Positive season!

Rainger

Reaction score
Well for all the hand wringing about the Hawks this year, and how bad/good they were, for all the complaing about players, coaches, losses, the Hawks have the same record or better than 20 teams in the league.

Teams with the same or possibly a worse record than the Hawks will be in he playoffs.

So .netters can see the season negatively because they SHOULD have done better, or positively because they exceeded all the expectations that 90% said.

I choose to see the season as a huge victory for the team, the players, the coaches and the fans.

BASF

Reaction score
Well for all the hand wringing about the Hawks this year, and how bad/good they were, for all the complaing about players, coaches, losses, the Hawks have the same record or better than 20 teams in the league.

Teams with the same or possibly a worse record than the Hawks will be in he playoffs.

So .netters can see the season negatively because they SHOULD have done better, or positively because they exceeded all the expectations that 90% said.

I choose to see the season as a huge victory for the team, the players, the coaches and the fans.
My favorite part is how so many talk about who we should have beat when at the beginning of the season most of those people counted those games as losses. Sure, the circumstances of the season change expectations, but they never go back and look at their original thoughts before complaining.

Turtle

Reaction score

I suppose your assessment of the season is fair, they certainly exceeded expectations.

That said, I choose otherwise and quite frankly you can't blame some of the .NET community for seeing this season as a negative.

I appreciate the shit out of what this team accomplished, but it was the ultimate cock tease of a season in the Pete Carroll era.

This team has historically gotten BETTER as the season progresses.

We showed glimmers of absolute excellence mid-season on both sides of the ball. Then all of a sudden we go to Munich and our team is broken/destroyed and is a shell of its former self for the remainder of the season.

This inability to right the wrong and improve isn't characteristic of Seahawks football for the past 13 years.

I've never seen a defense look so good turn to trash overnight in Seahawks history.

For that reason alone, I do consider this year a lost season. We had a tiger by the tail and our coaching staff failed miserably.

Sorry not sorry.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I suppose your assessment of the season is fair, they certainly exceeded expectations.

That said, I choose otherwise and quite frankly you can't blame some of the .NET community for seeing this season as a negative.

I appreciate the shit out of what this team accomplished, but it was the ultimate cock tease of a season in the Pete Carroll era.

This team has historically gotten BETTER as the season progresses.

We showed glimmers of absolute excellence mid-season on both sides of the ball. Then all of a sudden we go to Munich and our team is broken/destroyed and is a shell of its former self for the remainder of the season.

This inability to right the wrong and improve isn't characteristic of Seahawks football for the past 13 years.

I've never seen a defense look so good turn to trash overnight in Seahawks history.

For that reason alone, I do consider this year a lost season. We had a tiger by the tail and our coaching staff failed miserably.

Sorry not sorry.
I noted the date of your joining, that explains your response and attitude.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I still think that much of the "mid-season collapse" was due to the rookie wall as much as anything. In particular, Cross and Lucas played every snap for the first 2/3 of the season or more. That's basically 1.5 college seasons, the most they've ever played. And they're not the only rookies that played a ton for us. I blame the coaches for that, they should have known to rest them early in the season so they could survive.

IAE, the rooks should be better next year, and the whole offense should show improvement after playing a whole season with a QB that actually bought in and played within the system. The D is more problematic, of course. Most of their problems can't be blamed on a rookie wall, the rookies there played pretty well. But the D also has that first year problem in a new system.

That is not to say that we don't need new talent on D, and I expect, like most of us, to pick up a couple of stud D-linemen this offseason, preferably in the draft. We could use more depth at other position groups as well.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Imagine discrediting someone based on how long they've been a member on .NET
Imagine discrediting a team that by all accounts over achieved, that was supposedly only going to win 5 games, that according to 90% of the population was in a rebuild and would be shit without ME3.

Imagine a person so negative that they would blame a coaching staff that took a under manned rookie team through the rough patches and got it on the cusp of making the playoffs and having as good of record as 20 teams.

So yea if the shoe fits! Sorry but not sorry.

"For that reason alone, I do consider this year a lost season. We had a tiger by the tail and our coaching staff failed miserably.

Sorry not sorry."

Turtle

Reaction score
Imagine discrediting a team that by all accounts over achieved, that was supposedly only going to win 5 games, that according to 90% of the population was in a rebuild and would be shit without ME3.

Imagine a person so negative that they would blame a coaching staff that took a under manned rookie team through the rough patches and got it on the cusp of making the playoffs and having as good of record as 20 teams.

So yea if the shoe fits! Sorry but not sorry.

"For that reason alone, I do consider this year a lost season. We had a tiger by the tail and our coaching staff failed miserably.

Sorry not sorry."
I noted the date of your joining, that explains your response and attitude.