2013-14 NBA Season Thread

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
British Hawk":a2girsnx said:
LaMarcus Aldridge is the best PF in the league.

Top 3 probably, but #1 is iffy. I would still take Love(when healthy) over him, Griffin and arguably Duncan.

Javaris Crittenton back in the news again, unfortunately.

a former first-round NBA draft pick perhaps best known for his gun-in-the-locker-room confrontation with former Washington Wizards teammate Gilbert Arenas, was indicted Wednesday on drug charges in Atlanta, where he's already awaiting trial for his alleged role in the shooting death of a mother of four.

Crittenton and 13 other people were named in the indictment that was initially the result of an investigation conducted by the federal Drug Enforcement Agency, according to a source close to the investigation. According to that source, Crittenton conspired to deal cocaine and marijuana in the months before he was indicted last year for his alleged role in an August 2011 Atlanta shooting death.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... rder-trial

m0ng0

Reaction score
man I doubt I could name 8 power forwards in the league at this point, I am just not interested in the NBA anymore. I follow Portland and whomever they play on a given day but that is about it.

Atradees

Reaction score
The best thing about Alderidge is his unselfishness. A rare commodity in this league.

Oh Popavich! T up and walk away while we beat you!

Can this Blazers team win 60 games?

Throwdown

Reaction score
KD's been putting on a show these past few weeks though, he should get MVP this time around.

But my heart gets warm and happy everytime i see the knicks sucking lol

Throwdown

Reaction score
With the way Wade looks, I'd say Pacers.

That series went to the wire last year WITH Wade, without Wade and a decent/solid threat in the middle I can see the Pacers going to the finals, but the Heat do have the great equilizer of this era in LeBron, soo it could go to the Heat as well, but on paper I'd say the Pacers.

I would like to point out that at this moment one of my picks for sleeper in the east right now is in the running for 6th seed, the Wizards! Anyone catch that block John Wall had on Stephen Curry the other night?

Throwdown

Reaction score
GCrow":31gtxjud said:
Raps baby!...... T ROSS!!!!!

Dude had 51 the other night! I smiled when I saw that Sports Center alert run across my phone screen the other night.

mistaowen

Reaction score
It's hard to bet against Lebron regardless of how his team looks around him. His game 6 against the Celtics in Boston a few years ago to force a game 7 was unbelievable. Pacers have to be the on paper favorites though. Solid defense, grown together over the years, playoff experience as a unit, bunch of real good players.

It's crazy how hot the 76ers were to start the year and now are back to the basement. I thought they'd be a sleeper 4-5 seed in the East with how MCW was playing at the time.

I think the Wizards make a push after the allstar break.... John Wall is playing some great ball. The East tournament will come down to the Pacers vs Heat though IMO. No other teams really stand a chance unless Melo can take over a whole series.

I really don't like the NBA much anymore though. The NCAA tourney is 100x more exciting for me nowadays.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Stern retires tomorrow... REJOICE SEATTLE FOR THE WITCH IS GONE!!!

I hope he trips and stumbles out the door tomorrow, just a stumble not a fall.

Atradees

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ocua1nd said:
Stern retires tomorrow... REJOICE SEATTLE FOR THE WITCH IS GONE!!!

I hope he trips and stumbles out the door tomorrow, just a stumble not a fall.

Never liked Stern's tyrannical reign. I hope the new can be more of promoter dedicated to the fans than trying to build personal glory. This infighting over teams has to stop. The NBA has to have a wide open expansion with a revision of the NBA policy to accept anyone with one year of college. The minimum should a college degree or 4 years. This then stregthens the college game too. To me the NCAA mens basketball is unwatchable with status quo. Then the pros can feild better rookies too. The Oden fiasco never happens if he has to play longer in the junior league. If there are more teams in the league tham actual basket ball will become more important than the acquisition of NBA stars. If the somebody has an idea to deemphasize this I would be totally on board. The cap is not working. The last 10 years minimum the champs have purchased their championships in free agency. How lopsided and boring is that?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm way on the other end other end of the spectrum of making these kids go to college, making 'em stay already got thrown out when Xavier McDaniel and his attorneys beat David Stern (when he was an attorney) to let McDaniel join the Sonics when he was only 18. The league started the NBDL for a reason, smart teams use these teams to develop the talent. Look at Jeremy Lamb in OKC, he spent some time in the D-League. I don't like the idea of an age limit at all, it hurts these NCAA programs most of all. Let the players that don't want to be in college and feel they're good enough go to the NBA, and if the team that drafted 'em feels like they need more time, they're assigned these NBDL teams for a reason. The NBA drafting process has always been a huge hit and miss scenario.

As for the salary cap, I think something should be done. But a lot of these teams have the 3 main guys they paid the major dollars to like always, its the other guys like the Ray Allens and such that go to these teams on a discount or league minimum towards the end of their careers to get these rings. But as the sport grows the demand in money from these players is going to get higher, thankfully revenue streams are going to be a whole lot better in this CBA to allow these teams to function in a proper manner meaning that they too can get the big name guys, it'd be a lot better if these owners could open their pockets like the NFL does to get players, but NBA owners rarely actually see any money enter their pockets from owning an NBA franchise, its why NBA franchises are sold for the hundreds of millions as opposed to the NFL and MLB franchises that are sold for BILLIONS.

I'm hopeful of Adam Silver though as a guy who wants the NBA product back in Seattle, I really really really miss it, I know some here don't but whatevz, thats their thing. People say he's in favor of bigger markets, Seattle's is a rapidly growing market and the Seahawks being at eternities door step is helping Seattle be more visual. I think he'll be a fine commish.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The only reason Stern didn't bring a team back here is he didn't want to admit a mistake was made. I also thought that Chris Hansen's arena deal was just a little too sweet for the city for Stern to like it. He wants municipalities to pay for the arenas.

Stephenson has been fun to watch although I haven't seen many games. I play fantasy hoops so I keep up with things but watching games has been hard. The East is so difficult to watch anyways. Teams like Charlotte are in the playoffs right now and they are just garbage. Can we fast forward to the ECF already?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Dude needs to join the Dunk contest already instead of all these little teases.

[youtube]n2IeKmycCXU[/youtube]

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Only watched the highlights of the all-star game, but it looked pretty good. Actually kinda feel like I missed out.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Those t-shirt jerseys need to die a fiery death.

and the intros were the worst in the history of forever, bunch of 40 year old washed up rappers, performing songs no one has heard since 2002.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Throwdown":1v7p5n59 said:
Those t-shirt jerseys need to die a fiery death.

and the intros were the worst in the history of forever, bunch of 40 year old washed up rappers, performing songs no one has heard since 2002.

Yeah, do not like the t-shirts or the nickname jerseys at all. NBA trying to make another buck.

Latest posts