R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":18ny279o said:
Cartire":18ny279o said:
Lords of Scythia":18ny279o said:
MontanaHawk05":18ny279o said:
Cowboys are #5 seed.
If the Cowboys lose tonight they'll have the same record as the Seahawks and the tiebreaker comes into play.

but not head to head. Any 3-way or more tie removes head to head tie breakers.

According to what I'm reading on the NFL website, head-to-head tie breakers apply in every situation.

The difference with three or more clubs is that a division with two or more representatives in the tie (in this case, the NFC West with SEA and SF) would just need to eliminate one of those teams first. After that, the steps are identical to a two-club tiebreaker, including head-to-head.

So Dallas would win that and retain #5 seed even if they lose tonight; I was wrong on that much.
Dallas wouldn't get the #5 seed since they don't play the Lions, the Seahawks would be the #5. Head-to-head in a 3-way tiebreaker is only applicable if one team beat the other 2 or if one of the 3 lost to the other two, which is not the case here.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RunTheBall":sy8b8nr3 said:
MontanaHawk05":sy8b8nr3 said:
Cartire":sy8b8nr3 said:
Lords of Scythia":sy8b8nr3 said:
[
If the Cowboys lose tonight they'll have the same record as the Seahawks and the tiebreaker comes into play.

but not head to head. Any 3-way or more tie removes head to head tie breakers.

According to what I'm reading on the NFL website, head-to-head tie breakers apply in every situation.

The difference with three or more clubs is that a division with two or more representatives in the tie (in this case, the NFC West with SEA and SF) would just need to eliminate one of those teams first. After that, the steps are identical to a two-club tiebreaker, including head-to-head.

So Dallas would win that and retain #5 seed even if they lose tonight; I was wrong on that much.
Dallas wouldn't get the #5 seed since they don't play the Lions, the Seahawks would be the #5. Head-to-head in a 3-way tiebreaker is only applicable if one team beat the other 2 or if one of the 3 lost to the other two, which is not the case here.

I haven't read that anywhere here...

NFL website":sy8b8nr3 said:
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

*Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
*Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
*Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
*Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
*Strength of victory.
*Strength of schedule.
*Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
*Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
*Best net points in conference games.
*Best net points in all games.
*Best net touchdowns in all games.
*Coin toss

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

jake206

Reaction score
At this point, who cares about seeding. Just get in the playoffs. Hawks are behind the eight ball. Gotta sink them all in and let the chips fall.

Cartire

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ufscqrum said:

NFL website":ufscqrum said:
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

*Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
*Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
*Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
*Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
*Strength of victory.
*Strength of schedule.
*Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
*Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
*Best net points in conference games.
*Best net points in all games.
*Best net touchdowns in all games.
*Coin toss

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

A head-to-head sweep is not the same as head-to-head

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":dfrre5c9 said:

Maybe you are blind then?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RunTheBall":pzyifogz said:
MontanaHawk05":pzyifogz said:

Maybe you are blind then?

Nah, just glossed right over it. :D

Thanks.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawks missed the playoff one year in a three way tie where they had beat the Oilers, and the Oilers had swept the Steelers, but some how the Seahawks were left out. It scarred my lil hairless body's psyche.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GCrow":13edu9dc said:
I don't think the Lions win another game, so who cares about them.

ya right...you really believe the Bears are going to beat the Lions next Sunday? I don't. Not with that depleted Bears secondary.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Why bother, win all games here on out and we are in period. Don't let out fate hang against any other team winning or losing. We control out own destiny, just win baby, win.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seahawks08":2l0eca03 said:
Why bother, win all games here on out and we are in period. Don't let out fate hang against any other team winning or losing. We control out own destiny, just win baby, win.

Win the rest the of the games..control your own destiny. Seahawks still could win the divison and not worry about the wildcard.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Finish
12-4 = Likely Division Champion, Lock for Wild Card
11-5 = Possible Division Champion, Lock for Wild Card
10-6 = Possible Wild Card
9-7= Out of playoffs

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2b7yewac said:
GCrow":2b7yewac said:
I don't think the Lions win another game, so who cares about them.

ya right...you really believe the Bears are going to beat the Lions next Sunday? I don't. Not with that depleted Bears secondary.
It's Thanksgiving morning not Sunday, but yeah, don't like Shitcago's chances. None the less, Detroit appears to be in the middle of their late season collapse.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Not sure what's so hard about this Detroit has only 1 common game with us (Arizona), so they get through on their SOV, which is just barely higher than Seattle's and will be lower than Seattle's at seasons end.

Even if Dallas loses, you apply wild card tie breaker scenarios in which head to head (Dallas) would prevail.

Seattle would not be in the playoffs if they started today, thankfully they don't start today.

2mhg76g

Cartire

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":fk0h7k3d said:
Not sure what's so hard about this Detroit has only 1 common game with us (Arizona), so they get through by on their SOV which is just barely higher than Seattles and will be lower at seasons end.

Even if Dallas loses, you apply wild card tie breaker scenarios in which head to head (Dallas) would prevail.

Seattle would not be in the playoffs if they started today, thankfully they don't start today.

2mhg76g

I dont know what so hard about this. If Dallas loses, this becomes a three-way tie and head-to-head is thrown out the window. Head-to-head sweep is all that applies and thats not applicable because all 3 teams didnt play each other.

ANNDDD, actually it becomes a 4-way tie, and now we just get to be silly by skipping a ton of scenerios. Head-2-head doesnt count when there is more then 2 teams. This is a known.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1gr5tfhv said:
Not sure what's so hard about this Detroit has only 1 common game with us (Arizona), so they get through by on their SOV which is just barely higher than Seattles and will be lower at seasons end.

2mhg76g
LOL, someone posting the incorrect ESPN rankings? And we only have 1 common game? We actually have 4 (5 because Arizona X2 and GB X2 for Det)

Here are our common games with Det
-Carolina (Seattle Won, Det Lost)
-GB (Seattle Won, Det Won, Det ?)
-NYG (Seattle Won, Det Won)
-Arizona (Seattle Won, Seattle ?, Det Lost)

Seattle finishes common games at worst 4-1 (currently 4-0), Det finishes common games at best 3-2 (currently 2-2)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":zwovumqq said:
Not sure what's so hard about this Detroit has only 1 common game with us (Arizona), so they get through on their SOV, which is just barely higher than Seattle's and will be lower than Seattle's at seasons end.

Detroit has four common games with us. Arizona, New York, Carolina, and Green Bay. We won all four.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cartire":1j65en4z said:
NFSeahawks628":1j65en4z said:

2mhg76g

I dont know what so hard about this. If Dallas loses, this becomes a three-way tie and head-to-head is thrown out the window. Head-to-head sweep is all that applies and thats not applicable because all 3 teams didnt play each other.

ANNDDD, actually it becomes a 4-way tie, and now we just get to be silly by skipping a ton of scenerios. Head-2-head doesnt count when there is more then 2 teams. This is a known.

Yea I missed the three-team tie breaker.

Detroit would get the #5 seed based on SOV and Seattle would be #6 seed with a higher SOV than Dallas.

San Francisco is dismissed once division tie-breakers are applied (Seattle).

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe that the two WC teams will come from the NFC West. So SF, SEA, and Cards will all make the playoffs. It's just a matter of who will win the division. I think Philly will slide out now that Dirty Sanchez is at the helm. Dallas will win that division. GB will win the North. Detroit is not at hot as they were a few weeks back. They are on a freefall. The strongest teams are in the NFC West and it's not even close. Heck I think the Rams could beat the Lions, Eagles, and the Cowboys right now.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3ujhae2a said:
Cartire":3ujhae2a said:
NFSeahawks628":3ujhae2a said:

2mhg76g

Yea I missed the three-team tie breaker.

Detroit would get the #5 seed based on SOV and Seattle would be #6 seed with a higher SOV than Dallas.

San Francisco is dismissed once division tie-breakers are applied (Seattle).
You are still wrong, Detroit would not get the #5 seed over us, as I just said we beat them in common games.

If Dallas Wins
#5 Dallas
#6 Seattle
#7 Detroit
#8 SF

If Dallas Loses
#5 Seattle
#6 Detroit
#7 Dallas
#8 SF

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Apparently I can't read or view entire schedules cause don't know how... lol

....Jes... So basically we then have to add Dallas to the common team tie breaker and they only have three unique games with us and Detroit.

SO THEN, we go to SOV which puts Detroit at #5 and Seattle at #6.

We would only be #5 in the scenario of Detroit and Seattle being tied.

Basically.... we shouldn't worry about any of this right now, because it hurts my head, LMAO.

Latest posts