Al Michaels: SNF limits showing Seattle home games

seahawks08

Reaction score
We have RW's jersey as a the number 1 selling, we are making our presence felt, now networks are trying to catch up to showing the style of football we play. It's great to be a fan and its great to be around the PC era!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2z3g5t5r said:
we need more eagles in primetime....
No, we need more Cowboys because having around 12 of their 16 games in either prime time or the 4:00 PM Eastern time slot despite the fact that they've won freaking NOTHING since the mid-90s qualifies them for being endlessly shoved up our......er, down our throats.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well a couple more losses like Carolina, and we'll see more primetime home games!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ozio1fi said:
Well a couple more losses like Carolina, and we'll see more primetime home games!

Well, no we won't. Because back when we were bad, everyone around here complained about the lack of national prime-time games, and everyone else retorted that we would never get those games being such losers. Now we're not losers, and still not getting the games, and those same people are saying of course we're not getting them, we're too good! Talk about blowing hot and cold with the same breath...

NINEster

Reaction score
Last year it might have been an issue, but I don't think it's a huge competitive advantage any longer for the Seahawks.

Davidess

Reaction score
Uncle Si":gg0zu9wc said:
ringless":gg0zu9wc said:
mikeak":gg0zu9wc said:
Confused about the tie between who we play and when we play them....

For the only two games that are not in common.
For example this year. Seahawks finished 1st last year in NFC West so will play division winners from South/East this year.
Arizona finished 2nd last year, so will play 2nd placed teams from South/East last year and so on.

Otherwise:
6 NFC West Games
4 AFC North games (rotates)
4 NFC North teams (rotates)

2 based on positional finishing one from each NFC division remaining

When and where the games are played is not however, which has a massive impact on the schedule.

We all know the rotation, this isn't something new and each year the board has a thread on guessing the schedule. However, that's not what's in discussion here, nor the emphasis of the belief the team's schedule is being manipulated to put them at a disadvantage. You're either purposefully missing the crux of the point or just don't have one yourself to make. Each time new evidence is brought up to help sustain that belief you have some general retort that fails to addresses it specifically.

SNF doesn't want their games in Seattle. Your retort, "guys, these things were decided 26 years ago."

No, no they were not. In fact, the only thing decided is who you play. When and even where (outside of 6 games) isn't decided until the Spring before the upcoming season.

not to be nit picky but technically even before the year starts we know where we will be playing. On a rotation like the rest of the schedule.

Next year we will be playing
@NE
@NYJ
@SF
@AZ
@STL
@ATL
@CAR
@NFC North-GB or Minny (I'd Assume, since they are battling first. this is also assuming we get first in our division..look at me being the optimist)

Home will be something like this
SF
STL
AZ
Mia
BUF
TB
NO
NFC EAST-NYG or Philly (again assuming we get 1st in our division and they do as well)

As I've understood it, the networks and the NFL get together prior to the schedule unveiling and almost have a bidding war as to what games will be played on what station. by looking at this schedule I can assume that we could have 4 prime time games and here are my guesses for next year

SNF/MNF
@NE-story line. replay of SB 49
@CAR-potentially rematch of 2015 NFC championship (again being an optimist)
@GB/Minny- If its GB. well our history with this team is definitely enough
AZ-Division game. most likely on TNF.

Next year could be a challenging schedule. it will be interesting.

RiverDog

Reaction score
First of all, I really don't care if we play in Prime Time or not. It's a football game, not a popularity contest. Besides, a 1:00 PST game is better for my schedule anyway. If I want to attend in person, I can make a day trip out of it, something that's more problematic with a 5:30 pm start.

Secondly, I don't believe Al Michaels. I think he was either taken out of context or was just trying to be complementary to a Seahawk audience by noting how we blow out people..er, rather, how we used to blow them out. NBC is going to put what ever game on SNF that they think will net them the most viewers and make their advertising space more valuable. If they can make more money without taking anything away from my enjoyment of the game, then more power to them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Davidess":2vbzhoc8 said:
Uncle Si":2vbzhoc8 said:
ringless":2vbzhoc8 said:
mikeak":2vbzhoc8 said:
Confused about the tie between who we play and when we play them....

For the only two games that are not in common.
For example this year. Seahawks finished 1st last year in NFC West so will play division winners from South/East this year.
Arizona finished 2nd last year, so will play 2nd placed teams from South/East last year and so on.

Otherwise:
6 NFC West Games
4 AFC North games (rotates)
4 NFC North teams (rotates)

2 based on positional finishing one from each NFC division remaining

When and where the games are played is not however, which has a massive impact on the schedule.

We all know the rotation, this isn't something new and each year the board has a thread on guessing the schedule. However, that's not what's in discussion here, nor the emphasis of the belief the team's schedule is being manipulated to put them at a disadvantage. You're either purposefully missing the crux of the point or just don't have one yourself to make. Each time new evidence is brought up to help sustain that belief you have some general retort that fails to addresses it specifically.

SNF doesn't want their games in Seattle. Your retort, "guys, these things were decided 26 years ago."

No, no they were not. In fact, the only thing decided is who you play. When and even where (outside of 6 games) isn't decided until the Spring before the upcoming season.

not to be nit picky but technically even before the year starts we know where we will be playing. On a rotation like the rest of the schedule.

@NE
@NYJ
@SF
@AZ
@STL
@ATL
@CAR
@NFC North-GB or Minny (I'd Assume, since they are battling first. this is also assuming we get first in our division..look at me being the optimist)

SF
STL
AZ
Mia
BUF
TB
NO
NFC EAST-NYG or Philly (again assuming we get 1st in our division and they do as well)

As I've understood it, the networks and the NFL get together prior to the schedule unveiling and almost have a bidding war as to what games will be played on what station. by looking at this schedule I can assume that we could have 4 prime time games and here are my guesses for next year

SNF/MNF
@NE-story line. replay of SB 49
@CAR-potentially rematch of 2015 NFC championship (again being an optimist)
@GB/Minny- If its GB. well our history with this team is definitely enough
AZ-Division game. most likely on TNF.

Next year could be a challenging schedule. it will be interesting.

good addition. I Meant more "where" on the schedule....back to back east coast road games, etc.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Davidess":2vrfg4fq said:
@NE
@NYJ
@SF
@AZ
@STL
@ATL
@CAR

SF
STL
AZ
Mia
BUF
TB
NO

It's my understanding that we play N'Orleans on the road next year, hence my desire to make that the Unofficial Official NET BASH... ((crossing fingers))

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":18qf6e3v said:
Davidess":18qf6e3v said:
@NE
@NYJ
@SF
@AZ
@STL
@ATL
@CAR

SF
STL
AZ
Mia
BUF
TB
NO

It's my understanding that we play N'Orleans on the road next year, hence my desire to make that the Unofficial Official NET BASH... ((crossing fingers))

.....at Pat Obriens in the French Quarter.........

RiverDog

Reaction score
Aros":t6yhst0q said:

I could be talked into going to Nawlins. Hopefully it won't be in September or October (hurricane season).

Latest posts