You WILL be our new friends!

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of bad things about attending Niners games, and it's too bad because I'm to the point where I want to do some traveling to some Hawk road games, maybe two a year, and the Bay Area is a place I haven't visited since I was 10. We have direct flights from the Tri Cities to SF so I'd love to go to a road game down there some day but I want to wear my colors and not be hassled. Do you guys think that the atmosphere will change any when they move into their new stadium in San Jose next season?

getnasty

Reaction score
I think there new stadium will be a lot better, but I still don't know if I'd go. There is not one thing about Candlestick and the area that its in thats not pure trash. If I had a all expense paid trip to go down to that game I would burn the tickets.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I lived in the bay area for 16 years until '02 and attended a few games at the stick, mostly only preseason when the Hawks came to town. That place and the surounding neighborhoods was a take-your-life-in-your-hands $h!t hole back then too. I'm sure its worse today. New stadium, new location, far better area should be much, much better for future road games.... unfortunately there'll be the same '9er fans.

Truely a word of advice: Don't be a hero, wear something over your colors on the way in and on the way out and you'll go unoticed.

VANiner

Reaction score
As a diehard Niner fan all of my 56 years on this planet, I want to congratulate the Hawks for winning the NFC West and I truly believe no team in the NFL is playing better, my only wish is that you ‘all were still in the AFC West.
Until I moved to the east-coast 15 years ago I had season tickets at candlestick for 20 plus years. The only time I ever saw parking lot violence was at Giant vs. Dodger or 49er vs. Rams (LA) games. My suggestion to any out of town fans stay in large groups if possible, if not don’t be belligerent and get into anyone’s face.

djb28

Reaction score
It is a shame you have to enter and exit ANY game hiding colors like your in a freaking gang. I went to a Seattle Buffalo game I think it was 99 -2000 . We won with a field goal and something like 4 seconds left. My buddy was a Dolphin fan, so there is two strikes.

Walking out of the stadium was good until we got about 30 feet from our vehicle and a group of jerk offs starting throwing beer bottles at us. Dented up his car pretty good and we only got hit a couple times. Grabbed their plate number on way out as they were tail gating and we Turned it in But who knows if anything was done about it. So sad really. People suck.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I too would turn down free tickets to Candlestick, most likely. I lived in SF for a couple of years and went to many Giants games there, and also 49ers games, but always with a bunch of 49ers fans and never when the Seahawks were playing. The fan base is really inconsistent, there are some serious thugs in the mix. The parking lot and bathrooms are the most dangerous areas.

I believe the the new stadium will help a lot. I suspect the 49ers brass will be trying to create a more family friendly environment at the new digs, on top of the better location i.e. I think a lot of the trouble at Candlestick is from people who don't have game tickets who come to party in the lot before and after the game... they are just getting wasted in the lot during the game.

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
:th2thumbs:

You will be okay, just remember Seattle will win, so expect a bunch of negativity and pouting faces. :mrgreen:

RiverDog

Reaction score
VANiner":2vvcz5a7 said:
As a diehard Niner fan all of my 56 years on this planet, I want to congratulate the Hawks for winning the NFC West and I truly believe no team in the NFL is playing better, my only wish is that you ‘all were still in the AFC West.
Until I moved to the east-coast 15 years ago I had season tickets at candlestick for 20 plus years. The only time I ever saw parking lot violence was at Giant vs. Dodger or 49er vs. Rams (LA) games. My suggestion to any out of town fans stay in large groups if possible, if not don’t be belligerent and get into anyone’s face.

Wow. That's the same advice I got when I traveled to Kenya to go on a wildlife safari. Is San Francisco in the United States?

Zorn76

Reaction score
I haven't been to a Seahawks/49ers game at the 'stick since '07. But as others have mentioned, if you're with a group, you're generally ok.

About the only advantage of traveling down this season to SF vs next is that your ticket(s) should be slightly cheaper, lol. Upper reserve seats for the Dec 8th game are going for about $300 per from what I see, and it's only going to get more (stubhub/scalper) expensive once they move into Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara in 2014.

That said, the neighborhood is going to be much improved. I think the relocation is going to make the experience much better, with sufficient security for the entire property. Santa Clara is nice, and the county itself doesn't sport any kind of ghetto like Hunter's Point.

So unless you absolutely have to be there in a few weeks for this matchup, I'd stay home and start saving for a better game day experience in the bay area of CA for next year. Candlestick is a dump

silverss

Reaction score
Learn something everyday!
Did not know of the craziness at Candlestick. Call me ignorant I guess.
They sound worse than Buffalo fans. Baltimore was sketchy too.

LOVED Clink - I cant see an outta town fan having any issues...

HawkWow

Reaction score
falcongoggles":8l883md5 said:
Is your tailgate area insured against knife fights?

Your best insurance against knife fights at the stick is a gun. Kill 1, kill 2, kill them all if possible. Look forward to seeing you on the tele mate! ; )

Edit: Try not to kill VANiner (if avoidable). Classy guy and knows a great team when he sees one.

OP
OP
L

LostInSF

Reaction score
Shame this turned into violence paranoia. Again, I've attended English soccer games my entire life as a season ticket holder, both home and away and soccer games in Spain, France, Italy, Germany and Turkey, to name a few. I also go to every Giants Dodgers series for at least one game. I have a decent read on the city. As mentioned, I'll be with a group of what looks like 20 people, mostly Niners, some who count as my best friends. I'm honestly not concerned.

Simply putting it out there that we'll have an awesome double spot in the lot and you all are welcome to pop by for beer and banter if you're at The Stick. Peace. x