A little stroll through the niners threads?

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
This is from the comments to an article on ninersnation.com:

Furthermore, the 49ers won’t have to play in that stadium again. There is a reason why the Seahawks are undefeated at home. It’s the biggest and most unfair home field advantage in the NFL.

First of all - is he SURE they won't play there again this year?

Another chimes in:

you could fill it with Jags fans and it will still be the loudest

As they discuss the fact that its the stadium design, not the fans causing the advantage.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3p0fjkih said:

Furthermore, the 49ers won’t have to play in that stadium again. There is a reason why the Seahawks are undefeated at home. It’s the biggest and most unfair home field advantage in the NFL.

Another chimes in:

As they discuss the fact that its the stadium design, not the fans causing the advantage.

Wouldn't domes be even louder then?

Axx

Reaction score
488003_515519121856384_885003362_n.jpg

PNWJoshua

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1jpp9v16 said:
I read through the 9ers forums a couple times before pregame, and after.

The one thing that really pissed me off is the wishing physical harm. I read one where they hoped Wilson would suffer a career ending injury. Another saying that he wished Carroll would choke on his gum and die.

I hate the 9ers, I really do.. but I will never wish injury or serious harm on any of them. I hope they get beat up, sure. Yeah, I think Harbaugh has a punch-able face, I'd be ok with Cam Chancellor hitting Kaep so hard he loses a tooth - but never anything like that.

It's not cool to joke about people dying or their careers ending. Ever.

Welcome to the Internet...

Axx

Reaction score
9ers crying about "Seattle can only win at home" but by their only logic the same is true about the 9ers. They suck on the road because everytime they come here they get punched by richard sherman in the mouth

cesame

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3klywzqp said:

Another chimes in:

Actually the stadium is designed in a way that makes it louder. That's a fact.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
cesame":2mm3t93g said:
CaptainSkybeard":2mm3t93g said:

Another chimes in:

Sure. But you really think you think if we teleported, say, the panthers and their fans into our place they would be anything like that? Where's your pride? Have you never been to an away game? The stadium design helps but is not even 20% of it. ANY DOME should be better designed for sound than any outdoor stadium, even ours.

With the exception of the Atlanta playoff game, every road game I've been to has been filled with people passively sitting back in their chairs sipping a beer acting like they were watching a lively round of golf. I saw panthers fans complaining to the stadium staff because some of their real fans wouldn't sit down. I could carry a conversation with the person next to me without raising my voice at all.

They would get a little loud on third downs... Because the board told them to... But only when we came to the line.. Not in the huddle.

Do you see now? It's more than just being loud, its being FREAKIshly loud, all night, and at the right times.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3638catj said:
cesame":3638catj said:
CaptainSkybeard":3638catj said:

Another chimes in:

Sure. But you really think you think if we teleported, say, the panthers and their fans into our place they would be anything like that? Where's your pride? Have you never been to an away game? The stadium design helps but is not even 20% of it. ANY DOME should be better designed for sound than any outdoor stadium, even ours.

With the exception of the Atlanta playoff game, every road game I've been to has been filled with people passively sitting back in their chairs sipping a beer acting like they were watching a lively round of golf. I saw panthers fans complaining to the stadium staff because some of their real fans wouldn't sit down. I could carry a conversation with the person next to me without raising my voice at all.

They would get a little loud on third downs... Because the board told them to... But only when we came to the line.. Not in the huddle.

Do you see now? It's more than just being loud, its being FREAKIshly loud, all night, and at the right times.

:bow:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
cesame":fstw9zsz said:
CaptainSkybeard":fstw9zsz said:

Another chimes in:

Lol. I love little comments like this. It's always the design. The artificial noise. Yet we are louder than domes.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
-The Glove-":27ikqaad said:
Lol. I love little comments like this. It's always the design. The artificial noise. Yet we are louder than domes.

And there have been stadiums built since Century Link and they didn't build an advantage like that into their stadiums? Think the 49ers will have it built into their new one? No? That's their bad.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
cesame":2rky5cvi said:

I don't doubt the legitimacy in the statement, but then wouldn't it make sense to completely cover the stadium and make it a dome so no noise escapes and just reflects or whatever that they're claiming to make our stadium louder?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2l83uij0 said:
cesame":2l83uij0 said:

I don't doubt the legitimacy in the statement, but then wouldn't it make sense to completely cover the stadium and make it a dome so no noise escapes and just reflects or whatever that they're claiming to make our stadium louder?

I dunno... If we had done that, we may have players, including our own, actually passing out from possible brain damage on the field from DB damage! Not good!

:D

Laloosh

Reaction score
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think we get off to a rough start, but we get back into rhythm, and will be ready for St. Louis, this game is all about getting a groove going, it doesn't have to be pretty, and all the attention to be on Seattle, and away from us finally.

Last week they were the class of the division and Seattle was still just the upstart trying to be like them. This week it's about being the underdog and slipping beneath the radar?

Seattle plays Jacksonville, I have a feeling the media will be more curious to see whether or not San Francisco lays another turd.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I read enough of it last year. They are ridiculous. Stuff that sore losers repeat enough that they believe it. It has been going on for years. When they are winning it is different.

Always the same crap.

Wish for injuries.
Holding every play, only Seattle does it.
The Hawks cheap shot for injury.
The refs against the Niners.
The stadium pumps noise in.
The Hawks are good because of PEDS.
The announcers are jealous of SF.
They are missing players.

Same ol Sorry Ass Niner Fans.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkFan72":18ba35cz said:
-The Glove-":18ba35cz said:

And there have been stadiums built since Century Link and they didn't build an advantage like that into their stadiums? Think the 49ers will have it built into their new one? No? That's their bad.
that's what I'm saying...not our faults your owners weren't smart enough to build a stadium that benefited the team and the fans in that way. Also what these idiots don't realize is that Seattle fans have always been extremely loud sports fanatics. Kingdome, Husky Stadium, Key Arena and now the Clink

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1vyhk7cz said:
HawkFan72":1vyhk7cz said:
-The Glove-":1vyhk7cz said:

that's what I'm saying...not our faults your owners weren't smart enough to build a stadium that benefited the team and the fans in that way. Also what these idiots don't realize is that Seattle fans have always been extremely loud sports fanatics. Kingdome, Husky Stadium, Key Arena and now the Clink

One of the biggest concerns I had when I found out it was an outdoor stadium was that our noise would be hindered. For you younger fans, you had to experience the 80s in the dome. It was soooooo loud then. I wouldn't change the stadium back for anything now.

The opposition should know better than to question the validity of the crowd though. Niner fans and their local radio say it every year. They claim noise is pumped in and the fans just get crazier for it. After all the accusations, the NFL has certainly been all over it. If there was an issue, they would have found it.

Anyone NOT building their stadium for crowd noise is making a huge mistake. Of course, you have to have fans that will make it. I have been to Arrowhead and they are a lot like us. If they had the Clink they would give us a challenge. What cracks me up is just a few clicks away is the Rams. Indoor stadium and all I have been there 3 times. They don't even touch the crowd noise in KC. They have little to no affect in the games I saw.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1erhzl8f said:
-The Glove-":1erhzl8f said:
HawkFan72":1erhzl8f said:
-The Glove-":1erhzl8f said:

One of the biggest concerns I had when I found out it was an outdoor stadium was that our noise would be hindered. For you younger fans, you had to experience the 80s in the dome. It was soooooo loud then. I wouldn't change the stadium back for anything now.

The opposition should know better than to question the validity of the crowd though. Niner fans and their local radio say it every year. They claim noise is pumped in and the fans just get crazier for it. After all the accusations, the NFL has certainly been all over it. If there was an issue, they would have found it.

Anyone NOT building their stadium for crowd noise is making a huge mistake. Of course, you have to have fans that will make it. I have been to Arrowhead and they are a lot like us. If they had the Clink they would give us a challenge. What cracks me up is just a few clicks away is the Rams. Indoor stadium and all I have been there 3 times. They don't even touch the crowd noise in KC. They have little to no affect in the games I saw.
I hated whenever we had to play in Arrowhead in those old AFC days. That place was crazy. I respect the hell out of their fans