49ers remaining schedule

94Smith

Reaction score
I dont think it is an indication of where you currently are as your defense has improved immensely. You just said that Mahomes was the only good QB and receiving core the defense has faced and I dont think that is true

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I dont think it is an indication of where you currently are as your defense has improved immensely. You just said that Mahomes was the only good QB and receiving core the defense has faced and I dont think that is true
Geno is no Mahomes but he’s damn good. Turnovers and penalties in the 49er game. Defense is number 1 DVOA last 3 games and leads the league in pressures during said stretch. My point is you keep referring to week 2 like you won the Super Bowl. Post wise and insightful commentary not blind foolishness

Marvin49

Reaction score
Geno is no Mahomes but he’s damn good. Turnovers and penalties in the 49er game. Defense is number 1 DVOA last 3 games and leads the league in pressures during said stretch. My point is you keep referring to week 2 like you won the Super Bowl. Post wise and insightful commentary not blind foolishness

Well....Week 2 these teams met and it was 27-7 and it wasn't that close.

Does that mean same thing will happen when next they meet? Of course not. Seattle will be a different team than week 2...but so will SF.

I don't think any Niner fan is expecting a repeat of that game, but if the result had been the reverse you would be every bit as confident going into that game as Niner fans are/will be.

Should be fun.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Does that mean same thing will happen when next they meet? Of course not. Seattle will be a different team than week 2...but so will SF.

I don't think any Niner fan is expecting a repeat of that game, but if the result had been the reverse you would be every bit as confident going into that game as Niner fans are/will be.

Should be fun.

Point taken. If the 49ers come at us with almost everyone healthy as expected in Week 10, we would probably lose to you. If we were playing each Other this week, as opposed to a month from now.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well, I"m not sure you can count the Rams, they are pathetic right now, and I just don't see any other QB worth a darn on the games you played, and looking at the schedule going forward, you only have to face a depleted Chargers and Bucs and then Miami... should be a cake walk.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The 9ers are a good team. When I look at the schedule considering how the league has played out thus far only the Chiefs and 9ers games look like really tough ones that could end up L's. The rest I think Seattle has a great chance in.

Jac

Reaction score
Point taken. If the 49ers come at us with almost everyone healthy as expected in Week 10, we would probably lose to you. If we were playing each Other this week, as opposed to a month from now.
Why? You think San Fran is that much better? I don’t see it at all. Anyway, San Fran had better hope that’s the case because it’s back to Lance next year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Geno Smith and the Seahawks receivers have been playing great all season so don't try to feed me that line that they weren't the same offense week 2.
I generally dislike taking away from what other teams have done, and the Niners played a great game in week 2, but that was the worst performance from the Seahawks offense all season.

Geno did play well, though it was his worst performance of the season. A perusal of his stat line might make one think that he played great, and he did, he just didn't play up to the standard he is carrying now.

Hat tip to the Niners stout run defense, our rushing attack was abysmal. It won't be when we face off again. That is the most improved part of our offense since week 2, and it opens the door for Geno, and the receivers, just a little wider.

This was well before Waldron started making the kinds of in-game adjustments that have charted the course for our current win streak.

On the other side of the ball, y'all ran it down our throats, at a time when our run defense hadn't figured it out, and were the worst run defense in the league.

The Niners' plus 3 turnover margin isn't likely to happen again.

The Niners are always a tough game, and fun to watch. I'm bummed I can't make it to Seattle for this one.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I generally dislike taking away from what other teams have done, and the Niners played a great game in week 2, but that was the worst performance from the Seahawks offense all season.

Geno did play well, though it was his worst performance of the season. A perusal of his stat line might make one think that he played great, and he did, he just didn't play up to the standard he is carrying now.

Hat tip to the Niners stout run defense, our rushing attack was abysmal. It won't be when we face off again. That is the most improved part of our offense since week 2, and it opens the door for Geno, and the receivers, just a little wider.

This was well before Waldron started making the kinds of in-game adjustments that have charted the course for our current win streak.

On the other side of the ball, y'all ran it down our throats, at a time when our run defense hadn't figured it out, and were the worst run defense in the league.

The Niners' plus 3 turnover margin isn't likely to happen again.

The Niners are always a tough game, and fun to watch. I'm bummed I can't make it to Seattle for this one.

To be fair, 49ers D was doing that to everyone, not just Seattle. Reason they lost in weeks 1 and 3 was that they couldn't untrack the offense.

They were badly depleted on D-Line in Atlanta and they just ran down their throat's. KC was just BAD in every way. Losing Moseley really hurt in the secondary, but they got beat on D in every way you can get beat. Gave up 7 consecutive TD drives.

Leads you to wonder which D is the real SF D. I tend to believe its not the one that played KC. They got out-schemed, outplayed, and outcoached. I don't suspect we see that again.

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, I think the 9ers are ranked higher than the Hawks by most experts and analytics, I suspect the rankings were influenced by 9ers' roster of star players, and great coaching, all fair enough. On the other hand, we are developing our own stars at a very rapid pace, and as far as coaching goes, Pete seems to have Shanny's numbers over the years.

This time next year, the 'experts' might think we have as many if not more stars than the 9ers?

I am of the opinion that as far as rosters go, we have better QB, as good at RB, better WRs, and better depth at TEs. Our OL is a work in progress and unfinished product, may need interior linemen help, something to address this off season.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
To be fair, 49ers D was doing that to everyone, not just Seattle. Reason they lost in weeks 1 and 3 was that they couldn't untrack the offense.

They were badly depleted on D-Line in Atlanta and they just ran down their throat's. KC was just BAD in every way. Losing Moseley really hurt in the secondary, but they got beat on D in every way you can get beat. Gave up 7 consecutive TD drives.

Leads you to wonder which D is the real SF D. I tend to believe its not the one that played KC. They got out-schemed, outplayed, and outcoached. I don't suspect we see that again.
Agreed about everything except the last sentence. Your defensive identity is much closer to what we saw earlier in the season, and it is likely the defense we see in Dec will be very much like the one we faced in week 2 (barring injury). I think you will turn it around.

Pete has always seemed to have the Niners' and Shannahan's numbers. Given how differently the Hawks are winning this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see y'all get out-schemed and out-coached. It will come down to whether your players can overcome that.

Should be a great game.

Stanley

Reaction score
Week 9: BYE
Week 10: Chargers
Week 11: @ Cardinals
Week 12: Saints
Week 13: Dolphins
Week 14: Buccaneers
Week 15: @ Seahawks
Week 16: Commanders
Week 17: @ Raiders
Week 18: Cardinals

Is it just me, or at a glace does that seem like an incredibly favorable schedule for the 9'ers? My goodness all those games look like they can compete or win. The teams on that schedule with winning records are the Dolphins, Chargers and Seahawks and I'm not sold on the Chargers.

I know it's any given Sunday and anything can happen, But the Seahawks shouldn't take their foot off the pedal at all if they wanna win the division because the 49ers could easily still win a lot of games this year. It might go down to the wire.
I’d cross Seahawks off that list too lol

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

Should be fun.
The Hawks have better balance as a squad than the 49ers. Your passing game is handcuffed by a dude that only throws screens and slants effectively and nothing else. Defensively I’m not sure which team is better to be honest. We started off poorly and unfortunately got into a shootout with the Lions that skewed early ratings but they lead the league in sacks and total defense since week 5. Remember the ebbs and flows of a long season. The Hawks should go in to the bye week at 7-3 leaving pressure on SF to keep pace. If you lose to the Boltz and fall 3 games back then your best bet is a wildcard. I’m not sure you have the arm talent to beat the good offenses like we saw when KC packed it deep

Last edited:

evergreen

Reaction score
People keep saying that game wasn’t as close as the score. I don’t get it. We turned it over near the goal line. That should have been a td or fg at least. Then we have a punt return turn over leading to a td for the 9ers. Those unfortunate events could have evened it up some. We got beat though. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. That’s now a chant from our opponents not us. Second game is more like last year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
People keep saying that game wasn’t as close as the score. I don’t get it. We turned it over near the goal line. That should have been a td or fg at least. Then we have a punt return turn over leading to a td for the 9ers. Those unfortunate events could have evened it up some. We got beat though. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. That’s now a chant from our opponents not us. Second game is more like last year.

OK....

....and how did Seattle score their only 7 points?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Do you think the extra practice game in preseason that was made into Regular season game hurt your team? Just curious.

I mean maybe, but it was the same for all teams so can't really cry foul.

I think the weather conditions in Chicago were a much bigger factor.