I thought Ifedi looked great for his 1st start

King Dog

Reaction score
I'll admit I didn't key on him every play and obviously haven't watched any replays yet. Seemed to play much better than Sweezy did his first go.....

Overseasfan

Reaction score
A bit overeager at times but held up quite well against top level competition. I see a bright future ahead of him.

calinator

Reaction score
We need more Ifedi's. If he's hurt this OL is that much worse. Looked like a beast out there.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Very promising start. Can't wait to see him as he gets more and more experienced. Hope his attitude works its way thru the line too

bandiger

Reaction score
Stabilizes the whole line even with Sowell looking bad at times.

calinator

Reaction score
bandiger":3nkrjxiz said:
Stabilizes the whole line even with Sowell looking bad at times.

Stabilizes is the perfect word. The whole OL looked improved. They had a good performance against the 49'ers but the Jets have a better DL and it was on the road.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I focused on him too and thought he looked pretty good for his 1st start, especially against a really good D-line.. The bigger surprise to me is how good Britt looked. I am honestly shocked at how well he has transitioned to center. I have believed for a while now that with RW having a strong interior is more important than tackles as I don't think the edge rush bothers Russ too much.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I imagine not having to worry constantly about picking up misses from his right helps Britt out quite a bit. He looked quite effective today.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I think his intensity is contagious and could feed through the whole line. Except for Sowell, the line is starting to gel.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Looked excellent for a rookie lineman making his first start.

Line was better overall too.

Largent80

Reaction score
The line had a few breakdowns but overall, looked good and Ifedi had a nice start to his career.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
sigh of relief. Now if we can just get them to gel enough to be mediocre we are on. Go Ifedi.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
iigakusei":32nzphr9 said:
I focused on him too and thought he looked pretty good for his 1st start, especially against a really good D-line.. The bigger surprise to me is how good Britt looked. I am honestly shocked at how well he has transitioned to center. I have believed for a while now that with RW having a strong interior is more important than tackles as I don't think the edge rush bothers Russ too much.

Spot on, Britt had a rough game against the Rams but other than that he's been lights out. We saw with Unger how important a solid center is.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
He was flagged twice, right? Once for a hold, once for a false start?

They looked more confident running plays to his side today, definitely encouraging.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1fc85wmb said:
He was flagged twice, right? Once for a hold, once for a false start?

They looked more confident running plays to his side today, definitely encouraging.
I believe that's correct.

Largent80

Reaction score
The cool thing is, he played the whole game, got his feet wet and now has 2 weeks off to be totally healthy.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Something else good about his start is that with Webb able to fill in at multiple spots they could keep both Rees and Fant inactive this game, freeing up somebody else on the team.