Falcons game will be at 4:25 PM ET Saturday Jan 14

Erebus

Reaction score
The NFCCG won't be a 10 AM game either, but would be a 12 PM PST start time (no matter where its played), if we make it that far.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
we will get bye the Lions, however I am afraid Atlanta will hammer us. JMHO

M.M.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
For some reason I don't fear ATL at all . Im rooting for the giants to get to the NFC championship against us in Seattle and do all the heavy lifting along the way .That happens we are going back to the big one book it

Optimus25

Reaction score
Marlin Man":3shqvshg said:

M.M.

Nothing about their resume suggests that.

Nothing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fear Atlanta? Why? The Hawks have a TON of talent and playoff experience. The Falcons can be beat, even in Atlanta.
Bring it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1kzid0j3 said:
For some reason I don't fear ATL at all . Im rooting for the giants to get to the NFC championship against us in Seattle and do all the heavy lifting along the way .That happens we are going back to the big one book it

I like this :ditto:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Optimus25":262esgo0 said:
Marlin Man":262esgo0 said:

M.M.

Nothing.

Yeah we've hammered quite a few teams this year.

Saints by 13, Panthers by 15, Bucs by 15, Cardinals by 19, (yes, those Cardinals), Rams by 28, 49ers by 28, Panthers again by 17.

The Seahawks games against all of those opponents with the exception of the Panthers were a lot closer and 4 of them were losses right?

Anyway, I dunno if we'd hammer the Seahawks but I like our chances to win by at least a TD at home vs a team with a banged up D and an offense that's been up and down all season.

Good luck Saturday night.

Optimus25

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":mky2clvk said:
Optimus25":mky2clvk said:
Marlin Man":mky2clvk said:

M.M.

Nothing.

Saints by 13, Panthers by 15, Bucs by 15, Cardinals by 19, (yes, those Cardinals), Rams by 28, 49ers by 28, Panthers again by 17.

The Seahawks games against all of those opponents with the exception of the Panthers were a lot closer and 4 of them were losses right?

Anyway, I dunno if we'd hammer the Seahawks but I like our chances to win by at least a TD at home vs a team with a banged up D and an offense that's been up and down all season.

Ok, let's play we beat them and they beat so and so therefore....

Noticed that chargers game L on your schedule...

Who was Cleveland's only win this year?

You can trump your horn for days about this season but nothing about your season speaks to ''hammering'' this Seahawks team, and just like I posted elsewhere I will be highly, highly surprised if Vegas even gives us 3 when the book opens.

The rams, saints, Panthers, and those cardinals are not the Wilson playoff version Seahawks by a mile.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Optimus25":2g57udp9 said:

I know man! Cleveland is the best team in the NFL! You know why?

Cleveland beat San Diego who beat Atlanta who beat Green Bay who beat the New York Giants who beat Dallas! Twice!

True story!

BTW, my post didn't have anything to do with who beat who... I was more talking about the margin of victory which is why I posted the margin of victory in a response to "Atlanta doesn't blow anyone out. Their resume doesn't suggest that."

Not sure what Atlanta team you're talking about but it must not be the the 2016 team.

If a team like the Seahawks who couldn't run on the team with the worst run D in the league (49ers last week) and whose leading rusher plays for the Packers comes into our house and knocks off the most explosive offense in the NFL I will tip my cap and wish you luck in the NFCCG.

That's pretty much it...

Optimus25":2g57udp9 said:
You can trump your horn for days about this season but nothing about your season speaks to ''hammering'' this Seahawks team, and just like I posted elsewhere I will be highly, highly surprised if Vegas even gives us 3 when the book opens.

The rams, saints, Panthers, and those cardinals are not the Wilson playoff version Seahawks by a mile.

I was never trumping my horn... I merely posted margins of victory in response to "Atlanta's resume doesn't suggest." Nah man, we've only blown out half the teams on our schedule but we don't have a history of doing that this season?

Ok?

Never said we'd blow out the Seahawks but like I said beat us in our house and I'll tip my cap. We're healthy, hungry, and on a roll entering the playoffs. Right time of year to be in that position.

Good luck.

Optimus25

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3evd1aaq said:
Optimus25":3evd1aaq said:

I know man! Cleveland is the best team in the NFL! You know why?

Cleveland beat San Diego who beat Atlanta who beat Green Bay who beat the New York Giants who beat Dallas! Twice!

True story!

BTW, my post didn't have anything to do with who beat who... I was more talking about the margin of victory which is why I posted the margin of victory in a response to "Atlanta doesn't blow anyone out. Their resume doesn't suggest that."

Not sure what Atlanta team you're talking about but it must not be the the 2016 team.

If a team like the Seahawks who couldn't run on the team with the worst run D in the league (49ers last week) and whose leading rusher plays for the Packers comes into our house and knocks off the most explosive offense in the NFL I will tip my cap and wish you luck in the NFCCG.

That's pretty much it...

Optimus25":3evd1aaq said:

I was never trumping my horn... I merely posted margins of victory in response to "Atlanta's resume doesn't suggest." Nah man, we've only blown out half the teams on our schedule but we don't have a history of doing that this season?

Ok?

Never said we'd blow out the Seahawks but like I said beat us in our house and I'll tip my cap. We're healthy, hungry, and on a roll entering the playoffs. Right time of year to be in that position.

Good luck.

To clarify i was just suggesting that none of those '' margins'', which i studied every Atlanta win personally to gage my own personal confidence level next week, is anything i feel warranted fans around here to feel like we're going to get hammered whatsoever. ( recall we're having this conversation because my fellow hawks fan said he felt we would get hammered in Atlanta.) I also believe Vegas will agree. So it was 40% saying, wins schmins. I'm not as impressed as everyone else, and 60% saying we have an equally talented roster with far more playoff experience. Pointing to blow out wins over non playoff teams in light of the fact that Russell Wilson has been blown out 1 time in his entire career is just putting oranges in the Apple cart.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Is this an NFC south thing because Falcons fans sound remarkably like Panthers fans from 12 months a go. Full of bravado that ultimately ends up in failure and then a drop back into perpetual obscurity.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Optimus25":hl9ex0n4 said:
Pointing to blow out wins over non playoff teams in light of the fact that Russell Wilson has been blown out 1 time in his entire career is just putting oranges in the Apple cart.

I was pointing to blowout wins in response to your "nothing on the Atlanta resume suggests a blowout" when we've blown out half the teams on our schedule.

Doesn't mean we'll blow out Seattle but c'mon man... at least Google the Falcons scores before you post about them.

I'm actually more surprised that some of the fans here think your team is perfectly fine and will make the Super Bowl than I am reading comments from fans who say they'll lose to Atlanta. I saw one post where someone said "I think Atlanta is gonna murder us."

I personally don't... but still think we win. Most do. There's a reason Seattle isn't the favorite (in Vegas and wherever else) to win the Super Bowl this year and it has to do with Seattle's performance this season... not Atlanta or anyone else in the playoffs.

Speaking of carts, this entire thread is the cart before the horse. But I guess you have a reason to be optimistic being Seattle hasn't lost a home playoff game under Carroll.

Seattle also hasn't won a road divisional game since 1983, but we won't go there just yet.

UK_Seahawk":hl9ex0n4 said:
Is this an NFC south thing because Falcons fans sound remarkably like Panthers fans from 12 months a go. Full of bravado that ultimately ends up in failure and then a drop back into perpetual obscurity.

I don't like Scam Newton or the Stains or Crab Leg Winston anymore than you.

Definitely not a NFC South thing but I do think it's funny you guys are doing the same thing in this thread you did last year to the Carolina fans. Carolina had no chance... their 15-1 record wasn't legit because they played a weak schedule... Seattle was gonna go in there and beat them... yada yada yada.

Can't really use that against the Atlanta fans though... Atlanta went 11-5 with the 5 losses by a combined 22 points playing THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE in the NFL this season. I'd say we're battle tested although in the end I really don't care about all that.

I'm just glad we're healthy for this playoff run.

Ya'll ready?

northseahawk

Reaction score
Falcons are a great team and a better team than us this year. Have to admit it. They match up against us really well, especially now without ET!

Yes Defenses win games in the playoffs, but this Seahawks defense is nothing of the defense from the last few years.

If we win, its gana take more than the usual effort from the defense, more than the usual 20 yards/1 first down of offense in the first half, and shutting down Julio by R. Sherman (which i doubt he can shut down anyone anymore, let alone Julio).

themunn

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2e7vh7bk said:
Optimus25":2e7vh7bk said:
Marlin Man":2e7vh7bk said:

M.M.

Nothing.

None of those teams are good enough to suggest you could do it to the Seahawks though. The Bucs are the only team there with a winning record - and they already beat you this season.

The Hawks have only lost one blow-out game in the last 5 years and that was in a game where Wilson threw 5 interceptions, so yeah, nothing to me in the Falcons record suggests they can blow out the Seahawks, particularly given Seattle's 3-1 record against playoff teams versus Atlanta's 2-2 record.

Not to suggest that Atlanta aren't a good team that are capable of beating Seattle, but if they do it will be a close one. If we even beat Detroit, that is.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
northseahawk said:
Falcons are a great team and a better team than us this year. Have to admit it. They match up against us really well, especially now without ET!

Yes Defenses win games in the playoffs, but this Seahawks defense is nothing of the defense from the last few years.

If we win, its gana take more than the usual effort from the defense, more than the usual 20 yards/1 first down of offense in the first half, and shutting down Julio by R. Sherman (which i doubt he can shut down anyone anymore, let alone Julio).[/quote

Seattle beat Atlanta and has essentially the same record.

Feel free to claim Atlanta superior I guess. Playoffs are a whole different season, and those of us who have been watching football for More than a season or three have seen plenty of trendy "hot" teams lose coming off their opening round bye.

Many of us are overly emotional coming off the last few weeks. Hawks may very well lose, but we as fans should be experienced enough by now not to fall for the over-reactions that are typical of the week to week roller coaster of the NFL. Atlanta is good. So is Seattle. If we are able to beat Detroit it will be a great, evenly matched game.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
northseahawk":2o9jfwc6 said:

If we win, its gana take more than the usual effort from the defense, more than the usual 20 yards/1 first down of offense in the first half, and shutting down Julio by R. Sherman (which i doubt he can shut down anyone anymore, let alone Julio).

Thanks for the props. Good luck Saturday.

themunn":2o9jfwc6 said:
None of those teams are good enough to suggest you could do it to the Seahawks though. The Bucs are the only team there with a winning record - and they already beat you this season.

The Hawks have only lost one blow-out game in the last 5 years and that was in a game where Wilson threw 5 interceptions, so yeah, nothing to me in the Falcons record suggests they can blow out the Seahawks, particularly given Seattle's 3-1 record against playoff teams versus Atlanta's 2-2 record.

Not to suggest that Atlanta aren't a good team that are capable of beating Seattle, but if they do it will be a close one. If we even beat Detroit, that is.

The same Bucs team that Seattle lost to 14-5. That season opening loss by 7 to the Bucs was a lot uglier than the 15 point blowout when we played them the 2nd time.

... and nobody here said we were gonna blow out the Seahawks. One of your fans said something about it and then another responded saying "Atlanta doesn't have a history of doing that this season" when we most certainly do... half the teams on our schedule.

Doesn't mean we'll do it to Seattle though and I freely admit that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2t9c688n said:
northseahawk":2t9c688n said:

Thanks for the props. Good luck Saturday.

themunn":2t9c688n said:

The same Bucs team that Seattle lost to 14-5. That season opening loss by 7 to the Bucs was a lot uglier than the 15 point blowout when we played them the 2nd time.

... and nobody here said we were gonna blow out the Seahawks. One of your fans said something about it and then another responded saying "Atlanta doesn't have a history of doing that this season" when we most certainly do... half the teams on our schedule.

Doesn't mean we'll do it to Seattle though and I freely admit that.

Quit being so literal with what he said.

Maybe his use of the words "your resume" can be disputed, but you have done that plenty of times now.

The point of his statement is that our teams are evenly matched, Seattle rarely if ever gets blown out, and thus, it isn't going to happen.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3921hbap said:
Quit being so literal with what he said.

Maybe his use of the words "your resume" can be disputed, but you have done that plenty of times now.

The point of his statement is that our teams are evenly matched, Seattle rarely if ever gets blown out, and thus, it isn't going to happen.

My bad man... I see a post that says "I think Atlanta will hammer us" then I see a post that says "Nothing on their resume suggests that" when we've hammered half the teams on our schedule was deserving of a reply.

Maybe he should have said "Nothing on OUR resume suggests that" given your lack of blowout history??

At any rate, I wouldn't expect anything less than a close game. I'd say we are evenly matched on paper... but Atlanta is a lot healthier.