A Perpetual Weakness Now A Strength?

Do the Seahawks now have one of the best OL's in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • Hmm. Read my comments

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But there's a lot of fear, fear from getting hopes up only to see them revert to (below) the mean. So we justify our fear of hoping by saying the defenses we played weren't that good.

The Rams game should have told us something. The Raiders with Mack would have told us something, too, but since we played Mack with the Bears earlier in the season, and we seem to have improved since then, maybe there's enough evidence to embrace the love, just a bit. Maybe.

mort

Reaction score
For every time I 1-Mississippi 2- Mississippi 3-Mississippi WTF ARE THEY DOING!?!.. this line I’m super impressed.

toffee

Reaction score
A few random thoughts:

When Pete didn't sign a offensive genius as OC, didn't sign proven FA linemen, I thought Pete has lost his mind.
When Pete signed Solari, I checked his long body of work. Good but no OL whisperer.
When Pete signed Schotty, I was sure that Pete did lost his mind.
When Pete signed Fluker, drafted Penny, sign/draft BLOCKING TEs, I saw some light but still puzzled at Pete's solution to our offense problems. Can a blocking TE really make that much of a difference in running game and pass protection?
When we lost the first two games, it was salt on wound. Our OL sucked, running game sucked, OC sucked, Solari didn't fix the line. Pete sucked.

Somehow Pete's solution started to work after that, Schotty suddenly became adequate, running game great, our OL ranking sky rocketed, our pass defense is #1 in the league. I am insisting on giving credit to Earl, his finger puked a volcano releasing pilot hole, everyone's playing as if there's a finger in their your know what, the anger, the hunger, almost a different team. Pay that finger.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
toffee":1u0e1tyh said:
I am insisting on giving credit to Earl, his finger puked a volcano releasing pilot hole, everyone's playing as if there's a finger in their your know what, the anger, the hunger, almost a different team. Pay that finger.

And I'm just as convinced that you got to be on some hallucinatory drugs. LOL

sc85sis

Reaction score
After week 7, FBO had the Lions in first place for adjusted sack rate. I’d say we have a pretty freaking good offensive line now.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This OL is probably the best in the league AT THIS MOMENT.

Not a homer speaking...What I honestly think right now.

THE TABS

Reaction score
It’s no longer a liability, but definitely not elite.

Since the first two games, they’ve asserted themselves in the run game nicely. In obvious passing situations, they’re getting better every week.

I’ve been saying it for the past 3 years; the line doesn’t have to be great, or even good. They just need to be ADEQUATE to give us a chance to win. In Russ I trust.

hawk45

Reaction score
I watch us run at will in anyone and pass protect just fine and it is undeniably a strength. It isn't just russ escaping, this line is a huge reason Carson can shine and that run game is a huge reason Russ has looked better IMO.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Improving but still ways to go to be the best. Having a competent OL coach makes a difference. One that doesn't juggle the OL week in week out, teaches the players to block rather dive at knees. Raiders OL from being one of the best to one of the worst...guess who is their OL coach? Not a coincidence.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Too early to put them in the "best" category but goodness they are much improved and so too then is RW's overall effectiveness/running game, etc.

Guess all those who said Cable was the root cause of so much problems were spot on.

GO HAWKS!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uq13c4sr said:
xray":uq13c4sr said:
They look a lot better then the first 2 games ; maybe above average with the starting 5 at this point ; but if even just one of those guys goes down I don't see the depth to compensate. IMO

That's literally every O-line in the league.

Hard enough to find above average starting lineman, let alone quality depth that can step in and not have a significant drop off. That's why Solari's proven that the most important person on the O-line may be the coach.
Beat me to it!

Latest posts