Would you be mad?

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
Because all of them have flaws.

Bryce Young is a lock to be the first pick. While Stroud is being mocked to go in the top 4.

If Stroud is not available, then I'd prefer they pass on the other QB's. Especially at pick 5.

It's not shortsightedness. Reaching for a QB, is often how teams make mistakes. Instead of taking the best players available to them.

Richardson is the Trey Lance of this draft. The least experienced of the group by far, with some major flaws in his game.

I just don't see it with Levis. I think he will underwhelm for the most part, wherever he goes.

Anyone who has those two at the top of their board, simply has not done their homework.

Hooker meanwhile, should still be around at the end of the 1st Round. He's a guy, who might be worth grabbing. But there are legit questions about him as well.
Just remember, past performance isn’t indicative of future performance,

Mahomes ran a 4.88 40

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I seriously don't understand why so many are willing to kick the qbotf can down the road. Is it just because we have Geno and Lock? Really? We finally get a chance to address it with a top pick, and people on .net are like, meh. Whatever. Just spend all our picks on D. I don't get it. It just seems so shortsighted.
because on the surface this draft looks like the worst draft for Qb's in the last decade.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Just imagine we take Carter, and he ends up being a bust, and Geno gets injured, it would make the pick go from bad to worse, and we will be kicking our self.
Just imagine we take Carter and he destroys OL's on his way to DROY and Geno improves on his welcome to starting for Seattle season. It would go from risky pick to whistling all the way to the Superb Owl.

Chevy

Reaction score
So I will double back on this topic. The Seahawks have the best roster for AR to be the best version of himself. We have the WRs, TEs, OTs, and RB to take the pressure off him. Add a OC in round 2 and AR's floor is now CJ Stroud's ceiling. AR is a beast when he runs, good luck trying to defend him and our other studs on offense.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I would be fine with it because AR has big upside and it’s on Denver’s dime.

My preference would be to swap Bijan Robinson out for a defensive front 7 player. I love Washington. He makes our offensive line better and provides another option for 3rd and 3.

TwilightError

Reaction score
because on the surface this draft looks like the worst draft for Qb's in the last decade.
Worse than last years? No it does not.

All the top 4 QB’s look like top 10 picks. Therefore they are worth taking with the fifth pick. Just getting there to go and take a chance on a QB normally requires handing out 2-3 first rounders (like Niners) from the future and now we are just sitting there, ready for it.

The hit rates of first round QB’s are irrelevant. The landing spot is what matters most. The Jets and Browns don’t hit on first round QB’s because they don’t know what to do with them. Those players they picked did have talent. The ones that hit have a culture and environment ready for their growth (Allen with Daboll, Mahomes with Reid, Lamar with Harbaugh. Would those have become anything at Jets or Browns? I doubt it ) and I believe that a team which can make a short third rounder shine and resurrect a lost cause journeyman’s career at quarterback, is exactly the team that can create the environment for a rookie QB to succeed. And to maximize that, pick the one with most potential with the highest pick, ignore the noise and start the process to become great. These coaches can do that and they should go for it.

Richardson is just perfect for this. Levis is a close second. Stroud seems very unlikely and Young is out it if reach.

To me, not to going for it seems scared. Like there is some great shame in drafting a QB who does not succeed. Let’s not be fearful.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I seriously don't understand why so many are willing to kick the qbotf can down the road. Is it just because we have Geno and Lock? Really? We finally get a chance to address it with a top pick, and people on .net are like, meh. Whatever. Just spend all our picks on D. I don't get it. It just seems so shortsighted.
Having the chance to address it with the top pick and having the chance to SOLVE it with a top pick are different things entirely. There isn't an unlimited supply of surefire franchise guys.

Choosing a quarterback at 5 gives you the highest likelihood of using your top pick in over a decade on a net negative addition, and it's not really close. If they were at 1/2 overall and had their pick of the class, this might be a different discussion.

The pick position does not matter. The actual prospects that are likely going to be available there is what matters, and it's looking like you've only really got a shot at Levis (who kinda laid an egg this entire past year and is bad under pressure) and Richardson, who is an outlier and a big risk EVEN for those who like him, which I do. Maybe Stroud, who is suspiciously tumbling (could be smoke) and has his own red flags.

Having pick 5 is not the same thing as having a voucher you can simply redeem for a franchise quarterback. That's actually a significantly unlikely outcome.

OP
OP
H

HawksNation

Reaction score
It's a lot easier to imagine Richardson being a bust than it is to imagine Carter being a bust.
Worse than last years? No it does not.

All the top 4 QB’s look like top 10 picks. Therefore they are worth taking with the fifth pick. Just getting there to go and take a chance on a QB normally requires handing out 2-3 first rounders (like Niners) from the future and now we are just sitting there, ready for it.

The hit rates of first round QB’s are irrelevant. The landing spot is what matters most. The Jets and Browns don’t hit on first round QB’s because they don’t know what to do with them. Those players they picked did have talent. The ones that hit have a culture and environment ready for their growth (Allen with Daboll, Mahomes with Reid, Lamar with Harbaugh. Would those have become anything at Jets or Browns? I doubt it ) and I believe that a team which can make a short third rounder shine and resurrect a lost cause journeyman’s career at quarterback, is exactly the team that can create the environment for a rookie QB to succeed. And to maximize that, pick the one with most potential with the highest pick, ignore the noise and start the process to become great. These coaches can do that and they should go for it.

Richardson is just perfect for this. Levis is a close second. Stroud seems very unlikely and Young is out it if reach.

To me, not to going for it seems scared. Like there is some great shame in drafting a QB who does not succeed. Let’s not be fearful.

And there is more shame in missing on the next Lamar Jackson.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Having the chance to address it with the top pick and having the chance to SOLVE it with a top pick are different things entirely. There isn't an unlimited supply of surefire franchise guys.

Choosing a quarterback at 5 gives you the highest likelihood of using your top pick in over a decade on a net negative addition, and it's not really close. If they were at 1/2 overall and had their pick of the class, this might be a different discussion.

The pick position does not matter. The actual prospects that are likely going to be available there is what matters, and it's looking like you've only really got a shot at Levis (who kinda laid an egg this entire past year and is bad under pressure) and Richardson, who is an outlier and a big risk EVEN for those who like him, which I do. Maybe Stroud, who is suspiciously tumbling (could be smoke) and has his own red flags.

Having pick 5 is not the same thing as having a voucher you can simply redeem for a franchise quarterback. That's actually a significantly unlikely outcome.
There are no guarantees, even with the #1 pick. But we at least have to try. That's all I'm saying. If we fail, we fail. I'd rather swing big and fail than not swing at all, or just settle for a mid round backup. But what do I know. Maybe they have these guys, even the mid round guys, graded far differently than we do.

Latest posts