49ers going to league about Seahawks' physical CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Radish

Reaction score
49fansince70":2421p8mg said:
SoulfishHawk":2421p8mg said:
A Whiner fan talking about cheating is laughable. Debartolo was busted for cheating/salary cap violations when he was with the Niners. :49ersmall:

Well if you're going to bring up the past, I'm gonna go with 5-0.

Its true that Eddie DiBartolo was busted after the fact for salary cap violations. As far as cheating other ways I never heard any of that.

In those days worrying about salary cap violations was mostly a joke talked about in back rooms. Every team did it all the time. Ed was just among the first they really got after.

But none of that is the reason he was forced out of the ninner organization. He got involved in some gambling issues that as I recall had nothing to do with the franchise. There is going to be a TV show about it within the week I believe.

Ed gave everything he had to the team much like George Steinbrener did for the Yankees. A very successful franchise for a long time and he was loved by the players. Something you know you can't say about the players feelings for the Yorks who now run the team to make money not necessarily win.

Even I will defend Eddie, a really find football guy who the NFL was happy to help force out of the league.

:les:

lukerguy

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zki77wq said:
Harbaugh... what a hypocrite:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53486

"Kevin Gilbride's outrageous, irrational statement regarding Justin Smith's play is, first, an absurd analogy," Harbaugh said. "Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Exactly. This is the part of it all that makes me really lose any respect that I had left for the man.

Well, let's be honest, I didn't have any left prior to those comments... What a hypocrite.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with a tad bit of contact after 5 yards, wanna show us you're a good receiver? overcome it

sc85sis

Reaction score
Harbaugh is without a doubt a very good coach. My dislike of him has nothing to do with the fact he is the 49ers coach. I have disliked him since he was a quarterback with the Bears.

Edit to add: I should mention that I grew up watching the Bears. And I still disliked Harbaugh then.

Pstark3

Reaction score
His record proves he's a good coach. His constant screaming at the refs even when calls favor him proves he's a Dbag

Bakergirl

Reaction score
rlkats":1hhpc6q3 said:
I am in question myself as a niners fan why Jim would waste his time about complaining to the league. Now to the issue at hand were there flags that should have been thrown, YES there was. Do i like tough football, YES are the players to much protected , YES. bring on the days where Ronnie Lot cut his finger off to get back in the game. Bring me the days where a DB or CB whatever can knock the F out of a QB without his vaginacrying, you Brady. There are to many you cant do this you cant do that and the whole league is doing it. 49er fans would you be saying if these CB and Safetys were playing for the niners? Prob not we would be calling them Pansies. Is it wrong for our coach to complain, No its not but hate to say it does seem petty. Snce we won against a VERY VERY good seahawks. We (and Harbaugh) should be happy since Alex played lik SHAT.

Go Niners

This 49er fan is okay in my book. :th2thumbs: The troll on the other hand... :177692:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
amill87":2625eyio said:
Lol.

So when someone calls out one of his players for possibly playing outside the rules, he goes nuts defending him but if his opponent does something, he needs to run to the league like a child to their mother?

I don't know when it will happen (I suspect a few years) but Harbaugh is going to absolute lose it one of these days (it will be really entertaining) and I think it start his career spiraling down out of control.
Maybe we can help that along on Dec 23. You're right that he's a ticking time bomb. He reminds me alot of Gruden with his insane level of intensity, he will meltdown sooner than later.

49fansince70

Reaction score
The Radish":wi05lrgo said:
49fansince70":wi05lrgo said:
SoulfishHawk":wi05lrgo said:
A Whiner fan talking about cheating is laughable. Debartolo was busted for cheating/salary cap violations when he was with the Niners. :49ersmall:

Well if you're going to bring up the past, I'm gonna go with 5-0.

Its true that Eddie DiBartolo was busted after the fact for salary cap violations. As far as cheating other ways I never heard any of that.

In those days worrying about salary cap violations was mostly a joke talked about in back rooms. Every team did it all the time. Ed was just among the first they really got after.

But none of that is the reason he was forced out of the ninner organization. He got involved in some gambling issues that as I recall had nothing to do with the franchise. There is going to be a TV show about it within the week I believe.

Ed gave everything he had to the team much like George Steinbrener did for the Yankees. A very successful franchise for a long time and he was loved by the players. Something you know you can't say about the players feelings for the Yorks who now run the team to make money not necessarily win.

Even I will defend Eddie, a really find football guy who the NFL was happy to help force out of the league.

:les:

DeBartolo happened to be the owner when the 49ers lucked into getting a good coach/GM. His first hire was Joe Thomas, who did everything he could to destroy the franchise (e.g. trading 1st round picks for a washed up OJ Simpson). The came McVay/Walsh, and Eddie was just that nice guy owner. But as time went on, he hired guys like Carmen Policy, who seemed more suited to be a wartime consigliere than a GM, and the 49ers turned into a bloated empire, dangerous but not a team you could really get behind. I didn't care for the 1994 team, it was a bunch of mercenaries. So now it's the Baalke/Harbaugh era. So far Baalke has done a great job in the draft and free agency, and Harbaugh, who is not the outwardly disattached cerebral type Walsh was, has the respect of the players, he wins games, and I don't have a problem with a guy. I'm enjoying following this version of the 49ers, and anybody who hates Harbaugh is just jealous.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
49fansince70":2wvzicox said:
DeBartolo happened to be the owner when the 49ers lucked into getting a good coach/GM. His first hire was Joe Thomas, who did everything he could to destroy the franchise (e.g. trading 1st round picks for a washed up OJ Simpson). The came McVay/Walsh, and Eddie was just that nice guy owner. But as time went on, he hired guys like Carmen Policy, who seemed more suited to be a wartime consigliere than a GM, and the 49ers turned into a bloated empire, dangerous but not a team you could really get behind. I didn't care for the 1994 team, it was a bunch of mercenaries. So now it's the Baalke/Harbaugh era. So far Baalke has done a great job in the draft and free agency, and Harbaugh, who is not the outwardly disattached cerebral type Walsh was, has the respect of the players, he wins games, and I don't have a problem with a guy. I'm enjoying following this version of the 49ers, and anybody who hates Harbaugh is just jealous.

How could you say Bill walsh was a "outwardly disattached cerebral type"?
I think I will trust people like Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Jerry Rice and many, many other former Niner players who loved Bill Walsh and who, in Walshs final days on this earth, stopped whatever else they were doing to hang out out his bedside and tell him how much they loved him.

TE Russ Francis quote:"Just the way Bill wanted it to be. Now there was a man among men. Bill Walsh, our mentor, our friend …. and not just for winning championships, but for his almost elegant way of handling so many diverse personalities and egos, with class, grace, and true leadership."

Anywho, I agree with your comments on Harbaugh...our players love and play very hard for him! I think Hawk fans hate him for his sideline demeanor just like we hate Carroll for his rah rah stuff, that, and we are RIVALS!

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
49fansince70":2709566e said:
...and anybody who hates Harbaugh is just jealous.

Fan was making a bit of sense until he got to this point. That's just straight-up nonsense there. Harbaugh's about as unlikable an individual as there's been in the NFL, and that's an opinion that's widely shared around the league and its fans. C'mon. It's fine that he's "your guy", but at least be rational about it.

What I don't get is why everybody has to fall all over themselves praising his greatness. One turnover-fluke 13-3 season plus one promising start does not equal a bust in Canton. At Stanford, he has one great season, one decent season and two crappy seasons. Oh, and he coached the Torreros.

Maybe he'll be great; maybe not. Personally, I don't think his antics will play well over the long haul and once diversity hits (you know it will -- it's the NFL) this "respect of the players" business seems likely to erode quite quickly. That's just me though. Only time will tell. Has he had a nice start in terms of W/L? Sure. Is he "great"? No. Not close, not yet.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":3th88bwj said:
49fansince70":3th88bwj said:
...and anybody who hates Harbaugh is just jealous.

Fan was making a bit of sense until he got to this point. That's just straight-up nonsense there. Harbaugh's about as unlikable an individual as there's been in the NFL, and that's an opinion that's widely shared around the league and its fans. C'mon. It's fine that he's "your guy", but at least be rational about it.

What I don't get is why everybody has to fall all over themselves praising his greatness. One turnover-fluke 13-3 season plus one promising start does not equal a bust in Canton. At Stanford, he has one great season, one decent season and two crappy seasons. Oh, and he coached the Torreros.

Maybe he'll be great; maybe not. Personally, I don't think his antics will play well over the long haul and once diversity hits (you know it will -- it's the NFL) this "respect of the players" business seems likely to erode quite quickly. That's just me though. Only time will tell. Has he had a nice start in terms of W/L? Sure. Is he "great"? No. Not close, not yet.

His brother was a secondary coach before making the jump to Head Coach of the Ravens. John Harbaugh seems to be doing just fine. I like how you characterize the "turnover-fluke 13-3 season." His antics don't bother his players because his antics aren't directed towards them. Why are the players going to be burned out by something that doesn't even involve them? What, they are going to get annoyed by their coach yelling and the refs and going to start a mutiny?
Damn, these guys are football players. They can take Harbaugh's energy. How is he not great?? Bill Barnwell from Grantland, home of Bill Simmon's love of Russel Wilson, so you know its a credible source of football, called Harbaugh the best coach in the league.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Turnover fluke seasons happen all the time in the NFL, maybe even most years. It doesn't really take that many extra bounces to turn a decent 10-6 type of season into a super-sexy 13-3 year. It's just the nature of the game, and one of the things that makes it so addicting. Turnover fluke teams usually get exposed in the playoffs -- I can't remember one ever making the Super Bowl.

SoHo9erFan":11copwun said:
How is he not great??

Pretty simple: Greatness comes over time. Here's a helpful chart.

Bill Walsh: great
Mike Holmgren: great
Joe Gibbs: great
Bill Parcells: great
Don Shula: great

Mike Ditka: not great
Jimmy Johnson: not great
Brian Billick: not great
Jon Gruden: not great
Jim Harbaugh: not great

TLD0550

Reaction score
Someone may have touched on this already but didn't Jim create the play of Richard Sherman as his EFING coach at Stanford?.. He got shot with his own gun man I wish we would have one this game it would have made this point feel that much better. lol

pehawk

Reaction score
Uggh, this scares me.

I have ZERO trust in Goodell, and KNOW, his preference is to keep Seattle irrelevant. I know that sounds paranoid, even for us insecure Seahawks fans, but Roger doesn't care about anything other than profits. For example; if the Hawks had lost the game due to replacement referees blowing a call, it wouldn't have added any urgency to Goodell's negotiations with the NFLRA. The Seahawks being relevant is a threat, period.

The Hawks DB's have been allowed to play their game this year. The refs spent a year understanding the uniqueness of their skill set. Well, I have a feeling that ends Sunday.

I can’t blame Harbaugh - but the hypocrisy is laughable.

NorCal

Reaction score
One caveat to start, I HATE the "no contact beyond 5 yards" rule. With that said:

Coaches send notes the league all the time. This is a pretty shrewd move by Harbaugh. If all he can do is get the refs to even think about it come Dec. 23rd, then it will be a massive success. I am glad we have a coach who does these sorts of things. He obviously doesn't care what others think, and only wants to help the team. His mantra is The Team, The Team, The Team.

Its not whining, its putting his team in the best position possible. That and he was specifically asked about it by a reporter.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
NorCal, he's whining and you know it. If he needs to cry to the NFL because he is so scared of facing the Hawks again, that makes him a coward in my mind, and you and all your buddies will never change it(my opinion).

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
NorCal":2xihgrhg said:
One caveat to start, I HATE the "no contact beyond 5 yards" rule. With that said:

Coaches send notes the league all the time. This is a pretty shrewd move by Harbaugh. If all he can do is get the refs to even think about it come Dec. 23rd, then it will be a massive success. I am glad we have a coach who does these sorts of things. He obviously doesn't care what others think, and only wants to help the team. His mantra is The Team, The Team, The Team.

Its not whining, its putting his team in the best position possible. That and he was specifically asked about it by a reporter.

Some coaches tell their receivers to start playing like grown men and deal with it since it's, you know, professional football. At least one complains about it to the league just after he got done chastising another coach for complaining to the league. You call it shrewd, the rest of the league call's it whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts