Report from Lambeau

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Had a great time with my (adult) kid at the game today. I went to the pre-season game there about 15 years ago and things have changed as far as the environment. Pre-season blase has impacted even Green Bay, as the crowd was definitely more mellow and the tailgating was not nearly as vast as I remember last time. Local fans were super nice and fun, that part hasn't changed.

One fun story. At the tailgating area we saw a whole group wearing #15 jerseys and it was pretty clear this was a whole bunch of Holton Ahlers' friends and family who came up from North Carolina. When we came into the stadium, I saw one of them who was his dad. I chatted him a bit and let him know Seattle fans were rooting for Holton. I asked him how they felt his chances were to stick around and he seemed to think things were going well. Really nice guy.

So.... as the game goes into the second half, I keep rooting for Ahlers to get into the game but Lock keeps running the offense. As you know, Green Bay takes the lead just after the two minute warning, and finally Holton comes in and after all that I'm really rooting for him to play well. He takes the team down the field and is poised to win the game, then gets tragically color blind in the end zone, and that was that. I was super bummed, not just for him but because I knew it was pretty much the super bowl for all his family.

Who can say if he stick around on the practice squad, or if the team finds someone else, but man it would have been awesome if he could have finished that drive.