Can the Seahawks compete with the Niners?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I think that's pretty accurate. I would have ranked Dallas up there with the Eagles and Niners, but not after what we saw last Sunday. They're 2nd tier along with the Lions and Hawks.
Why does everyone have the Cowboys ranked so high? I just don’t see it. They belong in the third tier with the Rams and Bucs.

They got destroyed by the Cardinals. Barely squeaked by the Chargers.

They are likely an 8 win team, given their schedule.

If they squeak into the playoffs, they will be one and done.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Why does everyone have the Cowboys ranked so high? I just don’t see it. They belong in the third tier with the Rams and Bucs.

Yeah, and the Niners lost to the Browns, who aren't a helluva lot better than the Cards, but they're still at the top of most everyone's power ranking. Even the best teams have their bad game. How else can you explain the Eagles losing to the lowly Jets last Sunday?

Most power rankings have the Cowboys in the top 10, so you're in the minority by labeling them as a 3rd tier, sub .500 team. And I'll qualify that "squeaked by" label by noting that they gave up a fluke turnover in the 4th quarter that led to the Chargers being able to keep the game as close as it was.

After this week's results, I have the NFC like this: 1. Niners. 2. Lions. 3. Eagles. 4. Cowboys. 5. Rams. 6. Seahawks. 7. Commanders. 8. Saints 9. Packers. 10. Bucs. 11. Vikings. 12. Falcons. 13. Giants 14. Cards. 15. Panthers. 16. Bears.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's just not true, River. Cleveland is a damn good team. They also have the #1 defense in football. They are much better than the Cards. They're 3-2, plus they just beat the Niners with a backup QB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's just not true, River. Cleveland is a damn good team. They also have the #1 defense in football. They are much better than the Cards. They're 3-2, plus they just beat the Niners with a backup QB.
I'll agree that I probably underestimated the Browns but calling them a 'damn good team' is stretching it as well. They lost to the Texans and Steelers. They're 2nd tier at best.

Besides, they're still the Cleveland Browns.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's not just me, it's been talked about on many sports shows. That team is on the rise.
They just beat the 49ers, WITH A BACKUP. They have the #1 defense in football. They're a threat to knock teams off. Fortunately, the Hawks defense is really starting to lock in.

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
Came to post this.

Have you guys not watched the 49ers in the Kyle era?

Kyle injures his starting QB every year.

He also overworks his lead back, and he usually ends up injured as well.

CMC, is an incredible athlete, but he is not built like Earl Campbell, dude is gonna wear down or get injured (see his injury history.) at the rate they are using him.

The 9ers peaked early.
Right again...

Kyle injured Purdy on a run up the gut. Got his skull cracked.

CMC avg. 3 yards a carry the last 3 games. Looks wore out, also injured.

Not a profit, folks. I just know football.

Kyle is the most overrated HC in football. Helluva OC, though.

toffee

Reaction score
Came to post this.

Have you guys not watched the 49ers in the Kyle era?

Kyle injures his starting QB every year.

He also overworks his lead back, and he usually ends up injured as well.

CMC, is an incredible athlete, but he is not built like Earl Campbell, dude is gonna wear down or get injured (see his injury history.) at the rate they are using him.

The 9ers peaked early.
theoretically, it could also be a season with three stages: peak early, mid slum, late charge? 9ers are a more matured team than the Hawks, we are still finding our ways, we in 2 step forward 1 step back stage?

olyfan63

Reaction score
So the Vikings just gave the Hawks the blueprint for beating the 49ers...
Ya gotta pick off Purdy a couple times, including on their would-be go-ahead drive, and get a little lucky or good with your offense to where you get points on nearly every drive. Also, ya gotta have a rookie WR (Addison) go off on them, and get a little lucky like with that TD just before half where Addison stole the ball from the Niners DB and took it to the house.

Honestly, I'm still not sure how the Vikes beat them, it felt like smoke and mirrors, and that the 49ers had superior personnel and were one possession away from taking over the game and leaving the Vikes hung out to dry. Kirk Cousins got sacked ZERO times despite being under pressure the whole game. The Vikes D got just enough key stops.

The Seahawks would need their version of this game to beat the 49ers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
@ my replies above...

BahhahahHHa.

CMC, leading the league in touches? Injured?!

You cannot give a scatback--workhorse touches, there are consequences for such foolishness.

Purdy is next.

Like I keep trying to tell you guys, Kyle never learns.
This is one you called and I was waiting for it to happen in spades.

sutz

Reaction score
Ya gotta pick off Purdy a couple times, including on their would-be go-ahead drive, and get a little lucky or good with your offense to where you get points on nearly every drive. Also, ya gotta have a rookie WR (Addison) go off on them, and get a little lucky like with that TD just before half where Addison stole the ball from the Niners DB and took it to the house.

Honestly, I'm still not sure how the Vikes beat them, it felt like smoke and mirrors, and that the 49ers had superior personnel and were one possession away from taking over the game and leaving the Vikes hung out to dry. Kirk Cousins got sacked ZERO times despite being under pressure the whole game. The Vikes D got just enough key stops.

Sounds like Seahawks football. :)

morgulon1

Reaction score

They're the Dallas Cowboys. All the experts pick to win the Owl every season. I don't know why , maybe plastic surgery disaster Jerruh Jones pays them to pump the cowboys !

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Kyle is the most overrated HC in football.

I agree. I think the mediot adulation of McVay goes too far, but not as much as that of Little Shanny in the Big Hat.

Helluva OC, though.

Not when his team is behind, nor when his team is up 28-3 in a big game and a couple of first downs or any kind of score can put it completely out of reach for the other team.

He's certainly good at keeping up the family tradition of wrecking QBs, though.

Jac

Reaction score

What's the Cleveland blueprint for beating San Francisco? Hold Purdy to a worse-than-pedestrian 12/27 125-yard stat line? Force their yippy field goal kicker to actually kick field goals? Pass against their mediocre pass rush? Wait for their top-heavy roster to naturally attrit to injury?

Fade

Reaction score
Good thing they signed Kyle to an extension... Hahahahahaha.

"Purdy is the real deal." -Kyle Shanahan.

I call him Purdy G, myself.

Latest posts