Robinson might be out a couple of weeks

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Man, the injuries and illnesses are piling up...

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny
FB Mike Robinson had a virus that hit him pretty hard. Might be a couple weeks before he's ready to play for the #Seahawks.

On the plus side, Pete said Zach Miller and James Carpenter will play tomorrow night.

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't want to see Zach Miller out there tomorrow, AT ALL.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, doesn't 'a couple of weeks' kind of line up with opening day?

:)

C-Dub

Reaction score
Wow. I thought he would save Miller for the regular season. Good news with him.

If it were me Carpenter is playing for a roster spot. He needs to stay healthy tomorrow.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Right, a virus. Its called 'pay-cut', lots of vets catch it.

The way Pete talked about FB on KJR the other day, def sounds like they are ready to move forward without him.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
He caught a nasty virus. It can take time for him to regain his strength and energy. I'm sure he lost some weight.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I didn't hear but I would assume maybe your reading a little too much into it. We are under cap now. What would be the point of cutting him this year?

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1o9iam01 said:
Am I the only one that get's a sick/nervous feeling in their stomach when it says that Carpenter will play tomorrow night?

Why though? Carpenter playing is a bonus, we've done fine without him. It's like finding out that hot girl's really a tranny...it's icing baby.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
pehawk":3nboyuqi said:
peachesenregalia":3nboyuqi said:
Am I the only one that get's a sick/nervous feeling in their stomach when it says that Carpenter will play tomorrow night?

Why though? Carpenter playing is a bonus, we've done fine without him. It's like finding out that hot girl's really a tranny...it's icing baby.

It's icing to find out she's a tranny?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3qt3xvoo said:

The way Pete talked about FB on KJR the other day, def sounds like they are ready to move forward without him.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

sutz

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1f5eumcz said:
I didn't hear but I would assume maybe your reading a little too much into it. We are under cap now. What would be the point of cutting him this year?
Seems to be a running theme around here, that we just have to cut some starter/valuable player. I'm not sure why, with us being on a potential SB run, we would want to start ditching important contributors.

And all for some chimeric 'future salary cap' ramifications. I put it all in the same category of those who advocate throwing games to improve draft position. They play a few seasons as a fantasy team owner and think they can apply the 'lessons' learned there to the real world or something.

Back in the day, after the whole Walter Jones thing settled out, for a few years a lot of people starting asking, "Who do we franchise this season?" like it was some requirement or something. No, you don't have to franchise tag anyone if you don't have to. The most important question there is "Why?" would you franchise someone if you don't need to. In this case, the most important question is still "Why should we cut someone if there is no immediate need under the cap?" If you do have money to roll over, that's nice. But you don't sacrifice this season just to have a 'better' position next season. You worry about next year's cap after February or so.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":fspylvw8 said:
Man, the injuries and illnesses are piling up...

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny
FB Mike Robinson had a virus that hit him pretty hard. Might be a couple weeks before he's ready to play for the #Seahawks.

On the plus side, Pete said Zach Miller and James Carpenter will play tomorrow night.

I agree something is up. Perhaps a take it or get cut offer. He has hardly played all preseason and now this. That he is better but still a couple weeks away. Huh? Can any of the backs we have block? Our rookie is a work in progress and Turbin I am unsure of as a blocker.

pehawk

Reaction score
Word, Sutz!

Talking about "rollover cap room" makes you sound smart, apparently? I know that's why I, and a lot of others, say it.

Good post, ol timer. True bill...

TCS

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1p33ncjr said:

Robinson isn't just the FB for this team, he's a leader. Talented youth is fine, but veteran leadership is nothing to scoff at. The only place Robinson is going this year is to the SB with the hawks.

Go Hawks!

tcs

BillHawks

Reaction score
It's a strange situation. I never even considered cutting him as an option until I read people suggest it on here. Now I read way too much into stuff like this. Logically, if you were forced to cut someone for future cap reasons (they're not) it would be him or Sidney.

Is it possible that they asked him to take a pay cut? Is that something that can be negotiated at any time? My inner conspiracy theorist is going crazy over this because of all the coachspeak.

kearly

Reaction score
Bummer. If Robinson has any chance to miss week 1, then you can pencil Coleman in for the roster, meaning that Ware will most likely be on some other team's roster next month. As much as I think losing Ware would be a mistake, what actually bugs me more is relying on Coleman's sub par lead blocking in real games. Carolina's defense is tough as nails, and strong against the run. With Coleman in there, the odds that we'll see another Miami type loss increase (Seattle lost the Miami game because Pete wouldn't back down against their elite run defense).

Even if Robinson does play, the fact that Seattle seems okay with his potential absence is a pretty big tell that they've already penciled Coleman in for the roster. Oh well.

Cartire

Reaction score
You guys really did read into this way to much. Robinson actually has been really sick. And when you get hit hard with a bug, your body regresses. Even just 3 days out of the Gym can make it really hard to get back to 100% in a short amount of time.

I garuntee he's probably lost at least 10 pounds. Its gonna take time to come back.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Robinson has been telling media people he's sick, how in the hell did this turn into "HE'S GETTING CUT"? You guys suck.