A more positive idea for us all.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Since there's a lot of negative things about the Seahawks, how about we stop beating a dead horse on the topics that have been said over and over again (i.e. Fire PC, Trade Russ, etc)...

How about we try to analyze the positive aspects and good parts of our team/games?

I mean, surely not every player on the team sucks, and surely even if coaching sucks on any side of the spectrum, at least one or more players look good, right?

Just something that was on my mind tonight. Feel free to flame me as a glass full kinda guy if you want. Just getting a little tired of all the negative talking points being said over and over again.

As for the last game, it was so refreshing to see an onside kick returned for a touchdown. I absolutely enjoyed that, and what a nice surprise that it was Homer doing it too!

Keep your heads up, guys. We can only be so bad before we start being good again.

chris98251

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":3gu1dpbu said:
Since there's a lot of negative things about the Seahawks, how about we stop beating a dead horse on the topics that have been said over and over again (i.e. Fire PC, Trade Russ, etc)...

How about we try to analyze the positive aspects and good parts of our team/games?

I mean, surely not every player on the team sucks, and surely even if coaching sucks on any side of the spectrum, at least one or more players look good, right?

Just something that was on my mind tonight. Feel free to flame me as a glass full kinda guy if you want. Just getting a little tired of all the negative talking points being said over and over again.

As for the last game, it was so refreshing to see an onside kick returned for a touchdown. I absolutely enjoyed that, and what a nice surprise that it was Homer doing it too!

Keep your heads up, guys. We can only be so bad before we start being good again.

You really don't know us very well do you, we have seen it as bad as it can get, Trucks pulling into Anaheim, we know it can always get worse.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
chris98251":lsuk0bh9 said:
MyrtleHawk":lsuk0bh9 said:

You really don't know us very well do you, we have seen it as bad as it can get, Trucks pulling into Anaheim, we know it can always get worse.

Well, I mean yeah lol. Just trying to change the mood and give focus to the players who are shining in a shit storm.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
D secondary looking good; more active blitz packages having an impact; quick short passing game looking nice. I like that.

Let's find a better role for Penny.

That's all I got. I like your idea, though!

Elemas

Reaction score
I like the idea and appreciate you making this post. IMO, forums are the place to air it out.

When it comes down to it, we all want the same thing. We all want this team to win.

That doesn’t mean that some of these mfkers aren’t crazy though…

chris98251

Reaction score
GemCity":1pv7l9y8 said:
I like the idea and appreciate you making this post. IMO, forums are the place to air it out.

When it comes down to it, we all want the same thing. We all want this team to win.

That doesn’t mean that some of these mfkers aren’t crazy though…

Which is what many of us are saying about Pete, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is considered crazy.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is exactly how it used to be. Before the Super Bowl win.

There were frustrations, but mostly, there was hope.

After the victory, I openly pondered if it'd be the same without the relentless chase for the first chip. It just hasn't been. Sure, the events since then have been as tragic as a football result can be absent actual tragedy - I'd rather get blown out by 50 points than have that dagger through the heart that 49 was - but once the chase was over, we had firm expectations and it became decidedly harder to swallow less.

There's no mysticism to it anymore.

Football is still magical, but it just ain't the same these days, and I think that bleeds into the community and our discourse.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
And that's what we all want---that magic back.
Its super fleeting, but goddamn it tastes GOOD!

LTH

Reaction score
The truth is there are 5 teams we are competing with ... we have just as good a chance as any of those teams

Minnesota
Atlanta
49ers
Philly
Chicago

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It's so easy to get caught up in the successes of this team, that it almost blindsides us when things go wrong. I love this forum, because the Hawks aren't so popular where I reside...It's just nice for me to be able to talk about the Hawks amongst fans instead of feeling like an alien. Maybe that's oversharing, but I have such a soft spot for this team as a whole. I just want to see this team succeed, despite the coaching/player changes.

LTH

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":ouysg2k6 said:
It's so easy to get caught up in the successes of this team, that it almost blindsides us when things go wrong. I love this forum, because the Hawks aren't so popular where I reside...It's just nice for me to be able to talk about the Hawks amongst fans instead of feeling like an alien. Maybe that's oversharing, but I have such a soft spot for this team as a whole. I just want to see this team succeed, despite the coaching/player changes.

Thats good man Glad to have ya!! good football dialog is always welcome!

LTH

Jville

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":21jacmp9 said:
chris98251":21jacmp9 said:
MyrtleHawk":21jacmp9 said:

Well, I mean yeah lol. Just trying to change the mood and give focus to the players who are shining in a $h!t storm.

The team strives to keep perspectives positive by ignoring the noise and focusing on the tasks at hand.

This forum has little focus on current events. It's all over the place. Many here can't focus on the regular season process of team building any better than they were able to focus on the preseason. Some turn to sports programs and stat sites for directions as to what to think.

You tell me why. Concern over post season bragging rights? Pecking order status? :229031_shrug:

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":zd4hc4zn said:

I think the forum structure exacerbates this. The structure of other forums where subjects are forced into one huge everlasting thread help alleviate this syndrome, but I can't stand that structure. If you've been away from the site for more than a couple days, you have to wade through so much to get current. It might be nice in times like these to combine all the fire Pete stuff, for example, into one thread that everyone can argue in. I think it helps de-escalate things a bit. Seeing thread after thread of any topic whether you agree or not, gets irritating for sure

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Russ had his pin removed from his finger. Thats a positive.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, this is dot negative. One of the few places where some people actually seem bummed that they won the game. Or they feel the need to downplay it. Every time they win. Because that never gets old :irishdrinkers:
If the Rams or Cards won 31-7, this board would be full of people bowing to the greatness of those teams.

Elemas

Reaction score
Frustrations coupled with the disagreements between varying “convictions”. I get John level frustrated when a “Trade Russ” post pops up but, it’s probably wise to skip those posts or be kind in the debate.

Sans the trolls, everyone here wants the same thing. That alone, is reason enough to be courteous and kind to one another. Even the crazies.

Need to take my own advice…..truly thankful for having this forum and each of you in it.

Elemas

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":334e2gio said:
This is exactly how it used to be. Before the Super Bowl win.

There were frustrations, but mostly, there was hope.

After the victory, I openly pondered if it'd be the same without the relentless chase for the first chip. It just hasn't been. Sure, the events since then have been as tragic as a football result can be absent actual tragedy - I'd rather get blown out by 50 points than have that dagger through the heart that 49 was - but once the chase was over, we had firm expectations and it became decidedly harder to swallow less.

There's no mysticism to it anymore.

Football is still magical, but it just ain't the same these days, and I think that bleeds into the community and our discourse.

Spot on!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jfcoweh said:
Does everyone on here really want the same thing? Sure doesn't seem like it.

We all want a Super Bowl win. Its clear its not going to happen again under the current regime. I'm not sure why a few people still want to hang onto them at this point. If some think there could be some miraculous change, they havent been paying attention.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2d0d1yui said:
After the victory, I openly pondered if it'd be the same without the relentless chase for the first chip.

I think a lot of us sensed that and it has come to be; it is different for different individuals but there are definitely some people who don't seem to enjoy anything unless it's a blow another team out every game season that ends in a Super Bowl win. I get the sky high hopes and expectations, but if you can't find any fun people are really doing it wrong and I really don't understand why they're watching. Actually winning a Super Bowl really changed things for a lot of people.

Once I personally got over the shock of them winning a Super Bowl (I basically just gave up on it as a real possibility after the before times) I think I'm just generally more settled. They tend to be competitive both in games and seasons, and that's something a lot of fans don't have for many years. It's been a fun time to watch since the Holmgren/Hasselbeck team got ramped up. You always want to win the big game, but there's a lot of stuff going on every game, every season that makes it enjoyable if you let it (DK running down Baker like he was a small child? Never going to forget that).

I hear and read some fans basically just wishing away seasons (maybe after this goes bad, Carroll will finally get fired, etc.). I've seen some people do it on the order of five years now, and that just seems like a lot of time to waste if you're just bitter about Carroll and waiting for it to change and can't enjoy it at all.