Your Thoughts On Kearse post '14?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1xjvxmbv said:
Yeah, we could use a #1 receiver... but you could bring in Andre Johnson or draft the next 6' 5" stud and they still would probably only get 800 yards in this offense... We say our receivers don't get open or get separation, yet I consistently see the Manning's and Brady's and Rodger's and Brees' of the world making pinpoint throws/completions to receivers who are in traffic and covered... For whatever the reason, and we can all draw our own conclusions, that's not our game right now. But I would guess that if you take Kearse or any of our other "pedestrian" receivers and drop them in to one of those other offenses they'd probably look a lot better than they do in Seattle right now.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Bubble Screen passing offense....

You listed 4 great QBs and ALL of them have much better targets than we do.

Again I love the WR's we have because they're all basically underdog type guys.. but we have nothing near a #1 WR

Manning has Demaryius, Sanders and Julius Thomas. Rodgers has Jordy and Cobb. Brees has Graham, Colston and Cooks. Brady has Gronk.

The situations aren't similar. This team hasn't had a legit #1 WR since probably Joey Galloway.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He's a fine role player, nothing special. I would not pay him what he is going to think he should be paid.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fncma75 said:
LawlessHawk":3fncma75 said:
Yeah, we could use a #1 receiver... but you could bring in Andre Johnson or draft the next 6' 5" stud and they still would probably only get 800 yards in this offense... We say our receivers don't get open or get separation, yet I consistently see the Manning's and Brady's and Rodger's and Brees' of the world making pinpoint throws/completions to receivers who are in traffic and covered... For whatever the reason, and we can all draw our own conclusions, that's not our game right now. But I would guess that if you take Kearse or any of our other "pedestrian" receivers and drop them in to one of those other offenses they'd probably look a lot better than they do in Seattle right now.

Again I love the WR's we have because they're all basically underdog type guys.. but we have nothing near a #1 WR

Manning has Demaryius, Sanders and Julius Thomas. Rodgers has Jordy and Cobb. Brees has Graham, Colston and Cooks. Brady has Gronk.

The situations aren't similar. This team hasn't had a legit #1 WR since probably Joey Galloway.

I don't disagree with your assessment at all, in fact its right on. But I didn't really say/imply any of those things. So maybe you weren't catching (pun intended) what I was stating... ;)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Given that Kearse has proven himself to be a starter quality WR and has made some big plays here, I'd be surprised if the team didn't make him a 2nd rd. tender, then do the 1 year deal thing with him that they did with Jeron Johnson.

It's hard to see what the team's plan is at WR though every season they talk about getting that big guy. Like most things it will depend on what happens for the final7 games of the regular season and then after that if the team makes the playoffs. I'd bet he's on the team again next season simply as known quantity.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":35x4pydc said:
LawlessHawk":35x4pydc said:

I agree with your post Hasselbeck. You left out Wes Welker on Denver. Sanders is the beneficiary of D. Thomas on Broncos. Like Floyd and Brown benefit from Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona. Much like Kearse benefited from Tate and Baldwin last year. Tate wasn't a number one receiver but he did make enough big plays to scare the tar off teams. That helped Kearse. No one on this current team does that and it's impacting the passing game as a whole.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":1p0w8nic said:
HawkWow":1p0w8nic said:
Unless something wacky happens over the next couple of months aka RW and JK create a love connection via the airwaves, I'm confident that when Teflon-John sits down with Kearse's agent, Kearse will be considered and treated as a 3 and probably 4. As he should be, imo.

I've found new love for the kid since not loving him at the Dub, but I will always be team 1st and again, would try to lowball Jermaine with one of those patented "show me" deals, hoping to pay him absolutely no more than (maybe) 1.5 per. A few above kinda missed my point with this thread and see it as me saying Kearse is a must keep. I'm not saying that at all and I'm not saying he's top tier. I'm just saying that if we are to keep 6, and the price is right, Kearse should be in that group.

I did like the Skansi comparison and maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed we got more out of Skansi than we are getting out of Kearse, but there's so many other elements involved that I feel it a bit disingenuous to use only numbers in determining whether Kearse should be retained or not. Like Golden Tate, I will hope for Kearse's success wherever he lands. He helped to make us champions and I will never forget his heroics in doing so.

Different offense, we passed a lot more with Kreig..

But Krieg had small hands and Russ has big hands. I just don't get it, Chris.

(I know that made no sense, I'm just baiting the newbs in anticipation of their "what do you mean Krieg had small hands...do you have a source for that"?) ; )

Latest posts