Just Curious?

Chevy

Reaction score
If the Seahawks first 3 picks went:
5) Anthony Richardson QB
20) Bijan Robinson
37) Darnell Washington

Just Curious?
I like those players, but its our defense that needs the most infusion of talent. Also, those players wouldn't add any wins to our current roster. AR would sit on the sidelines this year. Bijan would rotate with K-9, which is nice, but not going to get us any more wins than having K-9 as the full time starter. Washington would probably only see the field as a rookie on running downs.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Nope. Offense wins championships these days and that would be setting up a good offense. The next few picks would need to be defense to even field a complete DL though.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't know about mad, but certainly disappointed and dumbfounded that they didn't address their biggest needs which lies in the trenches. I guess I'd be okay with AR at 5 if they truly believe he's worth the bet as a potential long term franchise QB. But BR at 20? Why? We just drafted a RB high in the second round last year whose already shown he can be a true #1 back. Waste of draft capital when you can get another RB in the later rounds. And why a TE over a C or DT or EDGE clearly the more pressing needs?

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
I like those players, but its our defense that needs the most infusion of talent. Also, those players wouldn't add any wins to our current roster. AR would sit on the sidelines this year. Bijan would rotate with K-9, which is nice, but not going to get us any more wins than having K-9 as the full time starter. Washington would probably only see the field as a rookie on running downs
I like those players, but its our defense that needs the most infusion of talent. Also, those players wouldn't add any wins to our current roster. AR would sit on the sidelines this year. Bijan would rotate with K-9, which is nice, but not going to get us any more wins than having K-9 as the full time starter. Washington would probably only see the field as a rookie on running downs.
I agree, and am 100% sure this wouldn’t happen. we all look at D line as an URGENT need (Which it is), but assuming they took Richardson first and then BPA at 20 is Bijan. And then Washington, is just freak of nature size wise. Would they take him at 37 if they considered him the best player? I doubt it, but Schneider seems like a hard guy to predict.

Chevy

Reaction score
Nope. Offense wins championships these days and that would be setting up a good offense. The next few picks would need to be defense to even field a complete DL though.
So with the players that he had picked...how would that play out this season? Is Geno now the backup QB? Is K-9 now only going to get 8 carries a game? Is Washington beating out any of our top-2 current TEs?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
All are good players. So I’d be happy.

Just take good players. Don’t try and force need—and JS has admitted that’s where things have gone wrong in the past.

I’d have some major questions about rostering and team philosophy at that point, but I wouldn’t be mad.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
I agree, and am 100% sure this wouldn’t happen. we all look at D line as an URGENT need (Which it is), but assuming they took Richardson first and then BPA at 20 is Bijan. And then Washington, is just freak of nature size wise. Would they take him at 37 if they considered him the best player? I doubt it, but Schneider seems like a hard guy to predict.
At some point needs have to be addressed. If the best player available at all our pick in the first two rounds are all QBs, then do they just draft all QBs in the first two rounds? No. Thats when you trade down to a team that needs that player that fell to you.

I do appreciate your different thought process.

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
At some point needs have to be addressed. If the best player available at all our pick in the first two rounds are all QBs, then do they just draft all QBs in the first two rounds? No. Thats when you trade down to a team that needs that player that fell to you.

Jake Haener is our next Nose Tackle.

BPA baby 😂

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score

I think it’s a balancing act, if they took these 3 players first, ( not ideal) they would have to spend their next 5 picks trying to stack the defense. Ultimately it would end up leading to a less than stellar group.

Chevy

Reaction score
I think it’s a balancing act, if they took these 3 players first, ( not ideal) they would have to spend their next 5 picks trying to stack the defense. Ultimately it would end up leading to a less than stellar group.
I like the way you put it. "it's a balancing act"

The Seahawks have made huge reaches in the past, which we all know. I think there are micro reaches that are a better way of walking the balancing act.

pmedic920

Reaction score
We can already score enough points to win games, as long as our defense can make a few stops.

Mad?
IDK bout that but I’d sure be left scratching my head.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
So with the players that he had picked...how would that play out this season? Is Geno now the backup QB? Is K-9 now only going to get 8 carries a game? Is Washington beating out any of our top-2 current TEs?
Even if they fill all the needs this season, I don't see this team competing with SF or Philly. They need to build the roster for a chance at the next 2 or 3 years once SF enters cap hell with Bosas new contract.

morgulon1

Reaction score
If the Seahawks first 3 picks went:
5) Anthony Richardson QB
20) Bijan Robinson
37) Darnell Washington

Just Curious?
Being mad is serious business. I'd be surprised maybe even disappointed but
Whatever they do , I'm sure in their hearts they think they're improving the team.

Would you be mad?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Even if they fill all the needs this season, I don't see this team competing with SF or Philly. They need to build the roster for a chance at the next 2 or 3 years once SF enters cap hell with Bosas new contract.
Seattle can go toe to toe with them this season provided the defense improves .

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Our offense would be pretty set with those 3 guys. I don't think Bijan is going to last until 20 or Washington until 37 though. I am definitely in the Washington camp though.

Chevy

Reaction score
Here is my PFF mock after what was proposed for our 3 first pics...

2nd round - (DT/DE) Kobie Turner 6'3" 288 lbs., Wake Forest:
he is a legit prospect that could start his rookie year.

3rd round - (CB) Cory Trice 6'3" 206 lbs,. Purdue: Trice is big CB that fits Pete prototype at CB. He has the traits to push to start outside at CB. Not a CB that can follow WR in the slot.

4th round - (SS/nickle CB/FS/OLB) Marte Mapu 6'3" 216 lbs., Sacramento State: Mapu has the ability to start at SS when we move on from Jamal Adams. Mapu could possibly start in his 2nd year.

5th round #151 - (OT/OG) Jordan McFadden 6'2" 302 lbs., Clemson: He played OT so he is a bit of a project conversion to OG. He will have a chance to compete at starting OG or maybe even OC, but thats a best case senario this late in the draft.

5th round #154 - (OLB/DE) Thomas Incoom 6'2" 262 lbs., Central Michigan: He is not elite in anything athletically, but could be decent depth at OLB/DE.

6th round #198 - (OC) Brett Neilon 6'2" 295 lbs., USC: Brett is a former 4-star player coming out of highschool. Maybe he would have a chance to compete in 2024 to start at OC.

7th round #237 - (RB) Tiyon Evans 5'9" 225 lbs., Louisville: Evans is a big RB that can run through players, he is not shifty and contact balance isn't great for his size. But he is still a nice option at RB this late in the draft.

Chevy

Reaction score
I think your opinion on our roster is probably what 50% of Seahawks fans think. I highly doubt Pete and JS agree...and draft for the future.