Robinson might be out a couple of weeks

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Those guys are out because there is nothing left for them to prove, in addition to any injuries.

On Robinson, I'd say there is a good chance he is ready for the opener.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I agree with everything Scottemojo says. No need to risk our only decent 1-tech or a guy that looks to be paired with Mebane on the inside if Bennett is bounced to the 9-tech to injury in the fourth preseason game.

The only starters I really want to see are on offense. I want Wilson to get some more reps in with Tate and to see Miller get a series or two to knock the rust off. It wouldn't hurt whoever our starting guards will be to get in some more work, too, especially Sweezy, who is still making the transition from defense.

Lynch can have a seat, though.

Sturm

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":uglmvg8y said:
Re: Robinson might be out a couple of weeks

You say his name like we're supposed to know who he is.

drdiags

Reaction score
I thought Pete said he wanted to see if McDaniel could repeat his ability to play consecutive games? Yeah, if it was the regular season he might play but for awhile it was sounding like Pete wasn't sure he could trust McDaniel to stay healthy. I guess his performance against the Packers was enough to sell them that he is good to go?

We will know more come game week. Then we will see if this was something that could be blown off as a non-factor.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1wo6tbzq said:
Throwdown":1wo6tbzq said:
Robinson has been telling media people he's sick, how in the hell did this turn into "HE'S GETTING CUT"? You guys suck.

We are not the only ones that think something * may * be up. Listen to the GM interview on Brock and Danny. He seems really stressed out

@bcondotta: And to add on Michael Robinson, Carroll says they know it's a "virus'' that him him pretty hard'' ...

@bcondotta: ... but they are "dealing with some intricacies'' of it and that's what they have to wait out now.

Hard decisions need to made or as the GM says "hard decisions have to be made for the '14" and " who will be under contract "

It may not be MRob. It sounds like a veteran

Ok just listened to the interview. He sounded like himself. He always speaks in that slow monotonous tone. It just sounded like normal JS to me. Can't really think of a more stressful time for a GM than this or the Draft but i don't take anything unusual from the interview.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Blitzer88":16chcz19 said:
Crap.....not good for us. Injuries are really starting to stack up.

Preseason injuries are different than regular season injuries. Seems like we're on par with most other teams as far as how many the team has.

justafan

Reaction score
I cant see them being that stressed out about the cuts.It had to have been more stressfull hoping other teams cut players you need than to have the luxury of cutting good players you dont.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Throwdown":1nn0bweb said:
Robinson has been telling media people he's sick, how in the hell did this turn into "HE'S GETTING CUT"? You guys suck.
I concur.

themunn

Reaction score
people saying this is coachspeak or whatever blah blah

has nobody else been wondering why there's been no real rob report the last few weeks?
the statement that he's been sick ties in with the fact that we haven't heard from him at all

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's crazy time around here and the cap rollover guys are ridding the team of talent so the team will have cap flexibility next year. Coach Smith has said Robinson is not getting cut. I'm one that will be really surprised if MRob is cut.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Next year will take care of itself and there are lots of contracts that will need to be redone before then.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkFan72":11jqrkdx said:
pehawk":11jqrkdx said:
peachesenregalia":11jqrkdx said:
Am I the only one that get's a sick/nervous feeling in their stomach when it says that Carpenter will play tomorrow night?

Why though? Carpenter playing is a bonus, we've done fine without him. It's like finding out that hot girl's really a tranny...it's icing baby.

It's icing to find out she's a tranny?
How long have you been on this board? :cool: this surprises you? :mrgreen:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
For those who want to make the argument that we should cut Robinson to save cap room, those same arguments can be used on Lynch (and even more so since we have Michael). Do you want to cut Lynch? No? Then maybe stop talking about cutting MRob to save a few million in cap space. You don't get rid of a guy that was instrumental to building the current program.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cartire":2j9rrrur said:
You guys really did read into this way to much. Robinson actually has been really sick. And when you get hit hard with a bug, your body regresses. Even just 3 days out of the Gym can make it really hard to get back to 100% in a short amount of time.

I garuntee he's probably lost at least 10 pounds. Its gonna take time to come back.

Or maybe you read to little or not at all. Pete said that Robinson was very sick and that they were still trying to figure out what's ailing him. This from a coach that normally takes injuries with a grain of salt, reaction wise.

Johnny

Reaction score
C-Dub":2f5ro9ak said:
If it were me Carpenter is playing for a roster spot. He needs to stay healthy tomorrow.

Why?, When out there last year he showed to be a force... and it was just the re-injury of that knee that took his starting spot.... not his skill-set.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":wl15s5n8 said:
Bummer. If Robinson has any chance to miss week 1, then you can pencil Coleman in for the roster, meaning that Ware will most likely be on some other team's roster next month. As much as I think losing Ware would be a mistake, what actually bugs me more is relying on Coleman's sub par lead blocking in real games. Carolina's defense is tough as nails, and strong against the run. With Coleman in there, the odds that we'll see another Miami type loss increase (Seattle lost the Miami game because Pete wouldn't back down against their elite run defense).

Even if Robinson does play, the fact that Seattle seems okay with his potential absence is a pretty big tell that they've already penciled Coleman in for the roster. Oh well.

I liked what I saw in the GB game. We started out with 3 and 4 wide, and just threw the ball at first. I hope we do the same thing in Carolina, as that secondary is among the worst in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I want to see us pummel teams into submission..but I'd like us to do something they don't expect us to do. Especially with our interior OL against their elite DL.

I remember when the Vikings had the best run defense in the NFL. They played the Patriots, and ol' Bill started them out going 5 wide and just flew down the field. After a few drives, the run was available.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Johnny":3l0bjtlm said:
C-Dub":3l0bjtlm said:
If it were me Carpenter is playing for a roster spot. He needs to stay healthy tomorrow.

Why?, When out there last year he showed to be a force... and it was just the re-injury of that knee that took his starting spot.... not his skill-set.
That's exactly why. Being injured does nothing for the team and wastes a roster spot for solid potential.