49ers going to league about Seahawks' physical CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VHawk

Reaction score
Harbaugh should be sponsored by Midol.Reps hisself and his fanbase right now.

themunn

Reaction score
TLD0550":9t8eofkx said:
Someone may have touched on this already but didn't Jim create the play of Richard Sherman as his EFING coach at Stanford?.. He got shot with his own gun man I wish we would have one this game it would have made this point feel that much better. lol

Harbaugh had no input on the defense at Stanford, it was all Vic Fangio (and he admits as much, one of the reasons Sherman moved to CB was so that Harbaugh had no input on his way of play)
That's a thought conveniently ignored by 49er fans when they talk about all the amazing defensive moves he made last year - if he had no input at Stanford, why's he suddenly the guy finding all the players in SF??

Largent80

Reaction score
Who cares what the Massengil spitting pile of elephant dung says.

When they show their sorry whining asses up in Seattle we are going to present them an ass whippin for X-Mas...... :lol:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
JSeahawks":jy18yr26 said:
Harbaugh... what a hypocrite:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53486

"Kevin Gilbride's outrageous, irrational statement regarding Justin Smith's play is, first, an absurd analogy," Harbaugh said. "Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Difference being that Harbaugh was answering a specific question regarding Seattle's DBs and their constant holding, while Gilbride brought his concern up of his own accord.

manders2600

Reaction score
This is a pretty bizarre thread. Not really sure what the issue is, every team shows film to the league after every game whenever they are concerned with any call. Harbaugh responded to a direct question on the topic at a press conference.

If anyone would like to actually read what was said, here it is:

(previous question being about the personal foul called on Dashon Goldson in the first quarter)

Q: Speaking of referees, a lot of plays on the outside where your receivers were kind of locked up with cornerbacks. How did you see that confrontation throughout the game going?

A: “Well, I wouldn’t use the words ‘locked up.’ There’s another word I would use. But, we’ll take that up with the officials in New York, and get their view of it. That’s the only position that we can be in.”

Q: Is it important to get that rectified? Obviously they're known, their corners, for their physical play. Obviously, you’re going to play those guys again. Is that something that obviously you feel needs to be addressed before you play them again?

A: “Yeah, I think that’s just an important thing to address. I mean, what is this all being defined as? Is it physical play? Is it within the rules? I think that’s the biggest question, is it within the rules what’s happening. We have to ask that question. We have to know what the interpretation is.”

Q: Did you see that previously on film with them?
A: “Yes.”

Ninerguy

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3d3qgj06 said:
NorCal, he's whining and you know it. If he needs to cry to the NFL because he is so scared of facing the Hawks again, that makes him a coward in my mind, and you and all your buddies will never change it(my opinion).

Funny, Niners are NOT scared of the hawks...nor are the Hawks scared of the Niners.
Rules are rules, coaches send tape to the league every single week!!! Harbaugh was asked about it specifically by a local reporter because it was the OBVIOUS during the game...I had family members at the game who could watch what the TV doesnt show. They noticed early in the game your DBs mauling our WRs well past 5 yards and then clearly looking around for a flag...when they saw it wasnt going to be called it got worse. Honestly, I played CB in college and I would have done the same thing! You try and get any edge you can until you reach the line that starts being called. It never happened and Harbaugh is right to send the tapes in, again, it happens every week in the NFL

HawkWow

Reaction score
Harbaugh, as a subpar QB for the Bears, constantly pissed and moaned, attempting to put a veil on his own ineptness. The trend continues.

If memory serves, and I could be wrong, but I think there was a time where the Bears went single wing, using Walter as the QB instead of the whiney brother of John. A bit hazy on this, but if they didn't, they should have.

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":2cva8dsl said:
Harbaugh, as a subpar QB for the Bears, constantly pissed and moaned, attempting to put a veil on his own ineptness. The trend continues.

If memory serves, and I could be wrong, but I think there was a time where the Bears went single wing, using Walter as the QB instead of the whiney brother of John. A bit hazy on this, but if they didn't, they should have.

So Harbaugh wasn't a HOF QB in his day, is that your saying? Not sure I follow your point regarding ineptness. Harbaugh has been anything but inept as an NFL head coach, infact he has been pretty adept at moping the floor with Lil' ole' Peety hasn't he?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Ever hear of Mike Singletary?

Harbaugh barely beat a struggling Seattle at home. His offense scored just 13 points despite our many mishaps and other than his running game, yes, YOUR team looked inept and it starts with the coach. I'll say it again, I'd rather have our concerns than SF's. We are young and developing a rookie QB. SF chose not to upgrade that position and for that I am thankful. When Smith continues this downward slide back to mediocrity...this will be on the inept decision of Harbaugh for putting all of his eggs in the basket of Alex Smith. I love it. You guys keep Smith, let the Cowboys keep Romo and that's two teams we soon won't have to concern ourselves with.

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":3pqg74if said:

Mike who? We 49er fans have blocked that era out of our memories.

Seriously though what does Mike Singletary have to do with this?

Edit:

As a head coach Harbaugh has been anything but inept, from SD, to Stanford and now with the 49ers. I'm not sure what his Career as a player has to do with what he has done, or will do, as a head coach? Could you please explain?

I'd rather be in the 49ers position myself 5-2 leading the division. If you think all of Harbaughs eggs are in one basket your very mistaken. He trust Smith to take what defenses will give him and protect the football, but there is a reason he also traded up in the 2nd last year to get Kaep.

I'd much rather be winning divsion titles and almost making it to the super bowl with Smith starting while Kaep gets to develope than be mediocre with a rookie QB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Nothing. I was just name dropping.

My edited post above your's goes more into detail on why I think Harbaugh is not all he's cracked up to be.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ske4kix":16jio4s0 said:
HawkWow":16jio4s0 said:

Why would you do that? Singletary built the team that should have put you guys in the superbowl. You were almost there with Mike's team, but the inept Harbaugh decided to try an inexperienced guy (Williams?) returning punts. How'd that go?

NorCal

Reaction score
HawkWow":33e4jsni said:

Harbaugh barely beat a struggling Seattle at home. His offense scored just 13 points despite our many mishaps and other than his running game, yes, YOUR team looked inept and it starts with the coach. I'll say it again, I'd rather have our concerns than SF's. We are young and developing a rookie QB. SF chose not to upgrade that position and for that I am thankful. When Smith continues this downward slide back to mediocrity...this will be on the inept decision of Harbaugh for putting all of his eggs in the basket of Alex Smith. I love it. You guys keep Smith, let the Cowboys keep Romo and that's two teams we soon won't have to concern ourselves with.

First of all, who said Seattle was struggling? Not this board. Nor really any expert either. Yes, your offense struggles, but the defense is legit top 5 in the league.

And you have great logic by saying the niners were only able to score 13 points despite the many mishaps of Sea. I guess I didn't know what I was watching, but your defense sure didn't have any mishaps. I am pretty sure your defense played very well and only gave up one TD drive that was the difference in the game.

Look, I get it. You hate Harbaugh. Frankly, I am glad. It makes for a better rivalry. I think this is a great up and coming rivalry. And yes Smith has his limits. But SF does have a young QB they are grooming. The difference is he isn't playing, yet.

And I really don't know where this notion that the Niners aren't a young team. Really, the only starters who aren't young are Justin Smith and Frank Gore. Granted, two of our best players, but our FO has been drafting pretty well of late.

ske4kix

Reaction score
HawkWow":3dn8zpdo said:
ske4kix":3dn8zpdo said:
HawkWow":3dn8zpdo said:

Why would you do that? Singletary built the team that should have put you guys in the superbowl. You were almost there with Mike's team, but the inept Harbaugh decided to try an inexperienced guy (Williams?) returning punts. How'd that go?

Harbaugh didn't decide to "try", injuries dictated that decision.

ske4kix

Reaction score
BlueTalon":23wegqt7 said:
We have one of those, too, a recent coach everyone here tries to forget about.

I literally cringe when I think back to those 2 1/2 years. So many facepalm moments come to mind. The frustration as a fan can be almost unbearable at times.

It's amazing how good coaching changes everything.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
HawkWow":la6v7jtc said:
ske4kix":la6v7jtc said:
HawkWow":la6v7jtc said:

I can tell your young, thats not a knock on you just I can tell.
Singletary added pieces to this team but you Hawk fans really need to get over your obsession with harbaugh not doing anything to the Niners personnel...one more time

Defense...
New safety(whitner), 2 new CBs, 3 new starting LBs(bowman/Smith/Brooks), new NT(Sopoaga/it was Franklin and many of you spelled the niners doom when Harbaugh let him walk), moved McDonald out to tackle and made him a starter(he was a part time player under Sing). All new backups by the way!

Offense...
Smith is easily better under harbs than Sing!, new C, new G, 3 new WRs, drafted a DE and made him a PB FB, Hunter. James waiting in the wings as is jenkins.

There has been personnel turnover and this team is better than at anytime Sing was our coach...I wont even get into schemes!!!!!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Harbaugh didn't decide to "try", injuries dictated that decision.[/quote]

Are you suggesting Williams was the MOST experienced man available? Better check on that. Harbaugh himself said he felt Williams, despite his lack of experience (like none), was most likely to "break a big play". Color it any way you'd like. It was Harbaugh's mistake and it cost the Niners the game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
NorCal":2rsghqac said:
HawkWow":2rsghqac said:

First of all, who said Seattle was struggling? Not this board. Nor really any expert either. Yes, your offense struggles, but the defense is legit top 5 in the league.

And you have great logic by saying the niners were only able to score 13 points despite the many mishaps of Sea. I guess I didn't know what I was watching, but your defense sure didn't have any mishaps. I am pretty sure your defense played very well and only gave up one TD drive that was the difference in the game.

Look, I get it. You hate Harbaugh. Frankly, I am glad. It makes for a better rivalry. I think this is a great up and coming rivalry. And yes Smith has his limits. But SF does have a young QB they are grooming. The difference is he isn't playing, yet.

And I really don't know where this notion that the Niners aren't a young team. Really, the only starters who aren't young are Justin Smith and Frank Gore. Granted, two of our best players, but our FO has been drafting pretty well of late.

No disrespect intended but....common sense should suggest I was referring to our struggling offense. I am aware we have a pretty good defense.

My point was (and is) that Seattle is younger than SF and in the process of grooming a new QB. It is my belief this provides a bigger window for Seattle than it does SF....especially when it appears Harbaugh is satisfied with Alex Smith. I like Smith and feel for him, but I do not believe he is the answer. Unless you guys are going to grab a vet, prolonging the inevitable is not going to put you firmly above Seattle when our O comes together.

BTW, I picked SF to beat us by 10 last week. I pick Seattle to beat SF by the same around X-mas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.