WooHoo! Another 75 win season of mediocrity!

Vesuve

Reaction score
Isn't everyone just so excited ya could, almost forget we have a baseball team in town?

Yeah, 75 wins or so, and 3rd place, it's gonna be, same as always!

This guy's leadership has been SO inspired huh?

View attachment 65384
As Dipoto said a few months ago....win 51.6% of games is the focus.

I now call them "The 51.6% Mariners."

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hold your horses. We know Scotty and Jerry can't coach a line up. But there's a new hitting coach this year.

bileever

Reaction score
Hold your horses. We know Scotty and Jerry can't coach a line up. But there's a new hitting coach this year.
Not to mention that we got rid of 557 strikeouts.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'll believe when I see...

My prediction is we'll be battling for first place around the all star break, then settle comfortably into third or the basement to finish the season, cuz if there's one thing Scotty knows how to do, it's bring the season to a close!

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Cool story. Nobody is forcing you to watch.
What makes Mariner baseball enjoyable is the Stadium! I go up to Seattle a couple times a year RAIN or SHINE! Walk the market, enter the game, sit in the sun, have a couple Brews and sit back and enjoy the food, view and the crowd of fans. Great Time, Mariners might not win but I will.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yup. I have ZERO expectations this year. But going to a few games with friends or family, always a great time.

getnasty

Reaction score
They're better then last year and that team finished 2 games behind the World Series Champs after starting the year horrible. Really no reason not to be excited for the season unless you're just a negative nelly.

There have been plenty of years when they have fielded crummy teams and you would have a reason to complain, this isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I inevitably always get sucked into believing again around opening day. Hate it though when that hope relies on players having to stay healthy or new players staying healthy despite recently being injury prone or players staying on form due to lack of depth or hoping the Texas teams have down years.

Just something about it meaning winter is over and warmer weather coming in improves my mood.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
What makes Mariner baseball enjoyable is the Stadium! I go up to Seattle a couple times a year RAIN or SHINE! Walk the market, enter the game, sit in the sun, have a couple Brews and sit back and enjoy the food, view and the crowd of fans. Great Time, Mariners might not win but I will.
The stadium is extremely under rated. Arguably one of the best in my opinion and would get more hype if the Mariners made the post season more.

bobsuncle

Reaction score
I get folks being negative about this organization and I can also see the other side. But, this team has a history of failing for the last 20 years. They aren't doing enough to put a consistent winning product on the field. It's their money and their business and it's not my place to bitch and moan about it. The only thing I can do is not support them with my money. It's quite simple. I gave up the negative emotion I had for this team. If they win, great, but I just don't see it with this ownership group. Winning isn't their priority.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
As Dipoto said a few months ago....win 51.6% of games is the focus.

I now call them "The 51.6% Mariners."
Said 54%. If you are gonna clown, get it right. And 54% had them as a top 3rd team in AL.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I'll believe when I see...

My prediction is we'll be battling for first place around the all star break, then settle comfortably into third or the basement to finish the season, cuz if there's one thing Scotty knows how to do, it's bring the season to a close!
You sound silly. The Ms have had there best 3 year period since 2003. Ms have finished 2nd or better in AL West 2 of the past 3 years. They also play in one of if not the best divisions.

If you are gonna troll, at least be right on some aspect. They havent finished last since 2019 when they tore it all down.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I inevitably always get sucked into believing again around opening day. Hate it though when that hope relies on players having to stay healthy or new players staying healthy despite recently being injury prone or players staying on form due to lack of depth or hoping the Texas teams have down years.

Just something about it meaning winter is over and warmer weather coming in improves my mood.
Ms have been better then Texas for the past 5 years minus last year where Texas did win the WS. Texas was awful before that.

I mean really itll be houston again imo that Ms need to get over vs. Houston has basically eliminated them the past 2 years.