Always ComPete!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
More than a few on this board have mentioned the always comPete mantra and how it didn't really apply to #3. I've been thinking about this the last couple of days and I think it has merit. I kind of always dismissed it because, well Russ was Russ and we had a franchise QB so any competition was probably a moot point anyway. I remember a little bit of talk about the team looking at Mahomes and Allen and I dismissed that too because again the franchise QB thing. It evidently pissed off Russ. But what if Pete really did want the always comPete thing but Russ was too thin skinned or fragile to really handle it? Those are things I never thought about in regards to him but I'm starting to think its probably a huge part of many QBs egos. Look at all the drama surrounding Rodgers when the Packers drafted Love.

I'm beginning to think these prima donna QBs are pretty fragile when it comes to their egos. "You want to potentially replace me?' Forget bringing in competition. Granted, unseating a franchise type QB isn't an easy thing, but no body is irreplaceable. Eventually they get older and lose their God given abilities. Except for Tom Brady that is. :roll: As much as I didn't want it to happen, I guess it was just time to move on.

Fade

Reaction score
Ironically, the Seahawks are going to field one of the most noncompetitive teams in franchise history in 2022.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Fade":29k3igkj said:
Ironically, the Seahawks are going to field one of the most noncompetitive teams in franchise history in 2022.

Perhaps we'll have a repeat of the Seahawks 1992 season :sarcasm_off:

Fade

Reaction score
Hawknight":lj09f29z said:
Fade":lj09f29z said:

Perhaps we'll have a repeat of the Seahawks 1992 season :sarcasm_off:

If Drew Lock is the QB, worse.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Fade":21favatn said:

Come on man. You of all people know that Pete won 7 games with Tavaris Jackson (RIP).

Fade

Reaction score
sdog1981":2i32eix6 said:
Fade":2i32eix6 said:

Come on man. You of all people know that Pete won 7 games with Tavaris Jackson (RIP).

That was old Pete in a bad division. Senile Pete in the best division, with a QB that is worse than TJack. 7 wins is not happening.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Fade":1wmqqizg said:

Time will tell, it's very early yet to be writing off the season.

However, don't let your common sense get in the way of your firmly held bias against the FO especially Carroll. I suspect the team fielded this season will be quite competitive but still a good way away from being a SB contender.

Wilson wanted out, plain and simple. Please remember that reality was the moving force behind his trade. Whether Wilson had reason to complain is a whole other story but usually there are always two sides to every story.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Before the 2020 season, a LOT of people acted like the Hawks were gonna' win 5 games.

They won 12 and a division title.

Fade

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1899ihda said:
Fade":1899ihda said:

Time will tell, it's very early yet to be writing off the season.

However, don't let your common sense get in the way of your firmly held bias against the FO especially Carroll. I suspect the team fielded this season will be quite competitive but still a good way away from being a SB contender.

Wilson wanted out, plain and simple. Please remember that reality was the moving force behind his trade. Whether Wilson had reason to complain is a whole other story but usually there are always two sides to every story.

I just follow the data, my friend.

Pete and John's track record since 2013 has been underwhelming at best, horrendous at worst. Going on nearly 10 years of terrible off-seasons.

Wilson wanted out because of this, and I don't blame him for wanting out.

"Quite competitive" What do you mean by that? Finishing in last place is noncompetitive, not quite competitive.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Fade":3zy0c288 said:
I suggest that you not bother watching any of the games this year, you already to the final scores. Find another team to follow so we don't have to listen to negative rants from non fans. Take all of your negative friends with you..

Smellyman

Reaction score
Fade":3k5om0f3 said:

If RW meant that much to this Roster then Wilson had to be traded

PNW

Reaction score
Always ComPete unless you’re a coach/GM then you get a pass every year