Al Michaels: SNF limits showing Seattle home games

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted somewhere else. Pretty much admits to what we knew all along.

"I wish that we had more games in Seattle, but I think we're reduced now to one a year," Michaels said. "They were afraid for so many years that the Seahawks were so dominant at home... When the league was looking at the schedule, they always want to have compelling games on a Sunday night and the Seahawks were victims, I think, of their own success because they were blowing everybody out 42-3. So, it will be good to get back in there."

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2845456/Al-M ... home-games

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Its all random! This was all decided 26 years ago by monkeys picking balls, there is no bias against seattle in the NFL at all. You all have an inferiority complex!

:roll:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Monkeys picking balls, or monkeys picking their balls, or heck even monkeys flinging poo is still a better form of league management than Roger Gooddell.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nothing the NFL does is Random, especially when it comes to ratings and revenue.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i have no issue with the NFL trying to balance out the parity of the league. I think thats a good thing. Bring it. This is them respecting us. They're scared. At the end of the day theres still 8 away games and 8 home games. I have no complaints with a home monday night game and a home sunday night game this year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That and the Seahawks are barely holding onto playoff relevance, and that only because it's so early in the season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":34atin03 said:
That and the Seahawks are barely holding onto playoff relevance, and that only because it's so early in the season.

They are one game out in the loss column for a playoff spot.

That's barely holding on?

Maybe I am misreading what you are saying.....

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This may have been the case in previous years, but we haven't exactly been blowing out opponents at home.

Steve2222

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3hvl6zso said:
Its all random! This was all decided 26 years ago by monkeys picking balls, there is no bias against seattle in the NFL at all. You all have an inferiority complex!

lol you realize this is a huge compliment towards us right?

You probably can't see that through your self admitted inferiority complex though

ringless

Reaction score
Steve2222":hmxnzffn said:
TheRealDTM":hmxnzffn said:

You probably can't see that through your self admitted inferiority complex though

I think he is quoting me.

However it's true the schedule of who you play is set 26 years in advance. Whether it's Sunday afternoon or Sunday night is not. But the teams are. So you are kind of talking about two different things but keep thinking that.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Honestly Im glad the Sunday night games are flexed. Games like the Bears and Chargers this past Monday, yes good game, but irrelevant. On the other hand, I grew up in New York in the 80s and the only time I got to see the Hawks play were 4pm games against the Broncos or Sunday/Monday night football. We didn't have cable so I couldn't even watch highlights on ESPN. The non flexing allowed me to see Seattle at least 3 or 4 games a season

ringless

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":w0hmep8z said:
ringless":w0hmep8z said:
Steve2222":w0hmep8z said:
TheRealDTM":w0hmep8z said:

I think he is quoting me.

However it's true the schedule of who you play is set 26 years in advance. Whether it's Sunday afternoon or Sunday night is not. But the teams are. So you are kind of talking about two different things but keep thinking that.

Wow, so they know who's going to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in their divisions 26 years from now?

A M A Z I N G B O Y S

What you are talking about is 2 games per year.

But to help clarify since you are struggling with comprehension skills.
If the divisions are unchanged. You will play 6 games in the NFC west
4 Games against a non Division NFC opponent (who ever it rotates to at that point)
4 Games against an AFC Division (who ever it rotates to at that point)
2 games against 1 of the remaining NFC teams in accordance with who rank against in division finish.

If you agree with the above then naturally you'd agree that 14 games of 16 are planned for the next 26 years no? But you can continue to get upset by 14 games of 16 this year were already determined 10+ years ago.

But keep trying to change it to fit your narrative of how you have been abused and bent over by the league. How it's always the league out focusing solely on Seattle and how they can ensure them over. Your the type of fan the other 31 dislike. If everything isn't just perfect you throw a little tantrum about it

ringless

Reaction score
mikeak":27a59j75 said:
Confused about the tie between who we play and when we play them....

For the only two games that are not in common.
For example this year. Seahawks finished 1st last year in NFC West so will play division winners from South/East this year.
Arizona finished 2nd last year, so will play 2nd placed teams from South/East last year and so on.

Otherwise:
6 NFC West Games
4 AFC North games (rotates)
4 NFC North teams (rotates)

2 based on positional finishing one from each NFC division remaining

mikeak

Reaction score
Oh I got that part

The OP wrote about why aren't getting more SNF games. We playbook teams so how is it relevant what good teams we play....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":3bu9fst6 said:
mikeak":3bu9fst6 said:
Confused about the tie between who we play and when we play them....

For the only two games that are not in common.
For example this year. Seahawks finished 1st last year in NFC West so will play division winners from South/East this year.
Arizona finished 2nd last year, so will play 2nd placed teams from South/East last year and so on.

Otherwise:
6 NFC West Games
4 AFC North games (rotates)
4 NFC North teams (rotates)

2 based on positional finishing one from each NFC division remaining

When and where the games are played is not however, which has a massive impact on the schedule.

We all know the rotation, this isn't something new and each year the board has a thread on guessing the schedule. However, that's not what's in discussion here, nor the emphasis of the belief the team's schedule is being manipulated to put them at a disadvantage. You're either purposefully missing the crux of the point or just don't have one yourself to make. Each time new evidence is brought up to help sustain that belief you have some general retort that fails to addresses it specifically.

SNF doesn't want their games in Seattle. Your retort, "guys, these things were decided 26 years ago."

No, no they were not. In fact, the only thing decided is who you play. When and even where (outside of 6 games) isn't decided until the Spring before the upcoming season.