A more positive idea for us all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":scd0fkxt said:
It's so easy to get caught up in the successes of this team, that it almost blindsides us when things go wrong. I love this forum, because the Hawks aren't so popular where I reside...It's just nice for me to be able to talk about the Hawks amongst fans instead of feeling like an alien. Maybe that's oversharing, but I have such a soft spot for this team as a whole. I just want to see this team succeed, despite the coaching/player changes.

I get where you're coming from MH, it use to be, that if I wanted to get a bit of an uplifting, you could come here to .NET, and find a lot of like minded blokes, here, but it also drew in the "Misery Loves Company" crowd who came here with their crying towels, & pitchforks, looking for 'Feel Gooders' to rain on.
Once upon a time, they had a few really good X's & O's discussions from some pretty knowledgeable fans, but even they got overshadowed by the "I Told You So's", & decided to move on.
Accentuate The Positives. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ymk93hm said:
SoulfishHawk":1ymk93hm said:
Does everyone on here really want the same thing? Sure doesn't seem like it.

We all want a Super Bowl win. Its clear its not going to happen again under the current regime. I'm not sure why a few people still want to hang onto them at this point. If some think there could be some miraculous change, they havent been paying attention.

Who's not paying attention? A lot of us enjoy the here and now. Enjoy the regular season journey. The process of team and chemistry building. That shouldn't be all that difficult to understand.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nobody is honestly saying this is a great team. ALL of us are fully aware that the team is average at best, SO FAR.
But the rollercoaster is part of sports. Suck it up and stop kicking puppies for once. Or at least try?

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36vo313c said:
Nobody is honestly saying this is a great team. ALL of us are fully aware that the team is average at best, SO FAR.
But the rollercoaster is part of sports. Suck it up and stop kicking puppies for once. Or at least try?

No not all of us... I think this team has the potential to be a really good team above average...If Russ did not get hurt this team would be somewhere around 5-3... I said from the beginning that this team was going to get off to a slow start... it remains to be seen how good this team will be... as of this point I think they are much better than the record indicates... lets see what happens the next two games... I think they will be competitive vs GB even with Geno (although it will be much harder to win with Geno)... I think this team will go into GB healthy (for the most part) and I think its going to be a good measuring stick to where they are at this point...

and again that doesn't make me a blind optimist... it just that maybe I see things that the rest of you are not seeing...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jville":1x36qc96 said:
pittpnthrs":1x36qc96 said:
SoulfishHawk":1x36qc96 said:
Does everyone on here really want the same thing? Sure doesn't seem like it.

We all want a Super Bowl win. Its clear its not going to happen again under the current regime. I'm not sure why a few people still want to hang onto them at this point. If some think there could be some miraculous change, they havent been paying attention.

Who's not paying attention? A lot of us enjoy the here and now. Enjoy the regular season journey. The process of team and chemistry building. That shouldn't be all that difficult to understand.

So you enjoy the regular seasons and early playoff exits every single year? The constant losing in the post season is enjoyable to you? Yeah, that is difficult to understand.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't the team being inherently good or terrible that is an issue.

It is the squandering of potential.

It has been frustrating to watch this slow-motion car crash since the SB loss.

We saw a lot of this coming. So most of this is venting.

But I am not going to rip into someone for choosing to be optimistic. Hope you are right.

Still, remember, you get a HOF or once in a decade QB, maybe once in 20 years. Maybe longer. So when you fail to do much more than a team that doesn't have that? For almost 8 years of having said QB?
That is a problem.

You won't even have that option once that QB is gone.

If it makes you feel better to believe that Pete has any upside left, while I can assure you that is a pipedream, I realize the decision on whether continue to be a relevant team anymore pretty much rests in Wilson's hands.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2nrz4w9y said:

But I am not going to rip into someone for choosing to be optimistic. Hope you are right.

But remember, you get a HOF or once in a decade QB, maybe once in 20 years. Maybe longer. So when you fail to do much more than a team that doesn't have that?

Just remember you won't even have that option once that QB is gone.

If it makes you feel better to believe that Pete has any upside left, while I can assure you that is a pipedream, I realize the decision on whether continue to be a relevant team anymore pretty much rests in Wilson's hands.

I see where you are coming from... I was extremely upset at the SB pick and loss that play was stupid as hell...all that hard work for what! the rebuilding year was 2015 -2016 when they lost the great players from the D... that was hard... and i do blame Pete for losing the locker room after the SB loss although i am unsure who made the pass call Pete or Bevell?

I just think i'm seeing something you guys are not.. who knows i might be wrong but i don't think i am...It's not blind optimism i have very specific reasons why i feel the way I do and i know that i'm one of the very few that see it...

but i acknowledge your frustration and understand your wanting to vent...

LTH

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great post from the OP.

I have spent the better part of my 52 years loving this team. I have created a site I can be proud of, even with the disfunctional family element. 23 years later there's still some pretty damn awesome people that hang out here and want to commune about their favorite team.

Sure, there will always be discourse and disagreements, and yes, trolls and knuckleheads. That's life.

But the vast majority are good people and we all want the same exact thing. For the Seahawks to be successful. To win far more than they lose on gameday. We can all agree about that.

I had the honor to meet SmokinHawk this past weekend. I've enjoyed his posts over the years so to put a face to the moniker was a treat. And he underscores my feeling that most of us are good people that if we all had a beer together and not fuss about stupid online discourse and egos and crap we would all have a grand old time together.

In the end, we all want the same thing. For our beloved team to be as successful as they can be. So when they fall short of that we take it personally and there you have it.

Keep the faith 12s. We are in this together. Please be kind to each other.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":47126tqu said:
I see where you are coming from... I was extremely upset at the SB pick and loss that play was stupid as hell...all that hard work for what! the rebuilding year was 2015 -2016 when they lost the great players from the D... that was hard... and i do blame Pete for losing the locker room after the SB loss although i am unsure who made the pass call Pete or Bevell?

I just think i'm seeing something you guys are not.. who knows i might be wrong but i don't think i am...It's not blind optimism i have very specific reasons why i feel the way I do and i know that i'm one of the very few that see it...

LTH

LTH tell us again what you supposedly see that we dont. Your the biggest optimist here and i'm one of the biggest pessimists so i'll explain myself after I hear your side. You were already wrong about Geno so i'm just curious at this point.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":354uip9l said:
And that's what we all want---that magic back.
Its super fleeting, but goddamn it tastes GOOD!

Reminds me of Gladiator where Marcus Aurelius says, "“There was once a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish.”

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1v3ggzud said:

Still, remember, you get a HOF or once in a decade QB, maybe once in 20 years. Maybe longer. So when you fail to do much more than a team that doesn't have that? For almost 8 years of having said QB?
That is a problem.

You won't even have that option once that QB is gone.

So winning 1 of 2 SBs and playoffs 9/11 years is failing to do much more with a future how Qb than a team that doesn't have one? WTF are you talking about? Pete gives plenty of legit reasons to want something new, there's no need to make stuff

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":34j3z1ia said:
LTH":34j3z1ia said:

LTH

LTH tell us again what you supposedly see that we dont. Your the biggest optimist here and i'm one of the biggest pessimists so i'll explain myself after I hear your side. You were already wrong about Geno so i'm just curious at this point.

I'm not sure I was totally wrong about Geno... I was wrong in the idea that he could come off the bench and play lights out... I framed it that he has a chance to see if he could be a starting QB... I think its unrealistic to think that he could just come off the bench lights out after no preseason and little starting experience since 2014... I believe he still has a chance to be a decent QB I just think he needs to play more to see... I saw some nice play against Jacksonville he made some really nice passes into tight coverages.. He looked really good... lets see what he does against GB if Russ isn't back yet... I think, at least in my mind, the jury is still out...

I don't think you guys are seeing the improvement in the secondary and part of that is due to better D line play... but I saw better technique and tighter coverage...I 'm seeing more man coverage which tells me that Pete and Ken have more confidence in the corners... i'm seeing better mixed and disguised coverages.. but i'm seeing the improvement over the last 3 games...I do not know if they have fixed the issues completely i just see a lot of improvement... again its a measuring stick... what happens if someone gets hurt? how is the depth well we know jones can hold is own or at least has been not sure what the guy from the jets brings...i haven't seen him... we have seen 3 games of improvement lets see what happens in GB...for sure they will be tested and then they might have to make more adjustments or maybe these corners will rise to the occasion well see...

The D line is playing well IMO against Jacksonville who is a good running team they shut the run down pretty good...lots of batted balls and they put good pressure on Trevor Lawrence... ok he is not Aaron Rodgers but again its a measuring stick lets see what they do against GB I saw enough good play the last 3 games that I think they could give Rodgers a long day... we will see but I saw enough that I think they are going to compete...

got to go back to work

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Those 2 SBs were over a decade ago.

Has he done anything but made the wildcard since? Look at the playoff victories we do have.

There is reason I expect nothing from Pete in the future.

Tell me Orange, as a coach, what does Pete do well?
What does he do poorly?

Start with that.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3krralaj said:
Those 2 SBs were over a decade ago.

Has he done anything but made the wildcard since? Look at the playoff victories we do have.

There is reason I expect nothing from Pete in the future.

Tell me Orange, as a coach, what does Pete do well?
What does he do poorly?

Start with that.
Russell was a part of those. You can't pretend like they didn't happen. You can't change history to fit your preferred narrative and expect people to take it seriously.

Pete does what head coaches are paid to do better than most, win games. You can disagree with the how and wish for a flashier product, but you can't deny the wins

toffee

Reaction score
Talk about wasting once in lifetime QBs. Would you consider Drew Brees one of those? How about Aaron Rodgers? Steve Young? so on and so forth, Kenny Anderson was pretty good too, let's not talk about Marino, were their career all wasted by their head coaches? But they all have to be, how about all these HOF, once in lifetime QBs didn't win more? Bunch of Ahole coaches all failed to design systems to help these QBs win more.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":1csl6rit said:
Talk about wasting once in lifetime QBs. Would you consider Drew Brees one of those? How about Aaron Rodgers? Steve Young? so on and so forth, Kenny Anderson was pretty good too, let's not talk about Marino, were their career all wasted by their head coaches? But they all have to be, how about all these HOF, once in lifetime QBs didn't win more? Bunch of Ahole coaches all failed to design systems to help these QBs win more.

I've never adhered to the "Pete's wasting Rusell's career" narrative.

A QB that's in the top 5-10 in every statistical category year after year, has won more games than any other QB in NFL history through his first 10 years, has already won a SB and is on his way to putting on a gold jacket?

Not. Being. Wasted.

Doesn't change the fact that many fans including myself would like to see a coaching change, for various other reasons other than some crazy narrative that he's wasting Russell's career.

- Coaching hires
- stubborn allegiance to predictable outdated schemes, philosophies and playcalling
- Terrible in game clock and adjustment
- Poor drafts
- Poor trades
- Poor player development

All very real reasons to want Pete gone. Wasting Russell's career? No.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tsl1ljj said:

A QB that's in the top 5-10 in every statistical category year after year, has won more games than any other QB in NFL history through his first 10 years, has already won a SB and is on his way to putting on a gold jacket?

Not. Being. Wasted.

Doesn't change the fact that many fans including myself would like to see a coaching change, for various other reasons other than some crazy narrative that he's wasting Russell's career.

- Coaching hires
- stubborn allegiance to predictable outdated schemes, philosophies and playcalling
- Poor drafts
- Poor trades

This.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
My negativity with the Seahawks is because the direction we're going feels eerily similar to where our country is headed.

Yes, PC drafted the players that gave us our Super bowl win but what became of them? As fans we will always love them and honor what they've done but how do those players themselves feel about it?

How much credit should be given to PC for molding them into the LOB and how much was the players themselves? Based on how it played out it seems very likely it was the players that bought into each other. For whatever it's worth, PC did bring them together and his system did allow that to happen.

Pretending things are good doesn't make them good.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ftfxher said:
toffee":1ftfxher said:

Not. Being. Wasted.

- Coaching hires
- Poor drafts
- Poor trades

!00% agree.

RW is at least getting to the playoffs frequently with PC. Each of the above QBs mentioned won just 1 SB while being THE GUY.

RW has had things fairly good here but perhaps could use a better OLine and a better running game than he has at present.

Every winning team, needs at least a capable D.

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2v3fwhql said:
So you enjoy the regular seasons and early playoff exits every single year? The constant losing in the post season is enjoyable to you? Yeah, that is difficult to understand.

Yes - I do enjoy the Seahawks every year - pre season, regular season, post season and off season, win or lose.

So you enjoy complaining repeatedly with the same tired 20/20 revisionist mantra of Maddenesque Mensa fandom disappearing when the Seahawks play well only to resurface as a shark sensing the blood of an injured baby seal, returning with the same complaints verbatim on and on and on and on and on. Yeah, that is difficult to understand.

Though, I give you credit for saying something nice about Homer, Bravo! :2thumbs: