Maybe it's because once upon a time, before the insurgence of new Seahawk fans ( :lol: ) .. we were once in the worst division in football and an afterthought in the tournament.. and what do you know, we beat the defending NFC Champs with a losing record.

I know on paper we should beat the Redskins, Giants or Eagles going away.. but there is just a little bit of trepidation involved with facing a probable 7-9/8-8 division champ with a nothing to lose attitude.

Am I alone here?

yes, you're alone

Cartire

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":15dst8ft said:
No really... I am thinking of playoff matchups and its not Carolina that scares me. Its not Arizona. Its not even Green Bay.

All would be logical, because each of those teams playing at their peak are capable of winning the Super Bowl.

But the team that quietly scares the bejesus out of me, is whoever comes out of the pile of dung that is the NFC East. Maybe it's because once upon a time, before the insurgence of new Seahawk fans ( :lol: ) .. we were once in the worst division in football and an afterthought in the tournament.. and what do you know, we beat the defending NFC Champs with a losing record.

I know on paper we should beat the Redskins, Giants or Eagles going away.. but there is just a little bit of trepidation involved with facing a probable 7-9/8-8 division champ with a nothing to lose attitude.

Am I alone here?

Us beating the saints as a 7-9 team when no one thought we could, has zero bearing on any future games of the same situation. It was a shocking game BECAUSE it was so improbable, not because it reset the mean. The NFCE matchup is the least scariest matchup. Upsets of the magnitude are rare for a reason. Its why they're called upsets.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If the Hawks can't beat one of those chump teams, that will be their problem and not mine. So no, I don't fear the NFC East winner.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Giants?
Manning has had maybe 4 good games in ten years. ALL in Jan/Feb

Skins?
Anybody at any given time could lose career on that turf.

Eagles?
Beat new England

So yes. It can happen

kf3339

Reaction score
I remember our playoff game against the Saints several years ago, and remember them being rather egotistic and overly confident in winning that game. I don't think they took us seriously.

We will not do the same thing. So no I'm not worried at all.

If we could beat a surging Steelers team in a shootout, we can beat any team left going forward. To me we can only beat ourselves at this point.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks barely beat Dallas and they are the worst team in NFC East. Any given Sunday. Fall asleep at the wheel and bad things happen. However, I'm confident this team has a new attitude since week 10 of the season. They are more focused than they were early in the season.

FLhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm pulling for the Giants to win the NCFE, because I really don't want the 'Hawks to have to face Fedex Field in the first round. Redskins, not a problem. Their field, that's a problem.

Polaris

Reaction score
Of all the teams in the NFC East only the Giants worry me (and then only a little) and not because they're good but because Eli Manning can get white-hot at a moment's notice, and when that happens, even a mediocre Giants team can be hard to beat.

acbass

Reaction score
As fans we have the luxury of overlooking anyone we want, but I can promise you the team won't. If they end up facing the NFC lEast winner, then they will prepare the way they do for everyone. It's the NFL and anything can happen, but I'd rather play the NFC lEast winner than any other team in the first round.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Outfield":35s0ugf2 said:
Ad Hawk":35s0ugf2 said:
Yes. Yes you are. The only one.

Well except maybe Blitzer :lol:
Except Blitzer has been pretty positive this year. Well, for him at least. :mrgreen:

Anyway I'm not seeing any NFCE team beat us but I do think the Giants might give us the best run at it.