Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lane

• Other

• Total voters

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Mods, please forgive me if this has been discussed in length previously.

I am somewhat surprised there are many here that like Sherm more than Kam, but I decided to let a poll do the talking.

For whatever reasons you have, and you do not need to state why, but, who was your favorite LOB player?

James in PA

Reaction score
Kam, of course. He put the “boom” in LOB and was by far the classiest guy of the main 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm torn between Kam, Sherm and Browner.

Browner brought the attitude and Nasty presence that the rest picked up which led to the LOB.

Sherm brought the Media presence and moxy.

Kam was the quiet leader with the physical presence that lasted the live time of the LOB.

I know, what about Earl, he was the glue that made it all come together and work letting the others do their thing.

So really they are all part of it, all of them played a roll, I don't think we see them feared, respected and hated without all the pieces that started out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not really a wrong answer if you go with the top 3.

If I had to pick one it would be Kam as he put the fear of god into opposing offenses and stole TE’s souls.

Loved Earl and Sherm for what they brought on the field and the swagger that was much needed.

rlkats

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Hated all of them. They all suck.

Damn thank god the LOB is gone.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rlkats":3qqrph2t said:
:sarcasm_on: Hated all of them. They all suck.

Damn thank god the LOB is gone.
Man, it was great watching sorry receivers like Crabtree try to catch against Sherman. :lol:

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I will never forgive Kam for that holdout that cost us two games and maybe that season. A lot of people say crap about Sherm, but Sherm honored his contract, and did not turn his back on his brothers like Kam.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Years of the Seahawks defense being known as soft and suddenly Browner was flattening people, Sherm was picking them off, Kam had everyone flat-out scared to venture downfield and Earl shut down everything in the air over fifteen yards.

It was all an absolute joy to watch. Rules were even changed in reaction to the power the LoB had over passing games. That cannot be overstated enough: THEY CHANGED THE RULES. In Seahawks history, at least, this is unprecedented. I wonder if the likes of that quartet will ever be repeated in our time.

I don’t want to choose one. They were a unit, a sum of the parts. Happy memories.

chris98251

Reaction score
uncle fester":2ktvvplg said:
Years of the Seahawks defense being known as soft and suddenly Browner was flattening people, Sherm was picking them off, Kam had everyone flat-out scared to venture downfield and Earl shut down everything in the air over fifteen yards.

It was all an absolute joy to watch. Rules were even changed in reaction to the power the LoB had over passing games. That cannot be overstated enough: THEY CHANGED THE RULES. In Seahawks history, at least, this is unprecedented. I wonder if the likes of that quartet will ever be repeated in our time.

I don’t want to choose one. They were a unit, a sum of the parts. Happy memories.

Nah not unprecedented, they changed the rules because of the Kingdome or tried to because our fans were loud, the changed the rules because Joe Nash figured out how to slow down the no huddle offense Sam Wyche used in Cincy, and yes the rules because of the LOB.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Lets be real and just say the LOB was really Browner, Sherman, Thomas and Kam.

Browner - Drug issues and post NFL career issues really tarnish the love.
Sherman - Things really went sour and he plays for the Niners, hard to look past that right now.
Thomas - Hold Out, "Come get me", Flipping the Bird, now plays for Ravens. Hard to look past that right now.
Kam - Hold Out...

So between those four, Kam is the one with the least amount of tarnish as a fan. Plus the whole Legion of Boom...well the "Boom" was Kam.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":k58bciho said:
vigilantgrrl":k58bciho said:
I will never forgive Kam for that holdout

You do understand that he didn't do that to you, don't you?

Someone punches your girlfriend, you love your girlfriend. They didn't punch you. Why are you upset?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":xuk2r58x said:
vigilantgrrl":xuk2r58x said:

Yet that was the first actual sign of discontent from the defense. You don't think Sherm, Earl, and the rest saw the unwillingness of the team to extend Kam with two years left on his deal as a some sign of disrespect against the defense? I think it got the ball rolling on all the later issues.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
uncle fester":3b54t48r said:

Sorry, have to disagree here. Much as I hate the Stealers, rule changes because of defensive backfields is not wholly "unprecedented".

In 1978, a rule was created that would change the face of football forever.

The rule was made for two reasons: to open up the game, and to limit the Steel Curtain's level of dominance it had over the NFL at that time. It was coined the Mel Blount Rule, and while it opened the game like never before, it only made the Steelers even more dominant as the decade of the 1970s drew to a close.

Up until the start of the 1978 season, defensive backs could punish wide receivers all over the field, which greatly limited the NFL’s passing games. Until that point, 3,000-yard passers were considered elite, and 30 touchdown passes for a quarterback was downright unheard of. In fact, in consecutive Super Bowls in the 70s, the winning quarterback (Bob Griese and Terry Bradshaw) completed less than 10 passes....

Some of us are old and remember.... :les:

Peppridge Farms remembers.... :les:

kobebryant

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2fazrt33 said:
kobebryant":2fazrt33 said:
vigilantgrrl":2fazrt33 said:

Someone punches your girlfriend, you love your girlfriend. They didn't punch you. Why are you upset?

Because it is a violent assault on a woman.