A Perpetual Weakness Now A Strength?

Do the Seahawks now have one of the best OL's in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • Hmm. Read my comments

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1oejb9cc said:
We've played some crap teams.. I mean really bad teams, so it's hard to say. How did we do against the Rams?
We held them to the 3rd lowest scoring so far, and almost outscored them. ;)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
No matter, I think that there is only 4 teams who we play that will or could give our OL a test.. Minn, San Deigo, Rams, and possibly Carolina.. not sure about them. Our OL should be in pretty good shape going forward here.

xray

Reaction score
They look a lot better then the first 2 games ; maybe above average with the starting 5 at this point ; but if even just one of those guys goes down I don't see the depth to compensate. IMO

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":2k4hpyum said:
They look a lot better then the first 2 games ; maybe above average with the starting 5 at this point ; but if even just one of those guys goes down I don't see the depth to compensate. IMO

That's literally every O-line in the league.

Hard enough to find above average starting lineman, let alone quality depth that can step in and not have a significant drop off. That's why Solari's proven that the most important person on the O-line may be the coach.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Like what I'm seeing but can they keep it up for the year? We're still winless in March and the O-line has always been a huge part of that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
After the way they battled the Rams (to an extremely close scoring game), I'd say that and they are in the top ten.
In just a few months time, Solari has them playing better than they had been playing for Cable over the last several years.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hmmm...
I'd say we've always had a decent line. We have now finally gotten someone to coach them correctly.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The unit ranks 1st-overall in pass-blocking efficiency through the last four weeks, according to Pro Football Focus, and the tackle duo of Duane Brown and Germain Ifedi ranks in the top five in pass blocking.

Wrap your brains around that 12's. Wow.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, wow is right.
Just goes to show you can't predict what's gonna' happen in the NFL. Nobody saw this coming. People can dismiss the Raiders and Cards thing as much as they want. The Hawks put up 190 rushing yards on the Rams.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. There is a very real and tangible improvement taking place here and nobody can tell me it has nothing to do with Cable being gone. Solari has been worth every penny since he got here.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1y5e2mo7 said:
Bobblehead":1y5e2mo7 said:
We've played some crap teams.. I mean really bad teams, so it's hard to say. How did we do against the Rams?

Better then anyone else.

This, Chris nailed it.

Our OL certainly hasn't earn the respect from DCs around the league, that might take a few more games, but we sure have gotten their attention! Therefore adjustments will be make by DCs to counter or exploit our OL, I am eager to see the outcome of that chess match. If our OL maintain their current ranking, they are totally legit and deserve respect.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think they are around average, but I do believe they answered my question when the season started,,,,,,,it was more Cables fault then theirs. I really didn't know coming in.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ynve5661 said:
I think they are around average, but I do believe they answered my question when the season started,,,,,,,it was more Cables fault then theirs. I really didn't know coming in.

I honestly think we are programmed to think they could not possibly be better than average. I call horse-puckey. Right now, to my eyes, this OL is as dominant as ANY I have seen in the NFL this season, period. I have NFL Redzone so I watch all the games every Sunday and that is an honest statement.

Sorry, but not buying the "average" line. This OL, right here and right now? They are top 5 easy.

Polk738

Reaction score
When one of your guards can pancake a guy like Suh, you do not have an average line, When you can have a 7th rounder an a 4th round cast-off both have 100 yard games you do not have an average line. When you can keep Aaron Donald from completely destroying your QB, you do not have an average line 8)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Polk738":2z827tjp said:
When one of your guards can pancake a guy like Suh, you do not have an average line, When you can have a 7th rounder an a 4th round cast-off both have 100 yard games you do not have an average line. When you can keep Aaron Donald from completely destroying your QB, you do not have an average line 8)

EXACTLY!

Why do we feel like saying average is a win for this OL? Let's give them the credit they deserve. If this OL is just "average" (as if it's a compliment) so are the Patriots. Come on folks. Climb aboard. It's okay. It really is okay to admit that your Seattle Seahawks FINALLY have an OL that is currently one of the better units in the league.

EMBRACE THE LOVE. :p

Latest posts