Wilson going NOWHERE

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rjiqftgw said:
Doesn't really matter what he says. If he talks, people say he's lying and/or being "fake"
if he doesn't talk, people get mad that he is staying quiet.

There has never been a player who is so hated on one side, and liked so much on the other side, with the fanbase than this guy. It's a trip.

You're right to some degree. I don't think Russell's lying, but I do think that much like Pete, he tends to overdo the superlatives, like he wants to play for Seattle for 20 years :roll: Yeah, right, Russ. He could have just as easily have said that he's perfectly comfortable playing here and left it at that, but that's not his style. He has to make it sound like playing for the Seahawks is like living in some type of fairy book tale. Perhaps not in this instance but making those types of over-the-top remarks tends to hurt a person's credibility. In layman's terms, it's called piling on the bull shit.

John63

Reaction score
RiverDog":38pu8zbr said:
SoulfishHawk":38pu8zbr said:
Doesn't really matter what he says. If he talks, people say he's lying and/or being "fake"
if he doesn't talk, people get mad that he is staying quiet.

There has never been a player who is so hated on one side, and liked so much on the other side, with the fanbase than this guy. It's a trip.

You're right to some degree. I don't think Russell's lying, but I do think that much like Pete, he tends to overdo the superlatives, like he wants to play for Seattle for 20 years :roll: Yeah, right, Russ. He could have just as easily have said that he's perfectly comfortable playing here and left it at that, but that's not his style. He has to make it sound like playing for the Seahawks is like living in some type of fairy book tale. Perhaps not in this instance but making those types of over-the-top remarks tends to hurt a person's credibility. In layman's terms, it's called piling on the bull $h!t.

What fi that is genuinely how he feels?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":151ku3gr said:
True. None of us really know, just gotta' let it play out.

This and thats really the bottom line. We all just have to wait and see how it plays out.

TraderGary

Reaction score
RiverDog":39i60an2 said:
At least he came out and shot down the rumors, something he didn't do last spring.

But on the other hand, if there's one thing we can always count on Russell doing, it's saying the politically correct thing. It's not like what an A-hole like Aaron Rodgers would say, but it's also so over the top, everything is rainbows and unicorns, that it hurts his credibility.
Agree 100%.

I'm a Russ fan, as he has carried this team on his back for years. But the fact is, he is a cliche machine and no one can deny that. I've learned to accept that about him, but no one truly knows how he really feels about anything except maybe Ciara and/or his agent.

RiverDog

Reaction score
John63":3j1av638 said:

Then he's extremely naive, a babe in the woods, has his head in the clouds. But I don't think for a minute that's the case with him. IMO Russell is extremely conscious of the image he portrays, a genuine nice guy that sincerely wants everyone to love him. He's the exact opposite of a guy like Brady that doesn't give a rip if people like him or not. Russell's also a very shrewd businessman that knows 20 year careers with one team almost never happens and likely won't with him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
People will really argue about literally anything here, I tell ya. It's almost a form of mass delusion at this point.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":1s0k1xwr said:
At least he came out and shot down the rumors, something he didn't do last spring.

But on the other hand, if there's one thing we can always count on Russell doing, it's saying the politically correct thing. It's not like what an A-hole like Aaron Rodgers would say, but it's also so over the top, everything is rainbows and unicorns, that it hurts his credibility.

I agree with that. But that's just who he is. it's been 9 years; he hasn't changed you can't hide who you are for 9 years. I take him at his word... I'm an optimist and he makes me want to puke sometimes LOL :pukeface:

LTH

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hope he stays, and I hope the team can build an offense around him.

That's all I know

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26zr245x said:
John63":26zr245x said:
Sgt. Largent":26zr245x said:
This is what Russell should say as he's coming down the home stretch of his worst year as a professional QB.

But we shall see if he still feels the same come February.

He denied saying it period deal wit h it.

He didn't deny it, he said it was a "non-story." What does that even mean?

I don't doubt Russell loves Seattle and if he continues to get what he wants, which is to continue to be one of the highest paid QB's, and possibly a new coach and owner that assures him that the Seahawks will once again challenge for SB's?

Sure. But like I said, when everything shakes out this off season and there's more clarity with Pete's future here, we'll see if Russell still feels the same.

Our Russ said three things, he wants to play in Seattle for 20 more years or til his's 53? he is happy where the team is at, which is 4-8? and the trade talk is a None story?

haha, it's like a couple attend functions together, but the minute they are in their car, it's quiet, home? head into separate bedrooms. When folks asked about the rumor of divorce, you said: non story, because you are waiting for the kids' school year to be over to tell them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thursday press conference about his plans for the future. Wilson called it a “non-story” because he’s only thinking about what’s going with the Seahawks right now.

“That’s not in my head right now at all,” Wilson said. “I didn’t say that. I’m focused on what we’re doing here. Obviously I love Seattle. This is a place I’ve loved every day, every moment.”

Wilson was asked in a followup if that means that he intends to play out the remaining two years on his contract with the Seahawks.

“That’s my hope,” Wilson said. “My hope’s not just to fulfill it. Hopefully I can play here 20 years and my career. WIll that happen? I don’t know. That’s my prayer, that’s my hope. That stuff’s in the future, that stuff’s down the road. I think my mission, my focus is only on right now.”

Notice he leaves an out clause in the last paragraph.

Not absolute or cut and dry, double speak really.

Also, a Nonstory isn't saying he didn't say it either.

John63

Reaction score
RiverDog":32g6iy4d said:
John63":32g6iy4d said:

Then he's extremely naive, a babe in the woods, has his head in the clouds. But I don't think for a minute that's the case with him. IMO Russell is extremely conscious of the image he portrays, a genuine nice guy that sincerely wants everyone to love him. He's the exact opposite of a guy like Brady that doesn't give a rip if people like him or not. Russell's also a very shrewd businessman that knows 20 year careers with one team almost never happens and likely won't with him.

so it's impossible to you? Iam ao sorry

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":17tt14a3 said:
Thursday press conference about his plans for the future. Wilson called it a “non-story” because he’s only thinking about what’s going with the Seahawks right now.

“That’s not in my head right now at all,” Wilson said. “I didn’t say that. I’m focused on what we’re doing here. Obviously I love Seattle. This is a place I’ve loved every day, every moment.”

Wilson was asked in a followup if that means that he intends to play out the remaining two years on his contract with the Seahawks.

“That’s my hope,” Wilson said. “My hope’s not just to fulfill it. Hopefully I can play here 20 years and my career. WIll that happen? I don’t know. That’s my prayer, that’s my hope. That stuff’s in the future, that stuff’s down the road. I think my mission, my focus is only on right now.”

Wrong again

“That’s not in my head right now at all,” Wilson said. “I didn’t say that. I’m focused on what we’re doing here. Obviously, I love Seattle. This is a place I’ve loved every day, every moment.”

notice the “I didn’t say that"

Pretty cut and dry he did not say it

toffee

Reaction score
John63":13quc4yg said:
chris98251":13quc4yg said:

Wrong again

“That’s not in my head right now at all,” Wilson said. “I didn’t say that. I’m focused on what we’re doing here. Obviously, I love Seattle. This is a place I’ve loved every day, every moment.”

Don't sell our hero short, our Russ is real smart, and runs a sophisticated machine. He has Publicist, agents, consultants, and people, together team Russ. Those people would all be fired if their boss couldn't have deniability.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3q46lrp8 said:
I hope he stays, and I hope the team can build an offense around him.
That's all I know
Maelstrom787":3q46lrp8 said:
People will really argue about literally anything here, I tell ya. It's almost a form of mass delusion at this point.

Jerhawk for the win, and Maelstrom as the voice of reason once again.

My GUESS, is that Russ stays, Pete stays, Waldron stays, and they double down on trying to make this offense work. KNJ perhaps goes. This is year 1 for Waldron. Bevell got multiple years, Schotty got a couple years. Russell knows he has to improve his game to not rely so much on his mobility, and to get the ball out quicker more often. Pete knows he has to provide a solid D and an actual run game for the current version of Russell to have success.

Also, the Waldron-McVay offensive scheme doesn't require a highly mobile QB like Russell. That could be a move that was made with a post-Russell future in mind.

From the ownership standpoint, I think they'd prioritize with Carroll over Wilson, if push came to shove. Russell's play the rest of this season will dictate what value we could get to improve the team. If the value offered is irresistible, I could see Russell being moved.

How about 3 firsts, Gardner Minshew-level QB talent on a cheap contract, and tens of millions of cap space to pay more FA talent on D and O-Line. Could Pete & Co. win with that combo? Maybe, if they use their draft capital and FA money wisely.

AgentDib

Reaction score
olyfan63":1tvb9npk said:
How about 3 firsts, Gardner Minshew-level QB talent on a cheap contract, and tens of millions of cap space to pay more FA talent on D and O-Line. Could Pete & Co. win with that combo? Maybe, if they use their draft capital and FA money wisely.
The thing is we don't really clear up that much cap space by trading Russ. We'd have a big dead money hit going to a player no longer on our roster. That would make it more difficult to win in 2022 than it would be if we kept Russ.

It could be a good long-term move to rebuild while doing a tank year, but that seems super unlikely to me with our current front office.

The kind of trade that would keep us competitive in 2022 would need to involve at least one expensive player to make the other team subsidize the bonus like we'd be doing Russ.

massari

Reaction score
olyfan63":4dpdpp1u said:
[How about 3 firsts, Gardner Minshew-level QB talent on a cheap contract, and tens of millions of cap space to pay more FA talent on D and O-Line..
Wilson dead cap money aside, trading two 1sts for a Safety to make the highest paid, then getting 3 1sts for a franchise QB so they can rely on Gardner Minshew and some free agents not worthy of a franchise tag by their former teams

CXM2UaBUEAAHRYwformatjpgnamesmall

John63

Reaction score
toffee":2s3emh9w said:
John63":2s3emh9w said:
chris98251":2s3emh9w said:

Wrong again

Don't sell our hero short, our Russ is real smart, and runs a sophisticated machine. He has Publicist, agents, consultants, and people, together team Russ. Those people would all be fired if their boss couldn't have deniability.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

I feel.sorry form u.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":2whp5m16 said:

LTH":2whp5m16 said:
I agree with that. But that's just who he is. it's been 9 years; he hasn't changed you can't hide who you are for 9 years. I take him at his word... I'm an optimist and he makes me want to puke sometimes LOL :pukeface:

LTH

When Russell says things like "I want to play for Seattle for 20 years", he reminds me of my college days and the prevailing attitude of the guys I ran with as we had little interest in developing long term relationships with women, that all we wanted was a succession of one night stands. One of my friends used to have a saying: "Promise them the world and give them your d!@k." Most women didn't buy it, or at least it never worked for me. :D

I realize that's who Russell is and that it's not likely that he'll ever change. But it gets old when you hear the same bubble gum, candy cane philosophy day after day for 9 years, and when I hear him talking like that, I just roll my eyes and laugh to myself.

Despite Russell's 20 year proclamation, I still have this feeling that we're seeing the last full month of him in blue and green.

Latest posts