• Lane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2bwojf9h said:
TBH, the group was fabulous but the Boom was Browner and Chancellor. .

Ask Gronk if Earl could hit.

They all could lower the boom. They all hit, they all were ferocious tacklers, they all were intimidating. It's what made them collectively the best defensive back unit in the league.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1h5ab1kl said:
Mad Dog":1h5ab1kl said:
TBH, the group was fabulous but the Boom was Browner and Chancellor. .

Ask Gronk if Earl could hit.

They all could lower the boom. They all hit, they all were ferocious tacklers, they all were intimidating. It's what made them collectively the best defensive back unit in the league.
Sherm had some good hits too! Don’t forget him!

Sherm hitting Dez at the endzone!

Sherm hit Fitzgerald once or twice!

Sherm destroying Jared Goff!

Sherm was on record saying, he was not a big hitter until he saw Kam, Browner and Earl laying the wood! He said he couldn’t be the odd man out and that’s what motivated him to hit!

Sherm was a sound tackler as well!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Kam will always be my favorite LOB member. Not sure I've ever seen a more intimidating man on the field between his play, his physique and his black visor. Not being able to see his eyes was probably terrifying on the field.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Earl...even with the hold out...I bought his Super Bowl Jersey when we beat the Broncos, it was a toss up between him and Sherman.....they were all great...LOB forever remembered...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sherman. I loved his swagger and ability to back it up. He shutdown half the field.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Even restricing this LOB discussion to defense the list of my faves is too long to single out one as "the guy". So I'll offer a contrarian view with one from offense that I completely include as part of the BOOM crew.
Marshawn Lynch. I don't think anyone delivered more boom than the Beast.
Gawd what a team we had!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":23bdp1pb said:
Chancellor. Should have been SB MVP. The hit he laid out on Thomas set the tone and showed we were the toughest team on the field.

And I'll never forget him removing the soul from Vernon Davis.

TBH, the group was fabulous but the Boom was Browner and Chancellor. IF the NFL hadn't gone crazy with player safety I think we get to a few more championship games but after they neutered DB's, the whole NFL changed to this shootout format. That more than anything killed the LOB.
This ^ oh and, I remember one particular play where Kam knocked an over 300 pound O-Lineman on his butt, on his way to getting a sack on the Quarterback.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1jgadier said:
Mad Dog":1jgadier said:
Chancellor. Should have been SB MVP. The hit he laid out on Thomas set the tone and showed we were the toughest team on the field.

TBH, the group was fabulous but the Boom was Browner and Chancellor. IF the NFL hadn't gone crazy with player safety I think we get to a few more championship games but after they neutered DB's, the whole NFL changed to this shootout format. That more than anything killed the LOB.
This ^ oh and, I remember one particular play where Kam knocked an over 300 pound O-Lineman on his butt, on his way to getting a sack on the Quarterback.
I remember that.

That was I believe against the Cards.

And that tackle (right tackle) then became a Seahawk a year or two later.

But he didn’t last.

Lol.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1utd8xri said:
scutterhawk":1utd8xri said:
Mad Dog":1utd8xri said:

I remember that.

That was I believe against the Cards.

And that tackle (right tackle) then became a Seahawk a year or two later.

But he didn’t last.

Lol.

[youtube]-Wvh1BS3KJg[/youtube]

johnnyfever

Reaction score
James in PA":3je5dnc3 said:
Kam, of course. He put the “boom” in LOB and was by far the classiest guy of the main 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Name came from kams hits. I wont lie, the holdout was poopy, but he made up for it by not running his mouth after his hawks career.

2 favorite modern hawks are bennett and kam. Have a signed bennet Jersey, someday I'll have a kam.