Falcons game will be at 4:25 PM ET Saturday Jan 14

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lwt2ikk said:
Fear Atlanta? Why? The Hawks have a TON of talent and playoff experience. The Falcons can be beat, even in Atlanta.
Bring it.

My thoughts, simply put.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":q1hgsqkm said:
Hawkpower":q1hgsqkm said:
Quit being so literal with what he said.

Maybe his use of the words "your resume" can be disputed, but you have done that plenty of times now.

The point of his statement is that our teams are evenly matched, Seattle rarely if ever gets blown out, and thus, it isn't going to happen.

My bad man... I see a post that says "I think Atlanta will hammer us" then I see a post that says "Nothing on their resume suggests that" when we've hammered half the teams on our schedule was deserving of a reply.

Maybe he should have said "Nothing on OUR resume suggests that" given your lack of blowout history??

At any rate, I wouldn't expect anything less than a close game. I'd say we are evenly matched on paper... but Atlanta is a lot healthier.

No, your response was justified in order to clarify the wording. But you also knew what he meant, so continuing to latch on to his word choice rather than his main point was unnecessary.

Perhaps you forget that we have already played each other. Its not like you need to educate us about your team. We got to know you just fine while beating you earlier this year.

PS: just got back from Atlanta for the Peach Bowl. First time visitor. Loved everything about the city. Can't wait to go back some day! I see you are living in the NW, but just thought I would throw that in there.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":28n6b6tp said:
Perhaps you forget that we have already played each other. Its not like you need to educate us about your team. We got to know you just fine while beating you earlier this year.

PS: just got back from Atlanta for the Peach Bowl. First time visitor. Loved everything about the city. Can't wait to go back some day!

Yep.. and I'm totally cool with the loss. 2 points on the road... questionable calls throughout the game... and had it been 5 mins longer we'd have won regardless of Sherman's armbar on Julio. Atlanta scored at will in the 2nd half and this was when you had Earl Thomas... and we both know that.

Can't wait for the rematch. My Christmas was made with the Seattle/Arizona game opening the door for the rematch in our house.

As for Atlanta... yeah it's a nice city. New stadium opens just in time for next season. Atlanta is also the host city for SB LIII. My only beef with Georgia is it's just too hot.

Cheers.

Mindsink

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1k2j226v said:
Yep.. and I'm totally cool with the loss. 2 points on the road... questionable calls throughout the game... and had it been 5 mins longer we'd have won regardless of Sherman's armbar on Julio. Atlanta scored at will in the 2nd half and this was when you had Earl Thomas... and we both know that.

You'd have won regardless? WTF? Were you watching the same game I was? Because the game I was watching saw your team get shut down the entire game, save for a trio of TDs in the 3rd quarter -- one of which was gifted due to a rare blown cover.

And scored at will in the 2nd half? Atlanta had three posessions in the 4th quarter which yielded a combined 24 total yards. TWENTY-FOUR. The same 4th quarter where Seattle had two scoring drives, a TD and FG. Again -- which game were you watching?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":22se0fpw said:
Hawkpower":22se0fpw said:

PS: just got back from Atlanta for the Peach Bowl. First time visitor. Loved everything about the city. Can't wait to go back some day!

Can't wait for the rematch. My Christmas was made with the Seattle/Arizona game opening the door for the rematch in our house.

As for Atlanta... yeah it's a nice city. New stadium opens just in time for next season. Atlanta is also the host city for SB LIII. My only beef with Georgia is it's just too hot.

Cheers.

Not sure what it is you are implying that "we both know" but that narrative was full of all kinds of amusement. Extend the game 5 minutes and you win? Lol. You also conveniently left off Julio's offensive PI earlier in the play, but I guess that is to be expected.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3bidg2po said:
[

Not sure what it is you are implying that "we both know" but that narrative was full of all kinds of amusement. Extend the game 5 minutes and you win? Lol. You also conveniently left off Julio's offensive PI earlier in the play, but I guess that is to be expected.

Not implying anything. Ya'll won, we lost. I've been over it for 2 months now. It was just one of 3 games Atlanta "should have" won this year... with KC and SD being the other 2.

6 points across 3 games from a 14-2 record. Oh well.

Anyway, Matt Ryan is licking his chops at the now Earl-less defense that will hopefully be coming to the GA Dome next week. You guys would say your secondary is significantly weaker correct?

I guess that bodes well for us. Atlanta loves to go deep... when we aren't handing the ball off to Freeman & Coleman.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2udgasx2 said:
Hawkpower":2udgasx2 said:
[

Not implying anything. Ya'll won, we lost. I've been over it for 2 months now. It was just one of 3 games Atlanta "should have" won this year... with KC and SD being the other 2.

6 points across 3 games from a 14-2 record. Oh well.

Anyway, Matt Ryan is licking his chops at the now Earl-less defense that will hopefully be coming to the GA Dome next week. You guys would say your secondary is significantly weaker correct?

I guess that bodes well for us. Atlanta loves to go deep... when we aren't handing the ball off to Freeman & Coleman.

Lets see....a Falcon fan living in the Northwest......having to deal with the nauseating blue friday and 12's stuff everywhere....feels like the Falcons were the better team and yet they lost anyway.

Doubt you are over it. Guys that are "over it" don't make 15 excuses for why they would have/should have/could have won.

Just admit it. You were hoping for this scenario the minute the game ended last fall. Now you are licking your chops praying for revenge....

However it sounds like you are letting that cloud your judgement a bit. Get excited over what you perceive to be an exploitable weakness if you want. Seattle and Pete are battle tested and experienced.

Its going to be a good (if we make it there) game. For your sake, hope you aren't full of disappointment and excuses again this time around. Confidence and excitement are great, until reality hits again....

A

Anonymous

Holy quote button, Batman.

I think I may have sprained a finger.

I think start times have been discussed here ad nauseum. But, it IS a good thing that playoff football has more late games. Historically, the Hawks play better in the dark. At least, that has been my observation.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1f2hsik1 said:
Lets see....a Falcon fan living in the Northwest......having to deal with the nauseating blue friday and 12's stuff everywhere....feels like the Falcons were the better team and yet they lost anyway.

Doubt you are over it.

Its going to be a good (if we make it there) game. For your sake, hope you aren't full of disappointment and excuses again this time around. Confidence and excitement are great, until reality hits again....

The NW isn't that bad. I'm quite happy here and don't miss the south. 12 stuff doesn't bother me and I do root for the Mariners.

I'm totally over the loss... and even got a good laugh when I came into work the next day and my co-workers had plastered 12 and LoB stuff all over my work area. Good times.

It was 1 game man... I'm not making any more excuses than you guys did after your loss in New Orleans when all I heard for a week was how the Seahawks had 8 penalties called and the Saints had none.

Every team gets screwed by the refs sooner or later... it just doesn't happen to the Seahawks at home. (Fail Mary, batted ball in endzone, Sherman's arm bar... etc) The New Orleans game was just karma.

I'll admit it would have been nauseating had that game ended up costing us the #2 seed... but thanks to Arizona... it didn't. All is good here. Believe me. I'm totally ready for the game next week... assuming Stafford doesn't beat you on Saturday. I don't expect him to... his pro career has been much like his college career at Georgia. Good, but not great... due to a poor supporting cast.

Never know though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Quick question for you. When that final play got dubbed as ONLY Sherm not getting the call at the end of the game, did any of the Falcons fans you know even mention the blatant hit to the head by Jones at the beginning of the play?
Just curious, it was hilarious how everyone in the media, including the actual highlight on Inside the NFL decided to just edit that part of it out. :roll:

Followthelegion

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1z0q3glq said:
Quick question for you. When that final play got dubbed as ONLY Sherm not getting the call at the end of the game, did any of the Falcons fans you know even mention the blatant hit to the head by Jones at the beginning of the play?
Just curious, it was hilarious how everyone in the media, including the actual highlight on Inside the NFL decided to just edit that part of it out. :roll:

This is what infuriates me about the NFL and the narratives spun. If we get to next week, the narrative is going to be all about how this 'blown call' was the only reason Atlanta lost that game. 4th and 10 heave and a prayer. sigh

NINEster

Reaction score
Optimus25":3h9kq26i said:
FalconsFanNW":3h9kq26i said:
Optimus25":3h9kq26i said:
Marlin Man":3h9kq26i said:
we will get bye the Lions, however I am afraid Atlanta will hammer us. JMHO

M.M.

Nothing about their resume suggests that.

Nothing.

Yeah we've hammered quite a few teams this year.

Saints by 13, Panthers by 15, Bucs by 15, Cardinals by 19, (yes, those Cardinals), Rams by 28, 49ers by 28, Panthers again by 17.

The Seahawks games against all of those opponents with the exception of the Panthers were a lot closer and 4 of them were losses right?

Anyway, I dunno if we'd hammer the Seahawks but I like our chances to win by at least a TD at home vs a team with a banged up D and an offense that's been up and down all season.

Good luck Saturday night.

Ok, let's play we beat them and they beat so and so therefore....

Noticed that chargers game L on your schedule...

Who was Cleveland's only win this year?

You can trump your horn for days about this season but nothing about your season speaks to ''hammering'' this Seahawks team, and just like I posted elsewhere I will be highly, highly surprised if Vegas even gives us 3 when the book opens.

The rams, saints, Panthers, and those cardinals are not the Wilson playoff version Seahawks by a mile.

The playoff Wilson is the one I'd want to face as an opponent.