ABD Yelling at Wilson on the sideline.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SonicHawk":29ornw1a said:
Rob12":29ornw1a said:
SonicHawk":29ornw1a said:
RW hasn't been a good QB all year.

Explain. He had a terrible game yesterday, but you need to quantify that statement some how.

I do agree that he seems way more skittish and unwilling to take shots down the field, which is depressing.

I do put a bit of the blame on the WRs. I don't think Russ has any confidence in them.

RW has no pocket presence. He's indecisive on when to run and he gets out of the pocket as quickly as possible and our WRs just aren't good enough to improvise every single play. He's also missed a lot of wide open receivers.

Think of the last drive against San Diego, or now against Dallas. Did you have any confidence that we would at least get a first down? No, because there was no run threat, there was no 'triple-option' to get RW on his horse. He has no confidence throwing into coverage and when he does, it gets intercepted (that last INT hurt bad. Real bad).

Marshawn Lynch was a non-factor and RW has led us to exactly 0 wins when Lynch doesn't accumulate 100 yards from LoS. And it's bothersome because Lynch had a 6 yard per carry average in each loss, but had a total of 17 carries.
I was curious about the part of your post that I bolded, so I did some research using the stats on NFL.com and Excel (gotta love pivot tables). I looked at the time period in which both Marshawn and Russell have been on the team--2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons, including post-season games. Here's what I found.

Average rush yards: 98.2
Average rush yards in losses: 83.8
Average rush yards in wins: 105.4
Differential: 21.6 yards more on average in wins

Average rush yards: 81.3
Average rush yards in losses: 81.7
Average rush yards in wins: 81.3
Differential: .4 yards less on average in wins

Average rush yards: 73.4
Average rush yards in losses: 48.5
Average rush yards in wins: 90
Differential: 41.5 yards more on average in wins

On a raw numbers basis, 13 of 31 wins have come when 'Shawn has rushed 100 yards or more (17 of the 31 wins if you look for games with 97 yards or more). On the other hand, only 4 of our 11 losses were in games in which he ran for 100+ yards. So he definitely makes a difference overall, but he's not the only one winning games for the team.

Your statement was somewhat true on an average basis for the 2012 season and so far this year. Interestingly, it was not the case last season. Marshawn had fractionally fewer yards rushing per game when we won versus when we lost.

Clearly we need Marshawn to rush more this season. TOP does play a part in that, as there have been two games now in which the offense didn't see the field all that much. Still, we need to get the ball in his hands more so that his rush average is balanced out over the season. Pete loves balance of run and pass anyway, so I'm sure he'll be looking to get that adjustment made.

On the bright side, there are still 11 games to play.

Oh, in case you're interested, Marshawn's average rush yards for the entire period of 2012 to present is 87.6.

(Edited several times to add the raw numbers paragraph and to fix typos--a bunch of typos, dammit)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Last year: Where's the short, quick passing game?

This year: Why all the short passes? FIRE BEVELL!

the ditch

Reaction score
This whole exchange irked me because Baldwin dropped two potentially crucial passes in the Washington game and he didn't look all that great against Dallas. He's a good receiver but if you follow him on twitter he has an I'm always right attitude that will rub me the wrong way sometimes.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":vpbzuw4n said:

We ran bubble screens all the time last year as well. The short passing game that was missing last year was to the middle of the field. Still none of that this year. Instead we are substituting this broken ass screen game for a run game.

In short, your quote doesn't capture either sentiment well, and is purposefully creating a false equivalency.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1xus69oh said:

I don't think anybody wanted half our passes to be behind the friggin' line of scrimmage...At least, I know that's not what *I* meant when I referred to short passing game.

WendellWent":1xus69oh said:
In short, your quote doesn't capture either sentiment well, and is purposefully creating a false equivalency.
A.K.A., trolling.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
the ditch":39rmzt4t said:
This whole exchange irked me because Baldwin dropped two potentially crucial passes in the Washington game and he didn't look all that great against Dallas. He's a good receiver but if you follow him on twitter he has an I'm always right attitude that will rub me the wrong way sometimes.

Yeah I have a hard time following his twitter because I feel half of his stuff is usually him trying to come off like some philosopher trying to educate the world on social media. Sadly I'd rather just read tweets from my favorite players that say "Yo 12s! sorry bout da game, gonna be at X doing autographs at 7, come check me out!"

Ozzy

Reaction score
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that Harvin blew up at the coaching staff about this game. Is there any truth to this? I haven't seen anything about this and leaning towards it being not true.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rqhvob8 said:
Sarlacc83":2rqhvob8 said:

I don't think anybody wanted half our passes to be behind the friggin' line of scrimmage...At least, I know that's not what *I* meant when I referred to short passing.

I'm of the opinion that the Carroll mandated exclusion of the middle of the field is hurting the offense the most. (And it is Carroll because it stems from the fear of turnovers.) Really need to get Richardson or ADB behind the 8 man box. Deep posts and such.

Then attack the deep zone with shallow sit down routes. Kind of like what happens to our defense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Getting back on track here....Baldwin spoke more on his rant and sideline antics today. There's more about it at the link.

A calmer Baldwin met with reporters in the locker room prior to practice Wednesday and said he had no regrets about his actions Sunday but also that he thinks they have been misconstrued by anyone who thinks he was frustrated at Wilson or anyone in particular on the Seattle sideline.

“People are not in our locker room,” Baldwin said. “They don’t know what goes in our meeting rooms, they don’t know what goes on on the football field and they don’t know what happens in that conversation between me and Russell. I wasn’t yelling at Russell. I was voicing frustration as a whole with the offense. I told him ‘we are too good for this,’ that we should be putting up 40 points, that we have too much talent to not be going out there and not playing the way we are capable of. I wasn’t yelling at Russell in any negative way. He knows I’m a fiery guy and that’s just how I am. I’m passionate about the game of football.”

Wilson said everyone in the Seattle locker room understood his comments.

[urltargetblank]http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/10/15/seahawks-receiver-doug-baldwin-we-are-not-as-good-as-we-think-we-are/[/urltargetblank]

HawkWow

Reaction score
I felt the loss to Dallas was very easy to diagnose. Their D-line had an O-line to practice against, ours didn't. That fact won Dallas the trench war. More times than not, as we all know, the game is won and lost at the LOS.

On topic, Doug is definitely the emotional type. I like the guy, but IIRC, not so long ago, he made some disparaging, personal remarks (twitter) that many felt were directed at Wilson. For a Stanford guy, that ain't real smart. Doug doesn't look to be playing with the swag he had pre-contract. Did he drop this many balls all of last year? Combine that with the possibility he and his QB are not happy with each other, then add Norwood (in particular) and Richardson, Doug might be wearing different colors this time next year. Again I like the guy, but he might want to start being seen more and heard less going forward, imo.

byau

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":35iu03ns said:
DavidSeven":35iu03ns said:
brimsalabim":35iu03ns said:
SonicHawk":35iu03ns said:
One thing Seattle could use is a legit outside receiver to pair with him on the other side. Someone like a healthy Sidney Rice. I like Baldwin and Kearse, but these guys aren't really scaring anyone on one-on-one coverage. The QB also has to be willing to go that guy in tough situations. During the Vikings big year, Favre consistently went to Rice in contested one-on-one situations.

This is good stuff.

Agree that our receivers (however good) are not making D-coordinators scheme for them.

Ding-ding
and
Ding-ding

I think Baldwin and Kearse *could* be those guys that you feel confident throwing a 50-50 ball too. The top receivers are the ones you know will win the battle for the pass. Tate is good at that.

Seafan

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with ADB's anger. He just needs to say that he has sucked this year too.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kidhawk":xk2n0h4z said:
Getting back on track here....Baldwin spoke more on his rant and sideline antics today. There's more about it at the link.

A calmer Baldwin met with reporters in the locker room prior to practice Wednesday and said he had no regrets about his actions Sunday but also that he thinks they have been misconstrued by anyone who thinks he was frustrated at Wilson or anyone in particular on the Seattle sideline.

“People are not in our locker room,” Baldwin said. “They don’t know what goes in our meeting rooms, they don’t know what goes on on the football field and they don’t know what happens in that conversation between me and Russell. I wasn’t yelling at Russell. I was voicing frustration as a whole with the offense. I told him ‘we are too good for this,’ that we should be putting up 40 points, that we have too much talent to not be going out there and not playing the way we are capable of. I wasn’t yelling at Russell in any negative way. He knows I’m a fiery guy and that’s just how I am. I’m passionate about the game of football.”

Wilson said everyone in the Seattle locker room understood his comments.

[urltargetblank]http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/10/15/seahawks-receiver-doug-baldwin-we-are-not-as-good-as-we-think-we-are/[/urltargetblank]
Similar to fans and the media crucifying Dez when he was fired up