Seahawks-Redskins head ref will be Pete Morelli

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
File this one under 'waaaaay too P&J'd about this game,' but I awoke from a nightmare last night that Carey was assigned to our matchup. Yikes. I found the zebras website because I had to do a search to make sure the dream hadn't come true.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Carey's reputation is pretty bad but what's worse is the prejudice is statistically backed up. The NFL should never allow this to happen.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
drastik":1irhrwkn said:
birdman5":1irhrwkn said:
The official arguing with D.Hall called him the N-Word, which is why Hall exploded on him.

Several Redskins players confirmed it after the NFL did it's investigation process. It will be interesting to see if that altercation has any impact on Sunday's game.
Allegedly. Look it up. Weighed in the balance, Deangelo Hall is hardly credible. Besides, throwing Deangelo Hall out is doing the Skins a big favor. He stinks.

drastik

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ej8f6w5p said:
drastik":ej8f6w5p said:
birdman5":ej8f6w5p said:
The official arguing with D.Hall called him the N-Word, which is why Hall exploded on him.

Several Redskins players confirmed it after the NFL did it's investigation process. It will be interesting to see if that altercation has any impact on Sunday's game.

Was there any evidence to prove that the ref said this? I just think it would be rare for a ref at this level in a game played predominantly by African Americans to use a racial slur like that. OF COURSE his teammates will back him up. Was the ref suspended or fined or found guilty at all? Elaborate, please, because this smells like dogshit to me, and Hall using the race card when he was just acting like a punk.

Basically, what happened was Deangelo and a Pittsburgh WR were tussling a bit during a running play. No big deal at all and the players were not even doing any trash talking or any after the whistle activities. The official comes over after the players begin to separate and says something to D.Hall that makes him go absolutely ballistic. There are no camera angles that show the official's mouth, so I think the official dodged a serious bullet.

When the incident first happened, Hall was quiet on the subject for about a week. He and Shanahan both said they could not comment on it until the NFL completed it's investigation. Once the investigation ended, DeAngelo was fined $30,000, but not suspended. DeAngelo then was able to speak about the incident and stated the ref called him a racial slur, and that he wished he had gotten his personal lawyer to represent him instead of the NFLPA.

Several Redskins players were interviewed and confirmed that the official used "inappropriate language" toward D.Hall.

You can see the entire confrontation here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... l-ejection

drastik

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3h5t7r89 said:
So, there was no evidence and the ref was never punished. So Hall was just acting like his usual dumb-ass punk self. Alright then.
I think you're being just a tad bias against him. D.Hall has a well known and well deserved rap for being a fiery player, so I can understand it somewhat.

In the play though, DHall and Emannuel Sanders weren't even doing anything "extra-curricular". Routine play. The official comes over and all of a sudden DHall goes crazy? Something isn't right about that. Not to mention you have other players saying the official said something, and Mike Shanahan insinuating the same sentiment.

DHall is the type of player who tries to get under folks skin, like a lesser version of Cortland Finnegan. Because of that, he's going to get a notorious rap around the league among fans... thats 100% fair.

Yet he's never randomly attacked an official before, this was not coincidental... in my opinion.