2 games we would have won with Haushka....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You guys are all forgetting to add in the Pete Carroll stubborn ego factor to the equation.

Whatever the normal time frame is for admitting you messed up coaching or personnel wise, you have to add 2-3 more times of the terrible decision happening to this team cause of Pete's ego and stubbornness.

So while most successful teams would have had kickers in her two weeks ago after the Redskins game, it'll be another 2-3 missed makeable kicks before Pete does it. We just have to hope those kicks don't cost us anymore games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":2m717phz said:
Hasselbeck":2m717phz said:
Weird I remember Hauschka blowing 2 games last year with his leg ....
That is weird because that didn't happen.

Guess I just imagined this happening then:
[youtube]MQ_RMncukSg[/youtube]

And this:
[youtube]BN80oqiCfIc[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2zgk7afh said:
Dan Carpenter is available. His longest FG is 60 yards and has career pct of 84% made.
http://www.nfl.com/player/dancarpenter/2507401/profile

I'd kick the tires and bring him in for a tryout. If nothing else, maybe pushes Walsh a bit.

Walsh's career percentage is 83%

But yeah, I'm sure the most maligned kicker in the league needs a little kick in the ass with an equally unreliable kicker.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":13000ply said:
hawkfan68":13000ply said:
Dan Carpenter is available. His longest FG is 60 yards and has career pct of 84% made.

I'd kick the tires and bring him in for a tryout. If nothing else, maybe pushes Walsh a bit.

But yeah, I'm sure the most maligned kicker in the league needs a little kick in the ass with an equally unreliable kicker.

I haven't felt comfortable with Walsh from the get go. Even after he was 12-13 I just felt like I was holding my breath every time he took a kick. Did Hauschka have some huge misses last year? Yup. But I never felt the lack of confidence in a kicker that I feel with Blair Walsh. I can't fall back on stats, it's just a gut feeling.

But I do know that there are guys coming out of college every year with big legs. See my Nick Rose example earlier in the thread. I'm sure there are a bunch of those guys kicking around (no pun intended) that you can bring in.

And Hauschka has come back with a vengeance. Wish we still had him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":3av00rra said:
Bumping this for later today. How many still standing up for Walsh?

:roll:

No one is saying Blair Walsh is Adam Vinatieri circa 2004. The loss to Washington was a team loss. The kick he missed against Atlanta is a challenging kick for any kicker.

I would rather have a Harrison Butker at kicker right now than Walsh, but those basically saying this team would be 9-2 with Hauschka is a stretch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
xgeoff":13t3gwld said:
Hasselbeck":13t3gwld said:
hawkfan68":13t3gwld said:

I haven't felt comfortable with Walsh from the get go. Even after he was 12-13 I just felt like I was holding my breath every time he took a kick. Did Hauschka have some huge misses last year? Yup. But I never felt the lack of confidence in a kicker that I feel with Blair Walsh. I can't fall back on stats, it's just a gut feeling.

But I do know that there are guys coming out of college every year with big legs. See my Nick Rose example earlier in the thread. I'm sure there are a bunch of those guys kicking around (no pun intended) that you can bring in.

And Hauschka has come back with a vengeance. Wish we still had him.

Don't disagree with much that you said. I wish we still had Hauschka as well, but not for $3M a year.

naholmes

Reaction score
You can’t judge by career stars because not all FGs are created equal. Chargers used to have a kicker Nate Kaeding who was supposedly the all time most accurate kicker but he was only 8 for 15 in the playoffs. Gotta get another kicker in to at least kick the tires.

chris98251

Reaction score
Walsh seems fine when there is no pressure add pressure and elements and he seems to get more wild. Where Morton Anderson when you need him, he had ice in his veins.