49ers going to league about Seahawks' physical CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":q2bgtdzq said:
Are you suggesting Williams was the MOST experienced man available? Better check on that. Harbaugh himself said he felt Williams, despite his lack of experience (like none), was most likely to "break a big play". Color it any way you'd like. It was Harbaugh's mistake and it cost the Niners the game.

I see you would rather bring up and argue semantics than answer or explain yourself.

Ginn was injured...Williams was second on the depth chart at the PR sport. So yes injury dicated that decision. We really didn't have much in the way of experience at the pro level behind Ginn. Williams did it in college and Harbaugh thought he might break one...It was him or Hunter, both of whom were rookies.

I see this is just about trying to be clever at taking shots at Harbaugh, but C'mon son.

So...
ske4kix":q2bgtdzq said:
As a head coach Harbaugh has been anything but inept, from SD, to Stanford and now with the 49ers. I'm not sure what his Career as a player has to do with what he has done, or will do, as a head coach? Could you please explain?

I'd rather be in the 49ers position myself 5-2 leading the division. If you think all of Harbaughs eggs are in one basket your very mistaken. He trust Smith to take what defenses will give him and protect the football, but there is a reason he also traded up in the 2nd last year to get Kaep.

I'd much rather be winning divsion titles and almost making it to the super bowl with Smith starting while Kaep gets to develope than be mediocre with a rookie QB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Why would you do that? Singletary built the team that should have put you guys in the superbowl. You were almost there with Mike's team, but the inept Harbaugh decided to try an inexperienced guy (Williams?) returning punts. How'd that go?[/quote]

I can tell your young, thats not a knock on you just I can tell.
Singletary added pieces to this team but you Hawk fans really need to get over your obsession with harbaugh not doing anything to the Niners personnel...one more time

Defense...
New safety(whitner), 2 new CBs, 3 new starting LBs(bowman/Smith/Brooks), new NT(Sopoaga/it was Franklin and many of you spelled the niners doom when Harbaugh let him walk), moved McDonald out to tackle and made him a starter(he was a part time player under Sing). All new backups by the way!

Offense...
Smith is easily better under harbs than Sing!, new C, new G, 3 new WRs, drafted a DE and made him a PB FB, Hunter. James waiting in the wings as is jenkins.

There has been personnel turnover and this team is better than at anytime Sing was our coach...I wont even get into schemes!!!!!![/quote]

You can tell I'm "young" because I asked your SF buddy if he'd heard of Mike Singletary?
Who are you...the amazing Kreskin? I can tell you're an Arab jihadist because you used "your" in place of you're.

Just kiddin'. If I am wrong about Harbaugh winning with MS's team, I stand corrected. I sincerely thought Mike built the team that almost went all the way under Harbaugh. I think many thought that and you knowing better than I, I appreciate the correction.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ske4kix":19jf63m5 said:
HawkWow":19jf63m5 said:
Are you suggesting Williams was the MOST experienced man available? Better check on that. Harbaugh himself said he felt Williams, despite his lack of experience (like none), was most likely to "break a big play". Color it any way you'd like. It was Harbaugh's mistake and it cost the Niners the game.

I see you would rather bring up and argue semantics than answer or explain yourself.

Ginn was injured...Williams was second on the depth chart at the PR sport. So yes injury dicated that decision. We really didn't have much in the way of experience at the pro level behind Ginn. Williams did it in college and Harbaugh thought he might break one...It was him or Hunter, both of whom were rookies.

I see this is just about trying to be clever at taking shots at Harbaugh, but C'mon son.

So...
ske4kix":19jf63m5 said:
As a head coach Harbaugh has been anything but inept, from SD, to Stanford and now with the 49ers. I'm not sure what his Career as a player has to do with what he has done, or will do, as a head coach? Could you please explain?

I'd rather be in the 49ers position myself 5-2 leading the division. If you think all of Harbaughs eggs are in one basket your very mistaken. He trust Smith to take what defenses will give him and protect the football, but there is a reason he also traded up in the 2nd last year to get Kaep.

I'd much rather be winning divsion titles and almost making it to the super bowl with Smith starting while Kaep gets to develope than be mediocre with a rookie QB.

Just how many division titles have you won in the past 15 years? When was the last time you were in the SB? I've learned enough about SF for one day, and have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but I still believe Harbaugh made a mistake in putting Williams back there. You do too.

BTW, you also use "your" in place of you're...is that a SF thing or are you and the other SF poster in this thread one in the same?

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":1xizeobb said:
Just how many division titles have you won in the past 20 years? When was the last time you were in the SB? I've learned enough about SF for one day, and have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but I still believe Harbaugh made a mistake in putting Williams back there. You do too.

Again you deflect and wont answer the question, but I'll play along...who would you have put back to return punts?Tell me what awesome option we had at the PR postion? You make it seem like there was clearly a better option.

Let's not get into a tacky debate over past accolades of our teams...you know that would be like bringing a toothpick to a gun fight.

again, back to the original topic at hand...
ske4kix":1xizeobb said:

HawkWow

Reaction score
If I gave you an answer to your question, you'd likely tell Harbaugh. I couldn't live with that.

I'll just offer the same answer Harbaugh gave whenever he needed a successful play last year: Vernon Davis.

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":31sqven2 said:
If I gave you an answer to your question, you'd likely tell Harbaugh. I couldn't live with that.

I'll just offer the same answer Harbaugh gave whenever he needed a successful play last year: Vernon Davis.

Why am I not surprised :roll:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Oh...referenicing your bringing " a toothpick to a gunfight" analogy...I'm still waiting for your answer to my question on how many div titles SF has won in the past 15 years and when was the last time SF was in a SB?

Since Seattle came into the NFC W, other than last year, I'd say we've been the ones bringin' the guns. Don't you agree?

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":3mzud1n9 said:
Oh...referenicing your bringing " a toothpick to a gunfight" analogy...I'm still waiting for your answer to my question on how many div titles SF has won in the past 15 years and when was the last time SF was in a SB?

Since Seattle came into the NFC W, other than last year, I'd say we've been the ones bringin' the guns. Don't you agree?

You've got to be kidding me right?

Let's keep this simple...49ers won the division last year with a sweep of Seattle, 49ers beat Seattle this past thursday and are 1st in the Division...is that good enough for you?

Edit: :192215:

HawkWow

Reaction score
ske4kix":2xoyhuzi said:
HawkWow":2xoyhuzi said:

Do you think Davis would have done any worse?

WTH's going on down there, anyway? You lose a punt returner and fall to pieces in your biggest game of the past 15 years? Certainly a limp-wristed bunch (not that there's anything wrong with that).

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":2xq2wbfu said:
ske4kix":2xq2wbfu said:
HawkWow":2xq2wbfu said:

Do you think Davis would have done any worse?

WTH's going on down there, anyway? You lose a punt returner and fall to pieces in your biggest game of the past 15 years? Certainly a limp-wristed bunch (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Are you really suggesting that V. Davis should have been returning punts instead?

HawkWow

Reaction score
ske4kix":3acq3h4o said:
HawkWow":3acq3h4o said:

You've got to be kidding me right?

Let's keep this simple...49ers won the division last year with a sweep of Seattle, 49ers beat Seattle this past thursday and are 1st in the Division...is that good enough for you?

Edit: :192215:

"Simple" is definitely the operative word. Make no mistake, your're merely keeping our seat warm. We basically took last year off in going with TJack. When you lost the only man on your team that could return a punt, your hopes of a return to glory were dashed. Perhaps Harbaugh, a year wiser, now has TWO PLAYERS practicing this incredibly difficult manuever. Better get it while you can SF. Your window is closing.

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":5eps85xz said:
"Simple" is definitely the operative word. Make no mistake, your're merely keeping our seat warm. We basically took last year off in going with TJack. When you lost the only man on your team that could return a punt, your hopes of a return to glory were dashed. Perhaps Harbaugh, a year wiser, now has TWO PLAYERS practicing this incredibly difficult manuever. Better get it while you can SF. Your window is closing.

Ahh, so you do agree the 49ers are the better team. See that wasn't hard was it.

Since you want to keep harping on it, yes, that nfccg was a heart breaker. As a fan it sucked. The only thing I could imagine being worse would be being a fan perennial loser, finally making it to your only Super Bowl and losing.

So, to recap...Harbaugh is succeeding where Singletary couldn't, proving that great players don't make great coaches and mediocre players can make good (one day great) coaches, Vernon Davis should be fielding punts (snicker, snicker) and the 49ers (by your own admission) are currently in "the seat" in the NFCW. Informative, comedic and gratifying all in one.

Almost forgot...to answer your question in the past 20 years 49ers have 10 division titles, and 1 Lombardi trophy. I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that's 6 more than the Hawks have in their entire existence?

The friendly banter has been fun...good night sir.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Don't Whiner fans need to find a Tard board to annoy this week? Geez, game is over....GO HOME and bother your next opponent. We are ready to talk about Detroit now..

morgulon1

Reaction score
I know who has the more physical corners. BTW , I think Brandon Browner might have cracked some of Gores ribs. Maybe thats why harbaugh was concerned.

Imagine that, a cornerback putting a rb on the sideline......

Forty9iners

Reaction score
So much moaning and griping coming from Seabirds. Lets try to win a game first. It's just like back in the college days. USC vs Stanford. Stanford has USC's number. Sorry.

The Radish

Reaction score
You its funny since its your team and fans whining after winning the game.

And what is your constant talk about college games? Who fricking cares about that other than you win starved ninner fans. Did you miss the point that this is an NFL Forum?

Maybe these threads need to be moved to another forum where they talk about college games, cause nothing that happened there has anything to do with what is happening here.

:roll:

The Radish

Reaction score
The Radish":ew8jhob3 said:
You its funny since its your team and fans whining after winning the game.

And what is your constant talk about college games? Who fricking cares about that other than you win starved ninner fans. Did you miss the point that this is an NFL Forum?

Maybe these threads need to be moved to another forum where they talk about college games, cause nothing that happened there has anything to do with what is happening here.

:roll:

In fact, the next comment from any ninner fan about college stats or games that entire string gets moved to the Sports Bar Forum.

:141847_bnono:

HawkWow

Reaction score
ske4kix":151gpdd7 said:
HawkWow":151gpdd7 said:

Ahh, so you do agree the 49ers are the better team. See that wasn't hard was it.

Since you want to keep harping on it, yes, that nfccg was a heart breaker. As a fan it sucked. The only thing I could imagine being worse would be being a fan perennial loser, finally making it to your only Super Bowl and losing.

So, to recap...Harbaugh is succeeding where Singletary couldn't, proving that great players don't make great coaches and mediocre players can make good (one day great) coaches, Vernon Davis should be fielding punts (snicker, snicker) and the 49ers (by your own admission) are currently in "the seat" in the NFCW. Informative, comedic and gratifying all in one.

Almost forgot...to answer your question in the past 20 years 49ers have 10 division titles, and 1 Lombardi trophy. I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that's 6 more than the Hawks have in their entire existence?

The friendly banter has been fun...good night sir.

My question was not how many titles you've "won in the past 20 years"....UDUB were Natty champs back then. Thanks in part to head SF a-hole Bill Walsh, that reign came to an end. Alot like how your little reign came to an end when the Hawks came storming into the division. Quick math says we've won 5 (FIVE) X more titles than SF has...and we also went to the SB. Like I said, thanks for keeping our seat warm.

FTR, No, I was not suggesting VD should return punts. But I again reiterate that he couldn't have done much worse. I'd actually like to work a trade for Davis. The guy is a stud and deserves to win a championship one day.

In closing: You mentioned I admitted SF is better than Seattle. Just to make clear, I do think SF is a FG better at this time but what I actually said was I had SF favored by 10 in SF and will look forward to Seattle winning by that margin at home. There are components of your team that I am envious of. But not your RB, (who is a shell of his old self), not your D, (our's is superior), and not your QB (we have two better). You guys have a great O-line, a great TE (hopefully he'll win a title with us in Seattle) and I'd give a slight edge to your WRs. These teams are quite even with Seattle having more youth / upside, IMO.

You have been a good sport and I apologize for being the bearer of such bad news and painful recollection. I never frequent your board but do live in Hawaii, which means I am consequently surrounded by 49er fans. I believe this too will change. Aloha.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Can this go in the Shack? It's just mindless mouth breathing 9er drivel. Thanks.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Its time for it to end. The conclusion that Harbaugh is a whiny SOB had been established long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.