Yall wanted Lock

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
How are you guys saying he was thrown out with no preparation?

He’s an NFL QB ffs.

He’s simply not “that dude”.
They'll make any excuse for him any use anything against geno. I don't dislike lock at all I just thing people wanting a qb change this season are crazy. Geno is our best shot at winning games

GemCity

Reaction score
They'll make any excuse for him any use anything against geno. I don't dislike lock at all I just thing people wanting a qb change this season are crazy. Geno is our best shot at winning games
If he were better than Geno, I’d imagine he’d start.

I want him to do as well as anybody but there’s a reason he’s sitting behind Geno.

minormillikin

Reaction score
We have a couple Dilfers playing QB for this team. Unfortunately, we don't have an amazing defense to go with him.

There's always next year™!

Rat

Reaction score
If you want to see a real QB, Brock Purdy was 21/25 333 yards 3 TDs today. Whoever we start on Thursday, he'll be at best the second-best QB in the stadium, third-best after Darnold at worst.

chrispy

Reaction score
1. Deep middle JSN inc
2. Short right Fant comp
3. Deep left JSN inc
4. Short left Dissly inc
5. Short right JSN comp
6. Deep left Lockett int

At this point he was 2/3 on short passes and 0/3 with an INT on long passes. That's not an effective playcalling log for a backup off the bench. Once he threw the INT, Lock's head was done for the day. 3 shorts, no mids, and 3 deeps while sitting in the pocket for Lock is playcalling malpractice.
IMO, Lock played pretty well.

JSNs miss(es) isn't on Lock. Maybe timing, but Lock was throwing him open. JSN didn't go get it. Definitely on first throw and I think same on second target.

The INT was thrown to get a PI and Lockett messed up. Lockett came back to the ball and would have got the call but he gave up at the end and allowed the INT. If the ball hits the ground, it's DPI and a big gain.

Maybe those are all timing and chemistry, but it looked like plays that the WRs should have made to me. I think those throws were winning throws. I'm not calling for him to start or anything else. I'm just saying Lock was an asset on the plays the flung it.

eo620

Reaction score
In a game where the Seahawks had 130 penalty yards and were 5-15 on Third down conversions (to include 12 consecutive) I'm hard pressed tp place the blame on a back up QB who played less than 1 quarter. You could feel this game going off the rails before Lock came in. The injury to Smith just iced it.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
In a game where the Seahawks had 130 penalty yards and were 5-15 on Third down conversions (to include 12 consecutive) I'm hard pressed tp place the blame on a back up QB who played less than 1 quarter. You could feel this game going off the rails before Lock came in. The injury to Smith just iced it.
Not blaming the loss on Lock at all. I'm just saying, he's not the guy. Wish people would stop calling for him

James in PA

Reaction score
We still don't know enough about Lock.
I believe McVay is now 9-5 against Pete.
It is so embarrassing. It feels like 14-0. And while Pete may have been able to beat Shanny at one time, you can feel that shifting too. These young, offensive-minded guys are just taking him to school.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
No he didn’t
Geno would have won the game

Lock is garbage and stupid
Geno may have gotten a few completions, but win ? Pffft. Better chance than Lock ? Yes. But to say he'd have won is a bit much.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I wanted Lock, but you can't fault ths game on him with no preparation, and no practice with 1st team.

Lock could do better if he had a full of week of practice with the first team, but at the same time you'd expect a backup quarterback to at least be serviceable when they are called on in the middle of a game. It's a pretty small sample size, though.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't want Lock at all but I do want Pete to stop making win now moves and refusing to let this team look into the future and start drafting some QB's.
When was the last draft pick we used on a QB? I can't even remember.
He literally refuses to go young because we are in constant win now mode trading away many firsts in vain desperation.
We need a better QB. Geno isn't the guy. He is a stop gap. Decent but not good. We need to start building for the future but we are stuck throwing away draft picks and barely making the playoffs only to be promptly knocked out.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Coming in cold off the bench and with almost zero reps with our rook (who is still not on the same page with Geno). Tell the truth, you really expected Lock to jump right in and look as polished as Geno, who has taken most every snap this season and last? If you expected that, really that only says that you really don't think all that much of Geno.

Xxx

Reaction score
I don't want Lock at all but I do want Pete to stop making win now moves and refusing to let this team look into the future and start drafting some QB's.
When was the last draft pick we used on a QB? I can't even remember.
He literally refuses to go young because we are in constant win now mode trading away many firsts in vain desperation.
We need a better QB. Geno isn't the guy. He is a stop gap. Decent but not good. We need to start building for the future but we are stuck throwing away draft picks and barely making the playoffs only to be promptly knocked out.
You forgot about Russ?