2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
It truly does beg the question: Which is worse? The p.o.s. Nicasio or the idiot clown who keeps trotting him out there?

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":3l8e52wa said:
It truly does beg the question: Which is worse? The p.o.s. Nicasio or the idiot clown who keeps trotting him out there?
lol couldn’t have said it better myself!

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, well it would also help if they could do better than 1 for 90 with RISP. :34853_doh:

It's like there's no heart in the offense. They just go up there and flail away. :pukeface:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
10 hits and only 3 runs. I hope Dee's injury isn't serious.

The whole Nicasio thing is comparable to some of PC/JS moves and draft picks---ego getting in the way of common sense logic. There is absolutely no reason other than the ego of Jerry and Servais-their failure to recognize and admit that one of their "major" offseason FA signings was a disaster. 2 year $17 million deal for a guy with a 4.61 career era?? A guy that had been a full time reliever only 1 year after he struggled as a starter for 5 years. Terrible signing but for crying out loud Jerry, cut your losses and move on!

Release him, eat the money and use the spot for Bradford-a dependable middle guy. Use Tuiavaila and Pazos in the 6th and Warren and Colome as your primary 7th and 8th guys. Duke as your secondary lefty matchup.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Typical Mariners.

On a good note, Nicasio may have finally done enough to move himself out of the pen. After the game Servais said they would evaluate Nicasio's role in the pen. On a bad note, I think Felix probably did just enough to earn another start. If you ask me, his numbers looked better than his performance. If not for that great Span catch, we are probably looking at a line like 4 ER's in 4 IP.

Today almost feels like a must win. We can't afford to drop two games in a row at home to a weak Blue Jays team. Hopefully Dee is okay. If it is serious, Cano can slide right back into 2B. With how fast Gordon recovered from his injury earlier this season, I think we see him back this weekend.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nicasio was DL’ed “knee” (see wink wink nudge nudge)
Should have just cut him!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jays sitting on the early fastball. Once Marco started throwing his other pitches he got outs .
Down 1-0 top of 1. Wouldn’t surprise me if Marco shuts me down from here on out.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":224p2ob4 said:
Nicasio was DL’ed “knee” (see wink wink nudge nudge)
Should have just cut him!

Thank goodness!

But the bats have to get going. The bottom half of the lineup is AWOL lately.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What a joke of a performance. We could honestly be 8 GB of the WC by the end of August if we keep this up.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The M’s are full on their annual summer meltdown mode. I guess the experts were correct. They benefited from an early easy schedule.

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty pathetic. Hard to be a fan when they keep letting visiting teams celebrate in our house.

:pukeface:

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Just sad. But then, everyone who has spent ant time watching this team knew it was coming. As always, just wait 'til next year!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Well the Mariners did pretty well, they managed to keep us interested right til the beginning of training camp. Maybe next season they can aim for the second preseason game. I’m honestly thinking about taking a break from watching them.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Hopefully, Servais will come out in the post-game and say "We've got to play better. " like he did last night.

Managing genius.

sutz

Reaction score
Well we get Pax tomorrow night. Maybe we'll only lose 3-2.

:pukeface:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":1f9o4o3g said:
Hopefully, Servais will come out in the post-game and say "We've got to play better. " like he did last night.

Managing genius.
But isn't this the guy that so many were clamoring for to get a contract extension? His recycled adages are getting pretty tired.