2013-14 NBA Season Thread

Tical21

Reaction score
Seriously, now that TD is a mod, can we end the Portland Trailblazers thread on a Seattle sports team website?

I have a rather obese man-crush on Tony Wroten. He's a handful of MPG away from being a 15,5,5 guy as a 2nd year pro. Too bad the more he plays, the more games they lose.

The Nets are going to come aren't they? Johnson, Lopez and Williams should get you 50 wins on their own.

Who are we kidding? This is Lebron's year again.

Atradees

Reaction score
SPORTS BAR...........5 feet beyond the arc is a high risk shot.

The Blazers are the regional basketball team like the Seahawks are the regional football team.

I reside in Seattle. When I lived in Portland I loved the Seahawks. (many do)

Best thing is we dont pay a penny of the ridiculous sales, sin and other taxes in Seattle to support the Blazers.

THAT pesky Rick Adelman!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tical21":24ifeout said:
Seriously, now that TD is a mod, can we end the Portland Trailblazers thread on a Seattle sports team website?

I have a rather obese man-crush on Tony Wroten. He's a handful of MPG away from being a 15,5,5 guy as a 2nd year pro. Too bad the more he plays, the more games they lose.

The Nets are going to come aren't they? Johnson, Lopez and Williams should get you 50 wins on their own.

I know Wroten's cousin, practically my brother from another mother, and Wroten is so much happier in Philly. Memphis had so many guards and Hollins wasn't much of a fan of throwing out a rookie like Wroten out there for significant time.

Dudes HOOPING in Philly though, I bet the new GM in Memphis is feeling real stupid with his advanced stats n crap. Is it okay to say the 76ers can be Seattle's pseudo team? They have Hawes too. I think I'll ask Pe if he's down to make them the Seattle Pseudo team as well.

Tical21

Reaction score
Atradees":1cpr7k1w said:
SPORTS BAR...........5 feet beyond the arc is a high risk shot.

The Blazers are the regional basketball team like the Seahawks are the regional football team.

I reside in Seattle. When I lived in Portland I loved the Seahawks. (many do)

Best thing is we dont pay a penny of the ridiculous sales, sin and other taxes in Seattle to support the Blazers.

THAT pesky Rick Adelman!
The Blazers are not the regional basketball team, except to Blazers fans. They are the mortal enemy of the team from the same city that this board was made for.

Tical21

Reaction score
Throwdown":3uluspmb said:
Tical21":3uluspmb said:

I know Wroten's cousin, practically my brother from another mother, and Wroten is so much happier in Philly. Memphis had so many guards and Hollins wasn't much of a fan of throwing out a rookie like Wroten out there for significant time.

Dudes HOOPING in Philly though, I bet the new GM in Memphis is feeling real stupid with his advanced stats n crap. Is it okay to say the 76ers can be Seattle's pseudo team? They have Hawes too. I think I'll ask Pe if he's down to make them the Seattle Pseudo team as well.
They're probably the team I root for most often, and they're the team I usually roll with in NBA2k, but then again I was rolling Memphis all year last year taking 20 shots with Wroten. Might be why my record suffered.

But it is kind of weird. Both the one-and-dones that came here for pretty dismal seasons team-wise ended up on the same team. So they're Huskies, kind of? I wish they had never come. Saw Spencer at the Jamal Crawford thing this summer, that was a lot of fun, he was just unstoppable.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kind of with you, these one and dones really screwed over the program that Romar has.

Guys like Wilcox who develop and become really good players doesn't happen very often anymore. NBA needs to open the age limit back up to 18, they have the resources now in the NBDL to develop these kids if they're not ready that they didn't have before when the D-League first began and it was looked at like a death sentence to an NBA career.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The Thunder are still a piece away from a championship. They are the third best team this year behind Miami/Indiana.

Blazers are for real, Lillard is sophomore MVP by far. Aldridge is consistently one of the better all around bigs.

Indiana and Miami are just going to coast until the ECF. That will be a hell of a series and unless Miami makes a move for a real big guy, I might give the edge to IND this year.

LAC are frauds. Without Paul being a super stud so far, they might be closer to .500. I'll take HOU, POR, OKL & SA over them anyday.

Atradees

Reaction score
Throwdown":2pjiu6nz said:
Miami is just clutch, everyone on that team hits big shots.

I have no problem with Miami other than they purchased their team and developed zero talent.

To me that speaks of Mega Corporate Under-Lords. They might as well build condos in Ballard or set up a string of coffee shops on every corner. Sound familiar?

[youtube]ETxmCCsMoD0[/youtube]

m0ng0

Reaction score
Knock down that dumpster called KeyArena and maybe we could talk Seattle basketball again :D

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Atradees":10loj7u2 said:
Throwdown":10loj7u2 said:
Miami is just clutch, everyone on that team hits big shots.

I have no problem with Miami other than they purchased their team and developed zero talent.

To me that speaks of Mega Corporate Under-Lords. They might as well build condos in Ballard or set up a string of coffee shops on every corner. Sound familiar?

The NBA has a salary cap, you don't 'buy' championships.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1idx6b9o said:
Blazers will flame out, same as always. Aldridge is just way too inconsistent. Always has been. Can't be relied upon to sustain production throughout the year. Lillard, however, is a fantastic young player.

Miami still have to be favorites. I like Indiana, just not sure they can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

Aldridge looks pretty consistent so far. I expect them to take a mid/late season dump and ruin everything (did the MIN game tell you anything?). But for now hard to argue their ability.

Miami is still the favorites because they have the best player in the league but that team just isn't that good.

m0ng0

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3jo5gcaw said:
peachesenregalia":3jo5gcaw said:
Blazers will flame out, same as always. Aldridge is just way too inconsistent. Always has been. Can't be relied upon to sustain production throughout the year. Lillard, however, is a fantastic young player.

Miami still have to be favorites. I like Indiana, just not sure they can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

Aldridge looks pretty consistent so far. I expect them to take a mid/late season dump and ruin everything (did the MIN game tell you anything?). But for now hard to argue their ability.

Miami is still the favorites because they have the best player in the league but that team just isn't that good.
Oh I dont think anybody here isi talking championship at all, most are stunned they have maintained this level of play for as long as they have, its like you pull the piece out of the jenga tower and it all comes crashing down, the important thing is the team believes, they believe in their coach, they believe in his system and most importantly they believe in each other. LaMarcus has become a leader and its showing, Its been a lot of fun to watch this year and who knows howfar they can take this.......more good news C. J. McCollum has been cleared to practice.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bobcats become the Hornets at the end of the season, heres the new logo

Hornets1

I don't know about the legal side of things, but I'd rather they have the old logo back.

Atradees

Reaction score
-b6809de3c9c996ff.JPG

Latest posts