A Possible dark, dystopian future for the Seahawks

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":23ymclbm said:
Fade":23ymclbm said:
Fun fact: Nearly half of Wilson's INTs were off of receivers hands last season, and 6 would be TD passes were dropped.

I'm just hoping cooler heads prevail. With the Jets owning Seattle's next two 1st rounders it is not the time to start a rebuild. In two years Wilson will have 1 year remaining on his contract. That would be the year to trade him if he is unwilling to do an extension. Franchise tag DK Metcalf and trade him.

The Seahawks can then do their rebuild properly if they have to go that route. They would have about eight 1st round picks in three years, with a tank job mixed in to get high draft pick(s). They could draft a QB, LT, LG, RT, DE, DT, CB, S. All in the 1st round alone. JS could work his magic in the middle and later rounds and find some gems to round out the squad.

Doing the rebuild now would be the Seahawks working for the Jets. Losing a bunch of games only to surrender the picks to the Jets.

So in the meantime Seattle should do what Wilson wants, get him some O-Line and make him happy. They have an absorbent amount of cap space in 2022, use it. Go all in on Wilson the next two years and let the chips fall where they may.

I completely agree with this post. I'd say as well that Wilson's team needs to stop rocking the boat and he needs to sit down with the team to attempt to find common ground. Exorbitant cap space would be nice.

It’s too late for that now! They should’ve done it before the Super Bowl but they chose to piss RW off and dig themselves a bigger hole!

Things have changed if they keep RW and fail they will get fired! Don’t forget they rallied the entire front office and Jody behind them against Russ!

The President sent a letter to all season ticket holders bragging about the 2020 accomplishments which included names of all the players that did good! They didn’t mention RW at all!

Pete & John dug this hole purposely we have to wait and see what the master scheme is! It’s obvious the draft is loaded with future NFL QB’s but they won’t be ready to play until 2022. It’s obvious bargains are to be had in Free Agency! Trent Williams is hitting Free Agency and Leonard Williams could also hit Free Agency! Watch out for Detriot’s Jarred Davis 1st round #21 Will LB hitting Free Agency.

Tyler Lockett is also commandin

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3cp9myy4 said:
Aren't we all Seahawk fans first, Wilson fans second?

Why is it assumed that giving Russ what he wants (whatever that is) automatically makes us a better football team?

Russ may get what he wants, but do fans get what we want with a Russ "controlled" (whatever that means) team?

It appears many of us just make the correlation between letting Russ do things his way and Super Bowl wins......
This has run through my mind more than once reading some of this discussion on here. I'm not sure what these folks have seen that makes them believe that turning the offense over to Russ is somehow the winning formula but it's lost on me.

I think part of it is probably that they have seen (and KNOW) that Pete Carroll cannot run an offense that isn't based on a lot of hoping/praying for amazing performances from his RB/QB outside of whatever he schemes up for offense.

That being said, it's a leap to say that the 'solution' is to have Russ dictate how things go simply because Pete isn't good at it. I think having a good OC who is actually given space from both Pete and Russ is what we really need...

toffee

Reaction score
Folks, it's time to accept Russ's heart have left the building , the town, the state. One could point fingers at why, as one should, bit that won't change Russ has left.

More productive to talk what we will do in the post Russ era with plenty of picks, and cap room in couple of seasons.

No point thinking what dinner your gf will cook.for ya tonight, when she is out with four new boy toys. She ain't cooking for ya no more.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

DHawk

Reaction score
MAN! This whole thing has been messin' with my blood pressure more than I should let it. But dammit, I've had this strange thought about not just the 'Hawks and Russ that just keeps making me deep sigh every time I go through it. The thought is; Isn't this just a uniquely Seattle sports thing or what? I mean, I know other cities have drama with their professional teams and players. But this kind of stuff just seems so... Seattle. The Mariners, Sonics(rip), and Seahawks have had these gut punching dramas that change their teams for the worse. Like only Seattle can mess up something like keeping a once in a lifetime franchise player happy. Ugh.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Elemas":3rgb185s said:
Hawkpower":3rgb185s said:
Elemas":3rgb185s said:
I’m a fan of the team. Since way before RW joined. But, the lack of loyalty or willingness to budge is troubling. This is why you have checks and balances that stem from as high as the federal government to your local gas station on the corner. It feels like we have a head coach with unparalleled power within this organization.

I don’t for one second think John and Pete want to fail. But part of me certainly thinks that they trust Pete’s system more than they do the players that comprise it. Think about the first 5 games...would there be talk of a RW trade at that point in the past? He hasn’t lost it folks. The system took over.

There’s one other possibility and I’m sure I’ll get knocked for stating this as you never play to loose. The Jets even screwed that up. But, look at our division. We have two teams that are in the win at all costs phase. Both teams that are likely to fall off very HARD in the next 3 years (One, LA more guaranteed than likely). We also have a damn good AZ team that appears ready to compete sans a few pieces.

With Pete’s age, this is an unlikely scenario but if your running a marathon here and not a sprint, perhaps you’re looking 3 years down the line. Perhaps you respect Russ enough to let him flourish and compete the way he wants on a different team as it won’t happen here. I truly believe he would win a SB in Chicago or NO. Maybe the best case scenario is NFC bottom dwelling until time runs it’s course. Truly bleak but, do any of us fans have us taking the division this next year? With or without RW? I don’t. Maybe you load up on picks and younger talent (I.e., you can keep Mack).

I don’t want this to happen. Our first round picks have been lacking to say the least. I also put this as a 4-12, 5-11 team without RW. I also think we lose the allure of coming to Seattle and eventually can’t resign DK or other high profile athletes. It’s all bad.

I blame this organizations lack of faith in what’s sure to be a Hall of Fame QB. People thinking Russ has lost a step are downright delusional. There were some turnovers, chaos, and as a result....we went right back to the most boring offense possible while disregarding the exceptional talent we possessed. An offense that will get you to the first round and well, that’s about it. How much more example wise is needed to prove this point? That first half offense with that second half defense was SB bound.

I’m a Seahawks fan but, I’ll be hard pressed to show interest in the upcoming season if we let Russ go. While I won’t be taking down but Seahawks themed bar, I will likely be more enthusiastic when one key element is removed. Pete Carroll.
And I’ll definitely watch RW cook, torch, and prove once again that he’s a winner.

I'm not saying he can't do it, of course he could.

But what proof do we have the Russ can carry a team as the main cog of a Super Bowl winning team?

The few times that everything has been put on his shoulders haaven't gone well.

Doesn't mean he can't do it. Maybe there were circumstances that got in his way each time.

But this narrative that hes going to go to another team and immediately start ripping off SuperBowls is curious. Based on what?

Maybe the Russ we see (great at times, mediocre at others) is the real Russ, regardless of what team he is on.

I don’t think he’ll go into a team like Chicago and start winning SBs left and right. Being the top dog out of 32 teams is no easy task. But, given an offensive game plan similar to that of what we saw earlier on this season, I can’t help but think he’ll flourish.

Too many other factors to guarantee a SB win. But he WILL, without a doubt, turn a team that’s on the verge into a contender. Not many other players can do that...

What’s going to stop other teams from putting on game film from the last 12 games of 2020 and causing him the same troubles he had here?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
A smarter coach?

Competent offensive coaching?

Better game-planning?