hasselbeck : bring him back, before it's too late !!!!

qmuddy2

Reaction score
all this started after we let matt hasselbeck go !!! he wants to come back !!!! Wilson can be the backup qb and he can also be another half-back !!!

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Is this a joke? Hasselbeck is far past his prime, Wilson is our franchise QB. Unless we can invent a time machine that brings Hasselbeck back in his 2005 form he is never starting another game for us.

seabowl

Reaction score
RunTheBall":74dshta1 said:
Is this a joke? Hasselbeck is far past his prime, Wilson is our franchise QB. Unless we can invent a time machine that brings Hasselbeck back in his 2005 form he is never starting another game for us.

7 posts? I would say it was a joke. Lock him out!!!!'

Steve2222

Reaction score
RunTheBall":hdkef3sb said:

I can't believe you took his post serious.

He was obviously joking. And also, Hasselbeck on his finest day in his prime still wouldn't start over present day Wilson.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Steve2222":18hxk3qf said:
RunTheBall":18hxk3qf said:

He was obviously joking. And also, Hasselbeck on his finest day in his prime still wouldn't start over present day Wilson.
Yeah I would probably take Wilson too, but Hasselbeck was very good in his prime. Obviously Wilson's mobility gives him the edge.

sutz

Reaction score
Steve2222":2al55xoo said:
RunTheBall":2al55xoo said:

In Holmgren's offense, he might. Matt fit that offense well. He'd never make it in the current scheme IMHO. I suspect Holmie would treat Wilson much like he did Wallace. He was pretty set in his ways.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
qmuddy2":3cwmf5y3 said:
all this started after we let matt hasselbeck go !!! he wants to come back !!!! Wilson can be the backup qb and he can also be another half-back !!!
troll_detected.png

GO AWAY TROLL!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":23tgttvn said:
qmuddy2":23tgttvn said:
troll_detected.png

GO AWAY TROLL!
Yep, this isnt going to turn out good.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean I can make it interesting and say Russell is 100x the QB Matt ever was, someone will disagree with me and be mad cuz I also didn't see anything great about Hasselbeck when he was our QB...

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
qmuddy2":z3b9tx95 said:

Some people are funny. You are not one of those people. Go away.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sutz":24778a3h said:
In Holmgren's offense, he might. Matt fit that offense well. He'd never make it in the current scheme IMHO. I suspect Holmie would treat Wilson much like he did Wallace. He was pretty set in his ways.
Wait, we're not still a pure West Coast offense? I hear talking heads say we're a West Coast offense. I'm confused.

NFLFan45

Reaction score
qmuddy2":3iq6d0nw said:

Gotta be a troll post.

Wilson as a HB?? Get real.

QB's that can run (scramble) can't just be placed at RB.

I like how people think guys like Vick (back in the day) or the new crop of scramblers like Wilson, Kap, RG3 or even Tebow could move to RB simply because they are effective runners from the QB position. They wouldn't be NFL caliber RB's. Not even close.

More often then not these guys are taking off against man coverage when the defenders backs are to them. Are they elusive in the backfield against DL? sure, but making a few guys miss in the backfield or taking off against man coverage is a lot different then lining up at RB and running the ball from that position. RB's don't slide when they are about to be tackled. RB's aren't protected like these scramblers either. RB's can't run downfeild and then slide at the very last second hoping to draw an extra 15 yards on a PF.

Wilson, Kap, RG3 can be effective running the ball as QB's. Saying any of them could play RB is absurd.

I've seen folks on this board say "Wilson is more elusive then 90% of backs in the league" Really? So if he couldn't slide at the last second (which takes some aggressiveness away from the defenders) , You think he'd still be as elusive?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Throwdown":97ltgvxd said:
I mean I can make it interesting and say Russell is 100x the QB Matt ever was, someone will disagree with me and be mad cuz I also didn't see anything great about Hasselbeck when he was our QB...

Hass handed the ball off to Alexander pretty dang well....I think.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I agree with this post. Who knows how many Superb Owls we would have won with Elisabeth Hasselbeck at the helm.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
We would need the likes of Dr. Herbert West (re-animator) for something like this.