Robinson might be out a couple of weeks

Johnny

Reaction score
C-Dub":cvgprbov said:
Johnny":cvgprbov said:
C-Dub":cvgprbov said:
If it were me Carpenter is playing for a roster spot. He needs to stay healthy tomorrow.

Why?, When out there last year he showed to be a force... and it was just the re-injury of that knee that took his starting spot.... not his skill-set.
That's exactly why. Being injured does nothing for the team and wastes a roster spot for solid potential.

That's why they made up the IR list those player don't count against the 53 man roster... and IMO Carp is still "solid potential"...

Just put it this way.... If the Hawks gave up on Okung after his first two years, We would have miss out on a pro bowl LT....

sc85sis

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":xgdkae2w said:
Mike Rob is a leader, and a good fullback. He is not the best fullback in the league, but he is paid like it. He plays less than 30% of all offensive snaps. Is it worth carrying him on the 53, and wait out his sickness? Considering how valuable a spot is this season, odds seem hugely stacked against him.
Some people seem to be forgetting that Mike is also a key ST guy.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
sc85sis":g7pdvkds said:
Coug_Hawk08":g7pdvkds said:
Mike Rob is a leader, and a good fullback. He is not the best fullback in the league, but he is paid like it. He plays less than 30% of all offensive snaps. Is it worth carrying him on the 53, and wait out his sickness? Considering how valuable a spot is this season, odds seem hugely stacked against him.
Some people seem to be forgetting that Mike is also a key ST guy.

Both Coleman and Ware have shown very well on ST. Mike lifts right out, lbh.

MRobs value to ST is overstated. Show me the facts that back up how 'key' he is.

kearly

Reaction score
12th_Bob":3jwi71bc said:
We lost the Miami game on defense not offense, and without a roughing call Seattle wins.

Carolina defense doesn't scare me either.

We might lose anyway without the ET penalty.

What killed us was having Lynch plow away for 2 yards a carry instead of letting Wilson control the game. Wilson set a record for consecutive completed passes in that game, and Pete still stuck to his stubborn "establish the run" philosophy even though Miami had the NFL's #1 run defense. After the game, Pete apologized and said the loss was totally on him while intimating that he was too intent on running the football in a situation that clearly dictated passing the ball more.

If you aren't scared of the Panthers defense, you haven't seen their stats since Kuechly moved to MLB, and you haven't watched him morph into JJ Watt the MLB this preseason. Their additions at DT look good- that front seven is sick. They are far better than the defense we faced last year and that defense kept us out of the endzone until the 4th quarter.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawks46":2uvc6a8n said:
I liked what I saw in the GB game. We started out with 3 and 4 wide, and just threw the ball at first. I hope we do the same thing in Carolina, as that secondary is among the worst in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I want to see us pummel teams into submission..but I'd like us to do something they don't expect us to do. Especially with our interior OL against their elite DL.

I remember when the Vikings had the best run defense in the NFL. They played the Patriots, and ol' Bill started them out going 5 wide and just flew down the field. After a few drives, the run was available.

Excellent points. You didn't even mention it, but on that first drive Seattle couldn't run the ball at all, mostly because Raji was having his way with Unger. But like you said, most of their plays were passes and up until the huge Matthews sack, they looked destined to score a TD. After that first drive Unger turned the tables and pretty much had his way with Raji the rest of the game. Maybe Green Bay was cheating vs. the run on that first drive? It seemed like Green Bay upped their blitzes after that first drive too.

formido

Reaction score
kearly":g550we1r said:
12th_Bob":g550we1r said:
We lost the Miami game on defense not offense, and without a roughing call Seattle wins.

What killed us was having Lynch plow away for 2 yards a carry instead of letting Wilson control the game. Wilson set a record for consecutive completed passes in that game, and Pete still stuck to his stubborn "establish the run" philosophy even though Miami had the NFL's #1 run defense. After the game, Pete apologized and said the loss was totally on him while intimating that he was too intent on running the football in a situation that clearly dictated passing the ball more.

If you aren't scared of the Panthers defense, you haven't seen their stats since Kuechly moved to MLB, and you haven't watched him morph into JJ Watt the MLB this preseason. Their additions at DT look good- that front seven is sick. They are far better than the defense we faced last year and that defense kept us out of the endzone until the 4th quarter.

They have a great front 7, but Philly embarrassed them two weeks ago. I watched that game and the Eagles should have scored on every drive with their 1s in, both Vick and Foles. I hope Carroll was taking notes. He's had Kelly to Seahawks practices and he understands the rationale behind Kelly's offensive concepts much better than most. I hope, as you note, he doesn't try to run it down Carolina's throats if it's not there. Carolina's D needs to be kept off-balance.

For what it's worth, Kuechly got a -1.5 from PFF for that game, so hopefully that means he can be neutralized with good scheming. On the other hand, much like we might quibble over PFF's grading of ET, Carolina's game thread was full of praise for Kuechly (at least early):

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/8/ ... #178670597

It's an interesting read.

formido

Reaction score
Also, McCoy gouged Carolina as they continually got him the ball in space to use his exceptional cut back ability. This is one game when Harvin would have really come in handy.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I dont buy this. Not that he didnt get a virus. Im just saying I think if opening day was tomorrow,,,,,,,,Rob plays. JMO

Lady Talon

Reaction score
kearly":1jkl97ct said:
12th_Bob":1jkl97ct said:

We were a shell of the team we are now when we faced Carolina in week 5 of 2012.

Bevell was still making RW take baby steps with the offensive playbook. It was the first game of the season that RW passed for more than 160 yards in a game.

Breno had about 2 holding calls that erased large offensive gains in that game and killed momentum, if I remember right.

Edit- 1 hold, 1 late hit.

Danny O'Neil @dannyoneil

#Seahawks have 92 yards of offense in first quarter; Breno Giacomini has cost #Seahawks 81 yards in penalties and lost plays.

The TD was at 00:35 in the 3rd, but close enough to the 4th quarter I guess.

I get the any given Sunday factor and have little doubt Carolina improved since we met, fair enough although preseason offenses are quite a bit different then regular season ones, defense is a little easier since offenses aren't playing team ball as much as showcasing matchups as to evaluate players. But the Hawks took a quantum leap forward the last half of 2012 compared to week 5, little reason to assume our offense will be playing with the same limitations as the last meeting.