Question about parking on Nov 17

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
We are flying up for the game. We must get back to the airport right away since we need to catch the last plane to orange county. Any ideas on a location where you can park and quickly get out to the airport following the game?

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
good luck with that - but there is a garage right by safeco for 40 bucks and I was able to get out pretty quickly. . . . . .just not to the airport (99 is right there, though)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Light Rail would be a good choice, but IF you park in the Safeco Lot, just park on the 3rd level. Park towards the exit, so when you get to your car, you're quickly out of there, and you can get on to I-90, and hit I-5 South.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the light rail suggestion is actually pretty strong. Depending on what you are doing, you could return your rental car in the morning in Tukwila at the airport, get light rail up to the stadium, go to the game, and take light rail back down to the airport. It's about 30 minutes one way, but you are virtually assured of that timing, as opposed to getting stuck in traffic.

nsport

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2qseb1sh said:
Yeah, the light rail suggestion is actually pretty strong. Depending on what you are doing, you could return your rental car in the morning in Tukwila at the airport, get light rail up to the stadium, go to the game, and take light rail back down to the airport. It's about 30 minutes one way, but you are virtually assured of that timing, as opposed to getting stuck in traffic.

This would be the best option... the reason I say that is SeaTac recently went to off-airport rental car center - so it takes an extra 10-15 mins to get into the terminal when you drive a rental. Last direct flight to SNA is at 7:45 PM - you will have PLENTY of time to make it no matter where you park. Worst case scenario be to the airport by 6:45 and you won't have a problem - the game will be over by 4:30. Shoot, you have time for a couple celebratory beers after the game!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I dont remember what this building is called but it's where I always park when I need to drive tot he game (usually we take the sounder but that doesn't work for every game, like prime time starts).

It's 40 bucks but it's not too bad to get out of if you either want to head south or want to get on I-90. You take a right out of the lot and another right on to Seattle blvd. S and that goes right to 90.

It takes a little time to get out but its usually steady enough. obviously the lower you park the sooner your'e going to get out, and the earlier you get there the easier it is to park. Level 3 is the street level.

The only issue with this garage is that it closes around 10 so if you're planning on staying late and partying it's a no-go. Also some jackass pulled the fire alarm after the niners game so we were stuck in there for a long time while they sorted it out.

Clinkpark zpsed597549

Anguish

Reaction score
This is the garage I usually park in. $12 and directly onto 99 south toward the airport as soon as you leave the garage. Almost no traffic.
Columbia St Parking

Subzero717

Reaction score
There is a park and ride from the park and fly at the airport. I'm not sure how fast they get you back. Should be worth looking into but you are relying on other. Other than that stay soith of the stadium and you should be okay. A few blocks of walking saves time.

OP
OP
T

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
nsport":iew3dx03 said:
BocciHawk":iew3dx03 said:

This would be the best option... the reason I say that is SeaTac recently went to off-airport rental car center - so it takes an extra 10-15 mins to get into the terminal when you drive a rental. Last direct flight to SNA is at 7:45 PM - you will have PLENTY of time to make it no matter where you park. Worst case scenario be to the airport by 6:45 and you won't have a problem - the game will be over by 4:30. Shoot, you have time for a couple celebratory beers after the game!!

So if I did have a rental car and parked it some of the recommended locations "and" I didn't stop for a few brews after the game, I could still return the car and make the flight?

Thank's to everyone for the good info. We will be in the area around 9 am so should have some good opportunities to park or to return the rental if that is what I should do.

OP
OP
T

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Anguish":3i71h2i4 said:
This is the garage I usually park in. $12 and directly onto 99 south toward the airport as soon as you leave the garage. Almost no traffic.

This is the place for us. We will be getting over to Seattle around 9 am. Is that a good time to grab one of these spots or should I arrive earlier? Whatever it takes.