49ers sux

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3pn101mg said:
Incorrect.

That picks you are referring to involved Brent Jones final contract with the team that freed up space to be able to sign...

...wait for it...

Jim Druckenmiller.

That was LONG after '94.

Well, I thought it was for '94 shenanigans, but I can't find proof of it. So be it. However, let's be real, deferring a bunch of salary payments until SIX YEARS LATER after the then-current salary cap contract expires after 1999 is realistically cheating, even if it was technically not an illegal loophole at the time.

I mean, if I drive 160 miles per hour through a school zone that legally through some loophole didn't have a speed limit...Come on, you know what I'm sayin'. :) Not to mention, there's a good chance what they did get docked picks for was the cheating that was a result of what they did in 1994, since they were screwing the franchise's cap six ways from Sunday for one last hoorah.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/01/08/magaz ... gewanted=1
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/NFL- ... 308679.php

In any case, yes, it looks like they were not docked picks for what was done in 1994. The salary cap sure killed the 49ers dynasty, though. :) If only baseball would follow suit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":js6sca4o said:
Marvin49":js6sca4o said:
Incorrect.

That picks you are referring to involved Brent Jones final contract with the team that freed up space to be able to sign...

...wait for it...

Jim Druckenmiller.

That was LONG after '94.

Well, I thought it was for '94 shenanigans, but I can't find proof of it. So be it. However, let's be real, deferring a bunch of salary payments until SIX YEARS LATER after the then-current salary cap contract expires after 1999 is realistically cheating, even if it was technically not an illegal loophole at the time.

I mean, if I drive 160 miles per hour through a school zone that legally through some loophole didn't have a speed limit...Come on, you know what I'm sayin'. :) Not to mention, there's a good chance what they did get docked picks for was the cheating that was a result of what they did in 1994, since they were screwing the franchise's cap six ways from Sunday for one last hoorah.

In any case, yes, it looks like they were not docked picks for what was done in 1994. The salary cap sure killed the 49ers dynasty, though. :) If only baseball would follow suit.

Its debatable and the cap slowed them down, but they were good for another 5 or 6 years after the cap took effect.

To me, the franchise crashed the day Walsh appointed Terry Donahue as the GM. OMG was he awful. Bad drafts, horrible free agents, got Mooch fired (HUGE mistake). God I hate that guy.

He also got them in WORSE cap trouble.

It wasn't until John York fired him and got Nolan and McGloughan that things STARTED to turn around. Nolan was out of his depth and Sing was worse, but McGloughan knew how to build a team.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1iltmgiy said:
Marvin49":1iltmgiy said:
Incorrect.

...wait for it...

Jim Druckenmiller.

That was LONG after '94.

Marvin has a very pointed, biased view of the 49ers cheating the salary cap. So he'll never admit they only won one with Steve Young because they cheated the cap to sign a bunch of guys in their secondary so they could finally get past the Cowgirls.

You were thinking of the Elway Broncos losing picks because of horse-face taking an illegal contract under the table to cheat the cap (and finally win something).

The 49ers cheated the cap by signing a bunch of defensive players including Deion Sanders and Ken Norton Jr to some very questionable contracts. The Saints got pissed off because Sanders turned down a larger contract from the Saints to play in SF for what was essentially a wink-wink-nod-nod $1 contract. The NFL couldn't do anything because they never could prove that guys were paid under the table, but Jerrah Jones and Tom Benson never forgave or forgot, and they pushed for DeBartolo's ouster a few years later when DeBartolo got busted for paying off politicians in the South (with many people at the time saying Benson was a big reason DeBartolo got caught).

The simple fact is that the 49ers history is a goddam joke outside of the 1980's DeBartolo run. Those of us who were around in the 1970's to attend games remember the "senior citizen carnival" atmosphere of 49ers game - empty seats, stale popcorn, kids showing up with free tickets that were handed out at schools. They were nearly identical to the Mariners of the 1980's. Just a terrible terrible joke of a franchise. Kind of like now.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I was wondering about Hunter. How is he doing and is he gonna play for yall this year? He did look good in the playoff with us.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":fuzedtze said:
I was wondering about Hunter. How is he doing and is he gonna play for yall this year? He did look good in the playoff with us.

?

Kendall Hunter?

He tore his ACL on the first day of camp.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":66wa20no said:
Largent80":66wa20no said:

Man, I really needed this. Thank you, Largent.

Got a big ol' nerdy belly laugh and it felt great. On a rough day full of rough news, this little bit of lighthearted humor just slapped me out of the downward spiral of negativity. THANKS! :D
I would love to have that shirt..Hilarious

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":1htm514y said:
Tech Worlds":1htm514y said:
RolandDeschain":1htm514y said:
ringless":1htm514y said:
I hate the 49ers,
the way they use their 5 rings as an excuse like it counts for something today.... How many of those super bowls were won after the Salary Cap started in 1994 creating a fair playing field for all teams... The answer is one.. And it was 1994 when that team had an already inherited stellar team from the uncapped years...
Don't forget that the '94 squad got busted by the NFL for violating salary cap rules and were docked draft picks for it. So, really, zero.

But the Hawks are the cheaters.

Well....

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport · 6m
Seahawks & Pete Carroll collectively fined by than $300,000 by NFL for violation of off-season non-contact rules, per sources.

I keed, I keed. :D

Seahawks fined 300,000 for hitting each other, 49ers blown out of preseason for not hitting anyone.

Which would you want? I keed I keed :)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":3dgap2yy said:
Tech Worlds":3dgap2yy said:
RolandDeschain":3dgap2yy said:
ringless":3dgap2yy said:
I hate the 49ers,
the way they use their 5 rings as an excuse like it counts for something today.... How many of those super bowls were won after the Salary Cap started in 1994 creating a fair playing field for all teams... The answer is one.. And it was 1994 when that team had an already inherited stellar team from the uncapped years...
Don't forget that the '94 squad got busted by the NFL for violating salary cap rules and were docked draft picks for it. So, really, zero.

Well....

Seahawks & Pete Carroll collectively fined by than $300,000 by NFL for violation of off-season non-contact rules, per sources.

You really believe that's cheating? Too much contact at a practice? Really?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":20l8hzog said:
Marvin49":20l8hzog said:
Tech Worlds":20l8hzog said:
I hate the 49ers,

Well....

Seahawks fined 300,000 for hitting each other, 49ers blown out of preseason for not hitting anyone.

Which would you want? I keed I keed :)
Excellent point! :th2thumbs:

RichNhansom

Reaction score

Which would you want? I keed I keed :)[/quote]

Hitting in practice, $300,000.

Niners not hitting anyone whole getting smacked around like Bitches? Priceless.

The webzone right now is all, mommy mommy, the Seahawks are cheating. Their playing to rough. Make email stop mommy.

The super bowl era Niners fans would be embarrassed bitchy whiny whimsy way their current fans act. No clue about real football obviously. If you equate practicing to hard with cheating, you might be a bitch.

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2pila616 said:
Marvin49":2pila616 said:
Tech Worlds":2pila616 said:
RolandDeschain":2pila616 said:

Well....

You really believe that's cheating? Too much contact at a practice? Really?

You did see the part where I was kidding, right?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The webzone has three pages of calling us cheaters for it. Three pages and still running from page 186 of the dethrone thread.

I think its hilarious and makes them look pathetically desperate for something to bitch about. Imagine if any of our players pulled anything like Aldon or Fully or if Paul Allen were even suspected of something dirty or if we actually lost draft picks for something? How do you think they would be reacting?

A Seahawks fan said they were being dumb and their posters were asking for him to be banned.

I think thier ovaries are getting a little sensitive over there.

It's pure comic relief.

Cell phone typing so please forgive spelling.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Read that thread too. It's the regular mix of people jumping to insane conclusions over a small story, cracking jokes about the Hawks, a Hawks fan under an unclear username defending the team, and a poster or two per page popping in and saying "no big deal."

Really no different than most of the 9ers threads here, IMO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3kz37pi3 said:
^^^^ Read that thread too. It's the regular mix of people jumping to insane conclusions over a small story, cracking jokes about the Hawks, a Hawks fan under an unclear username defending the team, and a poster or two per page popping in and saying "no big deal."

This.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":cy0j4wbz said:
Popeyejones":cy0j4wbz said:

There is one huge difference...

Hardly any of our posters whine and bitch to the mods and say "BAN MARVIN FOR DEFENDING HIS TEAM!"

Just saying...
Naw, we just ask him to spin for us. :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2rmh4lxu said:
Popeyejones":2rmh4lxu said:

Hardly any of our posters whine and bitch to the mods and say "BAN MARVIN FOR DEFENDING HIS TEAM!"

Just saying...

It does happen though. Usually shot down pretty quick by a mod, but there are those who have asked to have me banned. :)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ixllm0c said:
The_Z_Man":2ixllm0c said:
Popeyejones":2ixllm0c said:

Just saying...

It does happen though. Usually shot down pretty quick by a mod, but there are those who have asked to have me banned. :)

You can't deny that you have much more freedom to speak your mind here than Seahawks fans do there. Much easier to be right all the time when the opposition isn't even allowed to open their mouth.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
LOL. Look at what the niner fan is eyeing on that tshirt. Probably thinks homo erectus has a banana stored in there huh? Thanks for the chuckle Largent.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Bitter":22chg1ak said:
Marvin49":22chg1ak said:
The_Z_Man":22chg1ak said:
Popeyejones":22chg1ak said:

Just saying...

You can't deny that you have much more freedom to speak your mind here than Seahawks fans do there. Much easier to be right all the time when the opposition isn't even allowed to open their mouth.

Probably true, but as a vet of that forum I can say that there are probably ALOT more trolls (due to a larger population in general) so the Mods have an ichy trigger finger even when it comes to good posters of other teams.

Latest posts