2 games we would have won with Haushka....

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
And those saying Haushka choked last year, remember at some point he was playing with a backup center.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seafan":3blrk2s6 said:
Haush lost two games for the Hawks last season. So far that's a push. With Blair the Hawks have saved enough to add players like Freeney and Maxwell.

Give a great big assist to Pete and RW for last night's loss.

Wait.. I thought it was Lacy and Joeckel we added?

(Good points Seafan.. I don’t use sarcasm emojis)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":etosp9is said:
And those saying Haushka choked last year, remember at some point he was playing with a backup center.

In other words, your narrative is ruined and now you’re scrambling to still paint Walsh as the only kicker to miss a 52 yard kick at CenturyLink field

Ok then. :2thumbs:

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3n7f567c said:
Weird I remember Hauschka blowing 2 games last year with his leg ....
That is weird because that didn't happen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
potatohead":2pz4ljs5 said:
People blaming Walsh are crazy. RW gifted them 14 points in the first five minutes. Walsh didn't even have a chance to get three at the end of the first half. He also saved a touchdown on the opening kickoff. League average from 52 yards is about 50% and the only reason it was that far in the first place was terrible clock management and two burned timeouts. Not to mention a billion penalties again and Lane dropping an INT that he literally had with both hands.

This one is not on the kicker, period.
If Pete lacked confidence in Walsh, for missing three in the Deadskins game, and opted away from having his Choke Artist possibly shanking another last night at the end of the first half, Pete had his doubt's CONFIRMED with the last chance to tie and go OT... it most certainly IS on THIS kicker for tanking BOTH games.

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2nhxpvnu said:
SpokaneHawks":2nhxpvnu said:

In other words, your narrative is ruined and now you’re scrambling to still paint Walsh as the only kicker to miss a 52 yard kick at CenturyLink field

Ok then. :2thumbs:
LOL, soccer much? Let me know how you feel about the "Blair Walsh Project" after he loses a few more for us!

potatohead

Reaction score
scutterhawk":14hraxbj said:
potatohead":14hraxbj said:
People blaming Walsh are crazy. RW gifted them 14 points in the first five minutes. Walsh didn't even have a chance to get three at the end of the first half. He also saved a touchdown on the opening kickoff. League average from 52 yards is about 50% and the only reason it was that far in the first place was terrible clock management and two burned timeouts. Not to mention a billion penalties again and Lane dropping an INT that he literally had with both hands.

If Pete lacked confidence in Walsh, for missing three in the Deadskins game, and opted away from having his Choke Artist possibly shanking another last night at the end of the first half, Pete had his doubt's CONFIRMED with the last chance to tie and go OT... it most certainly IS on THIS kicker for tanking BOTH games.

He lost the Redskins game, no doubt. He didn't lose last night's game. There was way too much crap-tasticness from the whole team (and coaching staff) last night to pin it on one guy. Even if he makes the 52 yarder the Hawks don't win, they just have a chance to.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":1ugnqfer said:
Ace_Rimmer":1ugnqfer said:
potatohead":1ugnqfer said:

Walsh even hit the post on an extra point last night too. There is obviously no confidence in this guy, so why are we not bringing anyone in to compete for the job? Other teams do this all the time with kickers.

I am not blaming him for this game, but he is definitely another problem here.

Have you seen the state of the league though?

If that kick yesterday upset you please, please find a way to watch the Bears game vs the Lions Sunday.

Bears down 3. driving with a minute to go. Rookie qb Trubisky makes a terrific scramble for his life through tons of defenders and gains like 25 yards. Then he makes a fantastic tough completion downfield setting up a forty something yard field goal with almost no time left. They use their last timeout, bring out Connor Barth I think it was, and as time expires he kicks the ball far enough but literally 37 yards to the right of the goalpost.

Blair was a yard and a half short and true man. That kick is a coin flip in any way you wanna look at it. Pete gambled on Blair and didn't choose competition after Washington, and he has been mostly solid in return. You do acknowledge without Walsh we would have been down 7-0 yesterday in about 12 seconds right? Again, 2 yards further of a kick and we're talking the COMPLETE 180 about Walsh. So in my opinion, that has to come down to why aren't we 2 yards closer? Oh yeah, ANOTHER penalty on the punt return. Which is why I'm beating my drum around here, that we have crippling problems besides Blair. In other words, fixing the kicker and not fixing the penalties would net zero IMO, versus fixing the penalties and not doing anything about the kicker would net much, much positive IMO.
It's SIMPLE logic dude, Blair Walsh has HIS FAIR SHARE of blame for the LOSS by shanking THREE to the same side in the Skins game.... Pete's lack of confidence was confirmed last night with the miss by Walsh.
I mean, the kicker is a part of the Scoring, thus is just as Responsible for HELPING to up the score as the rest of the team, and DO HIS PART to win close games.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
potatohead":2jj1d2cf said:
scutterhawk":2jj1d2cf said:
potatohead":2jj1d2cf said:

He lost the Redskins game, no doubt. He didn't lose last night's game. There was way too much crap-tasticness from the whole team (and coaching staff) last night to pin it on one guy. Even if he makes the 52 yarder the Hawks don't win, they just have a chance to.
Re-read and you'll see that I said that if he makes that FG, we go OT....He didn't do enough to instill confidence in our kicking game, because if he did, Pete would likely gone for the Field Goal TRY at the end of the first half.
Pete's confidence wasn't there, and coming up short at the 7 second mark justified Pete's lack in believing in his kicker.

potatohead

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1dnmk4u9 said:
potatohead":1dnmk4u9 said:
scutterhawk":1dnmk4u9 said:
potatohead":1dnmk4u9 said:

Re-read and you'll see that I said that if he makes that FG, we go OT....He didn't do enough to instill confidence in our kicking game, because if he did, Pete would likely gone for the Field Goal TRY at the end of the first half.
Pete's confidence wasn't there, and coming up short at the 7 second mark justified Pete's lack in believing in his kicker.

How is he supposed to re-gain the trust in his coach if he doesn't get a chance? He was 2/2 in both FG's and XP's in Arizona, and he was 2/2 XP's and 1/1 FG's up until the botched fake in the game yesterday. What else is he supposed to do? Pete would rather pitch it to Willson and hope he can outrun a bunch of guys faster than him for 30 yards? It was a bone head play and IMO had nothing to do with how he feels about his kicker. He was trying to do what they always do, and do something surprising or out of the norm to make themselves look smart. Then they botched the whole thing with time management and time outs and the end (as per usual).

What about your gazillion dollar QB who gifted 14 points?
What about your team taking over 100 yards in penalties? (again)
What about your DL who had one sack on the last defensive play of the game?
What about your patchwork O-Line?

The only players on the team who can be relied on 100% at this point are the linebackers.

getnasty

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":287lun41 said:
Bumping this for later today. How many still standing up for Walsh?

Would you have signed Haushka to a big contract after last year? Doesn't matter what you say the answer is NO. That doesn't mean we can't try to find a better kicker but nobody wanted Hauska back so let not act like we made a poor decision by not signing him. Damn we should have cut Prosise and keep Alex Collins with all he did in the preseason too.

DrDix

Reaction score
People just want a scapegoat to blame. And as is usual, the reasons are unjustified. Go ahead and blame Walsh all you want for the redskins game, I remember the Seahawks having a lead with 1 minute to go in the game and the defense blew it.

Falcons game, terrible fake FG (coaching issue) along with terrible clock management. On the last drive the offense wasting nearly 30 seconds on two plays gaining about 10 yards in the middle of the field with no time to spare. That is TERRIBLE. You wasted an entire set of downs for 10 yards not yet in FG range with no timeouts. That wasted set of downs could've been used for gaining more yards towards an easier FG. In the end, Walsh missed, he didn't hold up his end of the bargain. However, neither did the rest of the team in other facets of the game. Maybe without 100 yards in penalties they are never in that position to begin with. Same goes for the terrible clock management.

In the end, it's a TEAM game. Walsh has at times missed but the same goes for the defense or the offense along with him. You're free to believe that he alone is the reason we have 2 more in the L column, you're really just blind to reality.

Oh and for those that want "competition" - maybe realize that if you're trying to bring in a kicker who is a FA mid way through the season, chances are they are a FA for a reason, and have similar if not more issues to Walsh!!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
getnasty":2kezlmtj said:
Nobody here would have brought Haushka back after last year. Nobody.

Nobody here would have also made the idiotic decision of signing Blair ****ing Walsh either.

How anyone in the front office thought that was a good idea I'll never understand.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So it's Walsh that had 10 plus penalties in back to back home games? Or stupid penalties extending drives for the opponent? Or who gave up the lead w/less than 90 seconds in the game vs. the Skins? Or had stupid penalties on offense to kill drives? Come on, he has been bad, but to put blame on him for the losses is pretty weak. At least TWO losses. Skins game, yeah, he missed 3, that was pathetic.
But, burying your head in the sand doesn't hide the MANY issues with the team in their 4 losses. Let alone the crazy amount of injuries to major players on this team. And the coaches decisions and horrible clock management must be on Walsh as well.

Seymour

Reaction score
Agree. I'm not happy with the Walsh selection and no competition brought in, but if there are bigger fish to fry then lets fry them instead. I put one game on him as 3 misses is chokeland, no getting around that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":3p56i0qp said:
SpokaneHawks":3p56i0qp said:
IMO, Walsh has cost us 2. 2 that, IMO, Haushka would have made. There's two types of kickers in the NFL, those that thrive in adversity and those that fold under pressure. Our current kicker is the type that fold. I don't know how much money Haushka wanted but I do know that having somebody that you can rely on shoujld be worth it's weight in gold. IMO, we shouikd have won last night and vs the skins.

To those wondering why we didn't go for the 3 at the half. Well, I thijnk it's plain as day. Walsh can't be trusted and it's causing Pete to think twice. The indecision at the end was obviously clear. Put in Walsh to lose or take a shot at the end zone for a chance.

If it's "always compete" then what kickers are out there to bring in for competition with Walsh?

I'll bet there's a crapload! When the Redskins kicker Dustin Hopkins went down they picked up some nobody named Nick Rose who proceeded to hit 90+ % of his kicks, including a 55 yarder. And his kickoffs are deep. We could have had this guy instead of Blair Walsh.