Russ health

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
So where is he now? Is his ankle still bad or just knee. Will this be a season long thing? Is he getting any better or is he just nursing it to keep along the best he can. The offense and our run game is predicated on i=his mobility.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am more worried about him doing lasting damage by playing when he is clearly hurt. Also how can you heal when constantly playing?

I really respect the toughness he is showing this year but it might be counterproductive to longevity.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
He has probably been told to keep it conservative. He is still heavily wrapping both ankles and rocking a knee brace, so obviously he is playing with injuries. After this next game the schedule gets tough. Hopefully his ankle is good in a couple weeks as there is no way to make those quick cuts on the run without being able to move your ankles.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":2c6lailh said:
Idk but I do think his injury/injuries are worse than we've been allowed to believe.
That kind of information is never released until it's all said and done. We will only find out after the season or if/when he sits. If he says he's ok then I believe we have a chance. That game was either a scary reality or just a bad game. I'll wait til next week to fear it is all RWs injuries.

Edit; spelling

hawker84

Reaction score
He's still hobbled obviously, I've never seen him get caught this much by lineman and LB's on those read options like I've seen so far this year. Not sure how much that brace is slowing him down, but man he's looking slow....

timmat

Reaction score
We don't need an injury report to tell us Russ is pretty banged up at this point. The proof is in the playing, and it really shows when he does actually break the pocket and scramble. The explosiveness is completely absent. He's more vulnerable than ever before, and needs protection more than ever before. But we can see that against good D lines, he's in big trouble back there.

I'm just hoping he doesn't get an even more serious injury as the combo of the O line play and his lack of mobility could be toxic.

But, Russ has evolved enough that he can be great from the pocket. He just needs a little protection to get through his reads.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think the ankle is ok now. He is wearing a stabilizing brace to protect that knee ligament, it's obvious it is affecting his running ability.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm of the mindset that this knee isn't gonna be good for the rest of the season.......

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I think the brace is on there just as a precaution, and it's simply probably just the bulky brace slowing him down. Either that or he's playing with a torn mcl that nobody on the team wants to admit him having until February or March.

Rob12

Reaction score
Definitely worried about lasting damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobohawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing the high ankle sprain is still more of issue., affecting cuts and acceleration.